Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    ma786 wrote: »
    That was pretty quick! Did you go direct or via a broker?

Broker, worth his weight in gold, been a painless process
  • ma786
    ma786 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    tori.k wrote: »
    Broker, worth his weight in gold, been a painless process

Which broker if you dont mind me asking? Im still waiting for application and documents to be looked at, 2 weeks after application!
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    He's a local broker to us in Cornwall if your in the same location I can PM you his details
  • Mrpear
    Mrpear Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys.

I know there is a hard credit search done for the DIP, and just before the offer...

Are there anymore credit searches made AFTER the offer?

As I need to purchase something ASAP !
  • danny893
    Options
    I have an updat eon my timeline for those watching!

03/02: AIP with Halifax
    03/03: Viewing of House
    10/03: 2nd Viewing
    12/03: 1st & 2nd Offer rejected (Cheeky offers, but house needs work!), 3rd Offer not accepted but not refused
    13/03: Vendor offers to sell it if we offer 2k more, we accept!
    13/03: Speak with MA go through finances to start ball rolling
    14/03: DIP with Nationwide
    19/03: Full Application done, Text recieved confirming Nationwide have recieved it.

UPDATE: 22/03: Valuation Recieved & Mortgage Offered!!
  • ma786
    Options
    danny893 wrote: »
    I have an updat eon my timeline for those watching!

03/02: AIP with Halifax
    03/03: Viewing of House
    10/03: 2nd Viewing
    12/03: 1st & 2nd Offer rejected (Cheeky offers, but house needs work!), 3rd Offer not accepted but not refused
    13/03: Vendor offers to sell it if we offer 2k more, we accept!
    13/03: Speak with MA go through finances to start ball rolling
    14/03: DIP with Nationwide
    19/03: Full Application done, Text recieved confirming Nationwide have recieved it.

UPDATE: 22/03: Valuation Recieved & Mortgage Offered!!

Unbelievable! 3 days from application to offer!

I should have gone with another lender!
  • ma786
    Options
    Slick88 wrote: »
    Im sure that wont happen. I dont think that would happen unless you were really dragging your heels. Whomever else might want to buy the property would have to go through the same application process so it would just increase the sellers time further. I think youll be fine :)

I hope so with regards to the report, the problem is me and the OH are both teachers so if we could have completed and exchanged during the Easter break it would make moving in so much less stressful.:(

Have you heard anything again / any progress?
  • Slick88
    Slick88 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    ma786 wrote: »
    Have you heard anything again / any progress?

Nope, but im not expecting to now that the valuation date is set.All the paperwork from our side in terms of the mrotgage is done, unless they request more. I am hoping we get the valuation the same day because, everywhere will be shut on the 30th for Good Friday and then Easter Monday.

I am not expecting to hear anything now for at least 2 weeks realistically :mad:
  • ma786
    Options
    Slick88 wrote: »
    Nope, but im not expecting to now that the valuation date is set.All the paperwork from our side in terms of the mrotgage is done, unless they request more. I am hoping we get the valuation the same day because, everywhere will be shut on the 30th for Good Friday and then Easter Monday.

I am not expecting to hear anything now for at least 2 weeks realistically :mad:

Atleast you have a valuation booked! We dont even have that yet!
    Cant believe its taking them so long to catch up! None of the other lenders seem to have been affected!
  • Alarae
    Alarae Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Alarae wrote: »
    15 Feb - View house (just back to market), first through the door and offer full asking price
    16 Feb - Offer accepted. AIP via L&C.
    19 Feb - Send all info to broker for full app.
    21 Feb - Try to submit full app- technical glitch.
    23 Feb - Full app finally submitted to Santander.
    26 Feb - Email over extra documents.
    27 Feb - Ask for more documents
    28 Feb - Documents submitted
    5 Mar - Passed to underwriters
    7 Mar - More documents requested
    8 Mar - Documents provided
    10 Mar - Back to underwriters
    14 Mar - More documents requested
    16 Mar - Documents submitted
    UPDATE: 23 Mar - Underwriter approval!

I hate Santander systems. Every time we submit more documents they are in one queue to be reviewed, then after that they go back into another queue to be passed to underwriters.

At this point I am not sure what else they could want other than my dress size..

One exact month later, my tracker has officially updated to confirm underwriter's approval! We had the valuation a while ago (which I presume came back okay...? Heard nothing else) so we have our mortgage offer! :j:j:j

It has driven me mad with the numerous documentation requests, delays due to snow and seeing everyone else's mortgages go through in a couple of weeks but it is DONE. We were a slightly complicated situation with Santander being the only real fit for our circumstances, so who knows what would have happened if they declined?!

Not sure where we are at with legals, but who cares! Solicitors can do their bit now, I only cared about getting the finances in order otherwise we couldn't buy the house regardless :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback