Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• ma786
    ma786 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    jolester wrote: »
    Who have you gone with?

Fingers crossed for you !

TSB via broker! The wait is killing me!
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    WE GOT THE MORTGAGE!!!

6th March - re-mortgage application submitted
    8th March - valuation requested and booked
    9th March - valuation at some point before 3
    9th March - virgins solicitors contact us and send forms
    14th March - Mortgage offer received :T:T:T
    16th March - all paperwork and ID sent off
    19th March - Virgin confirm receipt of paperwork
    19th March - I notice a direct debit set up on our account for new mortgage.

Should complete within first 2 weeks of April.
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hampshire Im sure you dont have to declare if you are paying off within 6 months - im sure my mortgage advisor said that to me - dont quote me though!
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • walkersneed
    Options
    Got a mortgage offer! I'm horribly anxious that something will happen and Natwest will withdraw the offer after they've generated one, and the people at the Mortgage Centre must be getting sick of me now... however, here's the summary of my timeline:

12/03: I apply over the phone
    13/03: online tracking system works
    14/03: I receive text saying the mortgage has been accepted subject to an acceptable valuation
    15/03: I reschedule the valuation and change it to a Homebuyers survey
    16/03: survey rescheduled to 19/09, between 9am and 1pm
    19/03: survey goes off without a hitch, I receive the Homebuyers report at 3pm, the offer from Natwest comes through at 5.30pm - all amazing. At 6.30pm the Natwest mortgage advisor who helped me apply tries to call me to 'clarify some details' - I don't pick up because I'm commuting, and when I see the missed calls and voicemail I panic. I email her to ring me back - she has some questions about the transfers in/out of my bank account from myself, which I explain by saying I try to capitalise on the interest rates on my current account and savings accounts. She seems happy and she tells me an offer will come through soon - to which I say I've already received one! She congratulates me and all seems well.

ANYWAY... all this to say, kudos to Natwest for sorting out an application from start to finish, including survey, in 8 days (= 6 working days), which would have probably been 5 days if I hadn't changed my mind on the type of valuation. Also thanks to Natwest for giving me a heart attack when all seemed to be 100% done - but I reckon the adviser needed to make sure of my circumstances and needed to ask some more questions.
  • femster82
    femster82 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ma786 wrote: »
    Thats amazingly quick! What did Halifax ask for documents wise?

Ended up going with The West Brom as the rates were better. They asked for P60, 3 months payslip, Proof of deposit (hard to get for savings account btw)
  • ma786
    Options
    Got a mortgage offer! I'm horribly anxious that something will happen and Natwest will withdraw the offer after they've generated one, and the people at the Mortgage Centre must be getting sick of me now... however, here's the summary of my timeline:

12/03: I apply over the phone
    13/03: online tracking system works
    14/03: I receive text saying the mortgage has been accepted subject to an acceptable valuation
    15/03: I reschedule the valuation and change it to a Homebuyers survey
    16/03: survey rescheduled to 19/09, between 9am and 1pm
    19/03: survey goes off without a hitch, I receive the Homebuyers report at 3pm, the offer from Natwest comes through at 5.30pm - all amazing. At 6.30pm the Natwest mortgage advisor who helped me apply tries to call me to 'clarify some details' - I don't pick up because I'm commuting, and when I see the missed calls and voicemail I panic. I email her to ring me back - she has some questions about the transfers in/out of my bank account from myself, which I explain by saying I try to capitalise on the interest rates on my current account and savings accounts. She seems happy and she tells me an offer will come through soon - to which I say I've already received one! She congratulates me and all seems well.

ANYWAY... all this to say, kudos to Natwest for sorting out an application from start to finish, including survey, in 8 days (= 6 working days), which would have probably been 5 days if I hadn't changed my mind on the type of valuation. Also thanks to Natwest for giving me a heart attack when all seemed to be 100% done - but I reckon the adviser needed to make sure of my circumstances and needed to ask some more questions.

good work! we should have gone direct too!
  • ma786
    Options
    femster82 wrote: »
    Ended up going with The West Brom as the rates were better. They asked for P60, 3 months payslip, Proof of deposit (hard to get for savings account btw)

OK - I thought usually the 3 payslips are all they want along with proof of deposit?
  • Ralphy101
    Ralphy101 Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone had experience with First Direct?

They have all our bank statements / proof of ID etc uploaded to their portal around the 05/03/2018. - We had an AIP then.

We had a long phone call with a mortgage manager ( mortgage advice call) on the 08/03/2018, who asked a couple of questions regarding bank activity and went through our options. This resulted in us choosing an option.

We received via post the Key illustration document - we signed it and returned it in the post on the 15/03/2018. - The mortgage advice guy then emailed me saying the valuation company has been instructed ( its a new build).

I have checked my equifax credit profile and seen an inquiry was recorded against it on the 08/03/2018 ( same day as the phone call). - Is this the credit search from the underwriters?

At the moment i am awaiting news on the valuation. Is this the last hurdle to jump considering the inquiry against credit profile? Or was this a soft search in prep for the underwriting department?
  • danny893
    Options
    Hello All!

My first post on here, although no stranger to reading the forum frequently!

I am happy to be say im in the club! Wasn't looking to buy initially after a poor credit rating for a number of years, but cleaned up my debts and my credit score and took a chance on a AIP and Halifax were happy to lend so set off on our house hunting dream! My timeline is as follows:

03/02: AIP with Halifax
    03/03: Viewing of House
    10/03: 2nd Viewing
    12/03: 1st & 2nd Offer rejected (Cheeky offers, but house needs work!), 3rd Offer not accepted but not refused
    13/03: Vendor offers to sell it if we offer 2k more, we accept!
    13/03: Speak with MA go through finances to start ball rolling
    14/03: DIP with Nationwide
    19/03: Full Application done, Text recieved confirming Nationwide have recieved it.

Just fingers crossed everything goes nice and smoothly!
  • Slick88
    Slick88 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    SO I had a phone call this morning from SDL who are apparently carrying out the Surveys on the property we want to buy on behalf of TSB. They needed me to sign off on terms and conditions first. That's now done so hopefully we'll have our survey done soon (which should be the final step in our process before getting signed off). Althoguh the email states it can take 5 - 7 working days for the survey to come through :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Timeline now stands at ...

03/02 - AIP with Natwest
    12/2 - Appointment with independant MA to look at available options
    14/2 - First and Second viewing of a property new to the market that day!
    14/2 - First offer rejected (it was a very cheeky offer
    15/2 - Second offer rejected
    17/2 - Third and final offer accepted
    22/2 - Began to instruct Solicitors
    23/2 - AIP with MA for TSB accepted and full application submitted
    26/2 - Full application received by TSB - Credit check appears on file - Survey money taken
    26/2 - MA puts survey on hold until Application process has moved forward.
    5/3 - More documents requested and alteration to Gift declaration (make sure if your getting a gift and a joint applicant both your names are on the gift statement!)
    5/3 - Documents returned same day - MA passess info across and tells us survey should be instructed week of 12/3
    13/3 - emailed MA yesterday for an update yesterday and patiently waiting for a reply
    14/3 - MA informed us he had instructed the Survey.
    19/3 - Phoned MA for an update to be informed TSB have a back log due to new products making them a 'victim of their own success'.
    21/3 Surveyors made contact in order to sign off the survey instruction and to provide email address...

THE WAIT CONTINUES!!! :(:(:(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure