Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

edited 7 February 2014 at 2:40PM in Mortgages & Endowments
11.8K replies 1.6M views

Replies

• bt1 wrote: »
    Clueless, looks like we applied at the same time- hopefully we will hear something back tomorrow! So nervous!!

Oooo good luck! My MA told me it will probably be a couple of weeks - I won't have any nails left!!
  • peytonxpeytonx Forumite
    60 Posts
    swanny78 wrote: »
    Just called MA looks like we are on track for today to issue valuation all going well.... everything crossed again

Did you hear back Swanny? I am following your case as I have also applied to Natwest 3 days after you lol.
    Although mine is not htb and I only have a 10% deposit so I don't know if that will hold it up. I have only been waiting 4 days and it feels like forever! I am convinced I will get declined :eek:
    My IFA seems to think everything is fine but all he seems concerned about is selling me insurance :(. I am not sure if it is normal but he submitted my life insurance policy and reffered my details to a building insurance company before submitting the mortgage application!! If there is no mortgage there is no insurance!
    FTB
    Offer Accpeted 16/07/2013 - Full Mortgage App 19/07/2013 - Valuation 05/08/2013 additional survey 13/08/2013 - Mortgage Offer 21/08/2013 Exchange & Completion 14/10/2013
  • swanny78swanny78 Forumite
    86 Posts
    hi peytonx. I called my MA about 5pm and they told me the docs I resent were faxed at 11am today to Natwest. They take 24hrs to appear on their system I'm told. So they wont even start looking before 11am tomorrow. Arrrggghhhh !
  • Good luck Swanny and Peyton! We still haven't heard from Natwest....its nerve racking!!
  • kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peytonx wrote: »
    If there is no mortgage there is no insurance!
    ... and they only get paid when the mortgage completes and the insurance goes into force and you pay the premiums.

Does that suggest anything to you?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    86 Posts
    Jessica29 wrote: »
    Good luck Swanny and Peyton! We still haven't heard from Natwest....its nerve racking!!
    I vote all 3 of us go down there and demand some answers ;-)
    60 Posts
    Good luck Swanny and Peyton! We still haven't heard from Natwest....its nerve racking!!

Wow, I can not believe you are still waiting from 3rd July! I dont think my nerves can hold out that long.
    FTB
    Offer Accpeted 16/07/2013 - Full Mortgage App 19/07/2013 - Valuation 05/08/2013 additional survey 13/08/2013 - Mortgage Offer 21/08/2013 Exchange & Completion 14/10/2013
    60 Posts
    kingstreet wrote: »
    ... and they only get paid when the mortgage completes and the insurance goes into force and you pay the premiums.

Does that suggest anything to you?

Erm.. I am not sure what you mean?
    FTB
  • swanny78 wrote: »
    I vote all 3 of us go down there and demand some answers ;-)
    peytonx wrote: »
    Wow, I can not believe you are still waiting from 3rd July! I dont think my nerves can hold out that long.

Natwest have just rung...supporting documents have been approved, the valuation has been instructed and the fee has just now been taken from my bank account :j

It's your turns next!!
    86 Posts
    Natwest have just rung...supporting documents have been approved, the valuation has been instructed and the fee has just now been taken from my bank account :j

It's your turns next!!
    Excellent Jessica, good news, hopefully we hear today