Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• JohnWestBear
    Options
    Had to go into a Branch of Leeds BS today to sign the declaration in front of a member of staff because my signature has changed due to the nature of my work and the amount of written reports that I have to do I have had a significant change in my signature.

They confirmed the valuation had taken place though and that this form was the last part before the underwriters, so hopefully will hear something over the next few days :)
  • Worrywart
    Options
    I am confused; it doesn't take much.
    Our broker has called to say congratulations and what bank account do we want the payment to come out of? And our mortgage application has been passed to his case manager!!!
    So I think we've got a mortgage? It's for a new build, not yet finished.
  • JohnWestBear
    Options
    Interesting to hear that worrywart. Hopefully Leeds are that on the ball. There own service levels state 3 days, so we will see.
  • Worrywart
    Options
    That is what I thought John. We initially got declined over past adverse credit from 4 years ago, but our broker fought our corner.

We are waiting for paperwork to come through.

Stikl won't believe it, until we move in.
  • piggeh
    piggeh Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Received our mortgage offer in the post today from Natwest!! Here is our timeline -

12/10/15 - Mortgage application submitted via broker
    16/10/15 - Notified via broker that we have been approved subject to valuation
    20/10/15 - Valuation fee taken
    23/10/15 - Valuation carried out
    28/10/15 - Mortgage offer in post

Good luck to everyone else awaiting an offer. Its so stressful even when its as quick as ours was.

That seems a very quick turnaround! I had my valuation fee taken on 20th as well. No news on valuation survey date yet (nationwide).
    matched betting: £879.63
  • andie5
    andie5 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    That is quick jackofalltrades but I'm glad you posted it because we are going with Natwest and haven't heard anything as yet, but our broker said 2-3 weeks so it sounds about right.
    Thank you!
  • Worrywart
    Options
    Spoken to my broker and it is now with the case nanager and rhen going to the underwriting team, where there is a 2-3 wait and the valuation to do.

I hate waiting and it doesn't help we recently had a late payment this month. I am so.worried now, I am going to keep kkeenex in business.
  • Jackofalltrades29
    Options
    andie5 wrote: »
    That is quick jackofalltrades but I'm glad you posted it because we are going with Natwest and haven't heard anything as yet, but our broker said 2-3 weeks so it sounds about right.
    Thank you!

Yeah, we thought it was very quick. I was stressing out after the valuation waiting for an email from my broker who never found out until i got the offer on my doorstep! Good luck!!
  • Bee70
    Bee70 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    We've just found out that we have passed the affordability etc checks, so have offer pending valuation, which will hopefully be done next week. We are now on day 15 of submitting the application, but at least we are making progress!
  • airyfairy76
    airyfairy76 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 30 October 2015 at 4:20PM
    Options
    Mortgage offer number FIVE now sorted :D Seriously, I have so much paperwork from Santander....

April 2015 - mortgage offer sent with wrong address (Taylor Wimpey's fault)
    April 2015 - mortgage offer with correct address sent
    June 2015 - interest rates drop, so move onto different product. New offer sent.
    October 2015 - offer expires. New one sent but wrong expiry date (Santander's fault)
    October 2015 - correct offer arrives!!

I will say having a broker is totally recommended. And whereas I don't know if it would be different if I was dealing with Santander direclty, everything has gone through remarkably quickly with them, with the full checks and valuations done in about a week both in April, and now.

Let's hope my builders don't delay any more - hope to complete in four weeks. Fingers crossed!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback