Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• charliewocka
    charliewocka Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    Heard back from Woolwich on Friday to say the residential mortgage has been instructed for valuation! They were happy with my residency 'issues' once I proved my residency in my previous country for the four years by sending over PDFs of bank statements, old payslips and my tenancy agreement over there.

Broker says this is good news as Woolwich typically go through full underwriting before instructing the valuations. This week we have the valuation on the BTL and the residential to hear from.
  • Derboy
    Derboy Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    I'll play along... will give me something else to do besides biting my finger nails!

Leeds Building Society Execution Only Online
    18/05/2015 - Decision In Principle Approved
    14/07/2015 - Full application submitted for Initial Assessment
    18/07/2015 - Letter received asking for further info, accountants ref.
    20/07/2015 - Valuation taking place today

That's it so far.
  • charliewocka
    Options
    BTL valuation booked for the 29th. The wait will kill me!
  • Gorg
    Gorg Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    We got ours! Took about 2 and a half months, start to finish. Super relieved! Bring on moving day.
    Initial Mortgage July 2015: £170,995
    Current Mortgage: £159,402
  • justamummy
    justamummy Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    justamummy wrote: »
    This is my time line so far
    1/7 - DIP
    3/7 - full application senty to halifax
    9/7 - Broker requested further evidance of matinace payments.
    9/7 - valuation booked for 15/7
    10/7 - proof of maintiance sent to broker.
    15/7 - valuation
    17/7 - Broker recived full offer letter
    20/7 - I recvied full offer letter.
  • charliewocka
    Options
    BTL valuation booked for the 29th. The wait will kill me!

Just got confirmation that residential mortgage survey is booked - 5th August! Argh! :( Do you think it's worth us calling them and asking to contact the EA if there is a cancellation in the meantime?

Valuers are Countrywide - if they are as good as their mortgage brokers and conveyancing I'm not holding out much!!
  • an_ecunemical_matter
    Options
    Applied for remortgage online with Firstdirect yesterday 3pm. Call 5.50pm last night from a friendly chap to discuss same but I was eating microwave magic at McSpoons. So I phone them today 2pm. Terrible waiting music but go through the next part of process. Another good and friendly agent. Took about 40 mins.

Get a call back then 4pm. Approved !!!!!

I moved bank to them and now got a mortgage with them. Can't but recommend. :T

Quoting my own post but mortgage completed on 15/07/15. Almost 5 weeks. No glitches/pitfalls at all. Well done to FD and also to solicitors ENACT (they were a total contrast to the cowboys that YBS used last time Optima legal)...........:T
  • glasgowmoneyman
    Options
    Well we have finally received our mortgage offer from RBS 4 weeks and 4 days after our application went in and was approved at the branch. Every time we had to send them something in it took 1 week for them to review it, make a decision and move to the next stage. It took them 4 days to print the documents out and post them!

Now our solicitor has had to go to the bank with a small issue about land. There is a small bit of our garden that is not on the title deeds. However the solicitor has contacted the valuer who has said that removing that portion of land from the garden would not affect the valuation price. Hopefully the bank are ok with this and we can get a completion date organised quickly!

It's amazing that after you pass each stage of the process you have a moment of feeling relieved before you start worrying about the next bit! It's horrible!
    02/02/11: MBNA CC: £1700 RBS CC: £3800 Nationwide CC: £2300
    Money Owed to parents: £1800

Aim to be debt free by July 29th 2016! :eek:
  • glasgowmoneyman
    Options
    Quoting my own post but mortgage completed on 15/07/15. Almost 5 weeks. No glitches/pitfalls at all. Well done to FD and also to solicitors ENACT (they were a total contrast to the cowboys that YBS used last time Optima legal)...........:T

Great news, congratulations.

how long did it take from getting the offer through to completion?
    02/02/11: MBNA CC: £1700 RBS CC: £3800 Nationwide CC: £2300
    Money Owed to parents: £1800

Aim to be debt free by July 29th 2016! :eek:
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Options
    Just in case it is helpful for anyone. We viewed a property on 1st June, mortgage applications done 3rd June for a buy to let on ours and then residential on the new one. We had offers from both TSB (btl) and woolwich on 12 and 13th June. Due to complete tomorrow (hold up due to a title issue). Very quick and much easier than I expected - both only asked for 1 month payslip.

IQ
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure