Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Bowley
    Bowley Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    07/07 - Full mortgage application went in to Halifax
    09/07 - Valuation booked for 16/07
    09/07 - Mortgage advisor informs us that Halifax can't accept my boyfriends invoices or the copy of his contract, they ask for an employer reference. Boyfriend rings mortgage advisor who speaks to Halifax; they can accept 6 months of his invoices and 6 months of bank statements showing the wages going in instead as their criteria has changed. These are scanned and emailed to mortgage advisor that evening.
    13/07 - Mortgage approved subject to a satisfactory valuation.

Hurrah! Mortgage advisor will chase Halifax on Friday to make sure they have recieved the valuation report. She will update us on the progress.

Fingers crossed we will have the offer next week! We go abroad on holiday for a week on Thursday, it'll be nice to come home to a mortgage offer on the doormat. Solicitor has all the searches back, waiting for the offer so we can proceed.

Over the moon after the bad time we had with Nationwide, Halifax have been much quicker! Approved within 4 working days and that's with extra documents being requested and sent. The valuation with Nationwide was approved with no issues, so I'm not expecting any problems. Excellent, I will enjoy my holiday much more now!
    :D
  • justamummy
    justamummy Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is my time line so far
    1/7 - DIP
    3/7 - full application senty to halifax
    9/7 - Broker requested further evidance of matinace payments.
    9/7 - valuation booked for 15/7
    10/7 - proof of maintiance sent to broker.
  • Taibek
    Taibek Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Onto my fourth week so far with Nationwide, MB states

"[FONT=&quot]They are happy with everything and have confirmed as such to me but are taking ages getting the offer out - I hope it will be by close of business tomorrow."

Getting a little nervous now :(
    [/FONT]
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    We will be joining you all shortly... got to wait until saturday to sit with the broker to go through everything... i'm nervous already!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • Shashika20
    Shashika20 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    After six weeks finally we got our mortgage offer. :beer:
  • Tartanspecial
    Tartanspecial Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 15 July 2015 at 5:23PM
    Options
    Joined here just to post this so.... Hello! :D

FTB having spent the past month and a half with mortgage insomnia lol.

All rushed due to help to buy deadline ending just days after we raised the money for our deposit and fees.
    All done through broker.

Help to buy applied for 22/05
    Nationwide AIP received 25/05
    HTB authority to proceed 17/06
    Nationwide application text 24/06
    House reserved (new build) 24/06
    Nationwide text, Valuation booked for 29/06
    Supporting documents sent 29/06
    After hassling both Broker and housing company I received both valuation receipt and review texts 03/07
    Mortgage offered! 03/07

Still waiting on exchange of contracts.
    Move in date is Sep 10th.

Is this waiting period normal?

When should I be looking for life & mortgage insurance?

Am I just looking for excuses to panic? :) .
  • topman2015
    Options
    My friend's FTB timeline with Halifax,
    DIP passes and full application: 05/06/15
    Valuation done: 08/06/15
    Valuation report received: 09/06/15
    Employment ref given: 03/07/15
    Explanation of a transaction: 10/07/15
    Mortgage offer: 13/07/15
  • charliewocka
    charliewocka Posts: 413 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2015 at 3:48PM
    Options
    BTL mortgage submitted Monday morning, told to expect a bit of a delay due to volume. Just heard back underwriter is happy and has instructed a valuation, should be next week! More progress in three days than we had in two months!

Residential mortgage is requesting me to prove my residency overseas. I have only been in the UK for 22 months and they have no issues with that, but they want me to prove my overseas residency for the four year period. Argh! Sent over PDF bank statements in the hope that will be OK and waiting for my payslips to be pulled form archive with HR. Broker said statements should be fine though and will discuss with his BDM if there are any issues.

So stressful but thriving on it all! Fingers crossed!!!!!!!

ETA - Broker sent over the bank statements to the underwriter straight away who has reviewed them and said they should be fine but will go through in more detail later (only actually needs to see my name and address on the front pages!) but should be able to instruct a survey today or tomorrow! Fast moving - love our broker! :D
  • joshdean84
    joshdean84 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 17 July 2015 at 9:11PM
    Options
    I've been following this forum closely lately...

Took us just over a month from AIP to offer! And we were very quick at returning paperwork/forms etc.

We're buying a £145,000 new build, HTB, 5% deposit. We were a bit nervous because we thought we had too much debt. But everything went through fine. We're very pleased!

Here's our timeline...

12/06 Nationwide AIP application through broker after reserving property. AIP granted.
    16/06 Appointment with broker to make full application
    18/06 Text from Nationwide - application received
    18/06 Text from Nationwide - valuation ‘rescheduled’ to [blank] (?!)
    19/06 Text from Nationwide - valuation booked for 02/07
    24/06 Text from Nationwide - valuation rescheduled to 27/06
    25/06 Text from Nationwide - valuation rescheduled to 28/06
    25/06 Email from broker saying Nationwide want my June payslip and copy of signed contract (we were on holiday)
    29/06 June payslip and signed contract sent to broker
    02/07 Call from broker. Nationwide want both mine and OH's June payslip (despite me already providing my June payslip). They advise valuation is complete and has been accepted.
    03/07 Signed contract and June payslips for me and OH sent to broker.
    10/07 Text from Nationwide - valuation passed (?!)
    10/07 Broker calls - Nationwide request clarification on mine and OH's payslips.
    13/07 Offer received (text from NW)
    16/07 Formal offer arrives in the post
  • Iain187
    Options
    I've been following this thread to try and gauge what to expect

Admittedly we've gone about this backwards and reserved a plot without a mortgage - the builder wants a 6 week turn around on the exchange of contracts so that is the initial deadline we are aiming for...

So far we have -

12/7 - deposit down to reserve plot
    13/7 - all requested docs over to mortgage broker
    15/7 - appointment with MB - identified mortgage product (Halifax + HTB)
    16/7 - voicemail from broker saying Halifax have accepted application subject to valuation
    - email from HTB confirming application
    18/7 - as its a new build the builders recommended a solicitor, the costs and such seemed competitive so happy to proceed on the basis of meeting the quick contract exchange date - provided all requested docs and instructed them to conduct their searches and so on

Next steps- we are visiting the builders tomorrow to decide on all our work tops, tiles, etc which will give me a perfect opportunity to ask if they've booked in a valuer

The only other next step is to find some life insurance - the MB was selling me life/critical illness/income protection @ £250 pcm - I'll shop around!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback