Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    So clearly in your case, someone at jrt2 is not the telling the truth on 2 occasions. Quelle suprise;)

Actually, if you read all these statements carefully, they are consistent. Technical failure with an earlier flight that put the crew out of hours. But not extraordinary circumstances of course.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    Actually, if you read all these statements carefully, they are consistent. Technical failure with an earlier flight that put the crew out of hours. But not extraordinary circumstances of course.
    Hmm me thinks you are going soft in your old age! Hardly consistent, contrived and E w T?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Bonters
    Options
    For what its worth, I'm using Bott & Co too. Quite by chance, I discovered that an acquaintance of mine (Kevin Clarke) is one of their solicitors pursuing these claims, and he enjoys the fight. He is also disgusted with the way the airlines are dismissing claimants. Bott & Co do not ask you to put up the fee for taking it to the Small Claims Court, which some others do. I personally think that the actual amount of their fees at the end of the day will be quite reasonable, given the amount of professional work they do for it. I felt fairly confident that I could have done it myself, but if you read enough threads on here, there are some cautionary tales of folk who have pursued it and lost. Leaving themselves further out of pocket, together with the frustrations. Granted, I think the majority are doing reasonably well but I decided I could do without the hassle and was happy to pay the fees for someone to do it on my behalf. I'll gladly update when my case is resolved and in the meantime, I do think that Bott & Co are emerging as one of the leaders in this kind of claim, but whether you want to forfeit some of your compo is really a personal decision. I admit I'm a bit gung ho about all that small print stuff, I've signed up on the very clear understanding of 'No Win No Fee' and I'd like to see anyone get a penny out of me if they don't win the case! NWNF has to mean just that and can never be conditional in my opinion.
    I might also not even be claiming at all if the airline (Thomson) had treated us a good deal better and given us more accurate info (or any info at all for that matter) throughout a 9 hour delay! End of the day, you pays yer money and takes yer choice
  • Jupiler
    Options
    I can report success through using Bott & Co, my post #1019 on the Virgin Atlantic thread refers for further info.
  • kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jupiler wrote: »
    I can report success through using Bott & Co, my post #1019 on the Virgin Atlantic thread refers for further info.

congratulations! Can I ask - after Bott & Co issued proceedings what was the sequence of events?
  • kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    got an unprompted update from Bott: We have now received confirmation from the Court that formal Court Proceedings have been issued. The Proceedings have been served on the airline and they are obliged to acknowledge receipt of those Proceedings within 14 days and then provide a formal written Defence within a further 14 days.

So full steam ahead
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    I got an update the other day saying mine is now going to the court. The person I travelled with meanwhile has got an e-mail to say the airline is considering whether compensation is due on the flight or not and will be in contact shortly. Like I said to them it will be my luck i'm doing all the chasing and they will get paid out no doubt and I won't, but it sounds like they are thinking more about them all due to the sheer amount of them as surely it is costing more defending them than paying them out?
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Liberty1577
    Options

Ive just had an email saying Bott received confirmation from the Court that formal Court Proceedings have been issued and served on the airline. They are obliged to acknowledge receipt of those Proceedings within 14 days and then provide a formal written Defence within a further 14 days.

Will be interesting to see what their defence is as they told me nothing specific just technical issues and exceptional circs and as of yet have failed to respond to Bott. I wonder if their failing to respond and not giving an explanation is why Bott have issued court papers in my case?

Well I've just received an email from Bott telling me the airline has agreed to pay. They have asked for my bank account details and apparently I should have my money in 42 days. Fingers crossed!
  • Jupiler
    Jupiler Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kuepper wrote: »
    congratulations! Can I ask - after Bott & Co issued proceedings what was the sequence of events?

Hello, sorry for delay in responding to your question. The complete chain of events is as follows:

18/06: My initial approach to Bott & Co.

28/06: Initial response from Bott & Co requesting further info.

01/07: I provide Bott & Co will all available information and documentation appertaining to our (4 persons in total) flight and claim.

04/07: Bott & Co advise they have sent their first letter to the airline, requesting an acknowledgement within 14 days, and a full response within 30 days.

18/07: Bott & Co advise that the airline has not responded within their initial 14-day deadline, and they have been written to again to chase them up before taking alternative action.

15/08: Bott & Co advise court proceedings sent to the court.

19/09: Bott & Co advise that the airline has agreed to settle the claim, and payment is expected within 42 days.

23/09: Bott & Co request bank details for transfer of funds.

03/10: Bott & Co advise they have transferred funds to us.

04/10: The expected amount of cash arrives in our accounts :beer:

We remain satified customers of Bott & Co :).
  • Debbie321
    Options
    Thanks guys. Tui have turned me down twice now, their final letter was most definite! The CAA haven't replied to me within their own time frame and haven't responded to any of my reminders. I was hoping to do this myself but haven't got the confidence to take them to court. I'll see what Bott & Co say and also get them to confirm my financial liability . 75% of something is better than 100% of nothing after all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure