Non-coupon related Drivel Thread 10

Options

Comments

• CouponWoman
    CouponWoman Posts: 6,065 Forumite
    Options
    Hi red, kerri and Jeferey

The orthotist didn;t know what to recommend re my knee brace so he said he will look through all his books/brochures and see what else can be used instead of my current brace.

The physio is helpful and agrees this brace isn;t really suitable.

Jeferey don;t go lifting anything heavy, you don;t want to make your back problems worse, so just be careful.

red - hope your ok and not overworking your knee.

kerri - how is your house coming along now. hope you got some veggies planted.

Take car guys

CWxx
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all

Sorry to hear that they haven't yet found a decent brace for you CW. When you consider the prosthetics they can produce nowadays, someone should be able to find a better brace for you.

Jeferey - did you manage to do the bike ride at the weekend? You should have joined in the ride in London!

I suppose you will soon be making us all jealous telling us about your crop of vegetables. I managed to have a couple of small pickings from our blackcurrants and raspberries last week. Tasted great with some crème fraiche. Looks as though there will be quite a few blackberries later but they are still quite green and not very big at the moment.

I had my last visit to the physiotherapist today. She is really pleased with my progress.

I had a laugh today as I discussed wanting to improve the bend in my knee & she came up with a new exercise. She asked me to kneel on my hands and knees on the couch. Well that was the first bit - I felt like a stranded whale trying to get in position. She then put a pillow on my feet/lower legs and asked me to sit back on it. Well, let's just say I did manage to bend back a little but there was no way I could actually sit on the pillow.

Has made me realise that I need to carry on with the exercises for some more months as she & the Consultant have always said and that I need some patience but not my strong point.

Stay safe.
  • CouponWoman
    Options
    Morning red, kerri and Jeferey

red - that exercise sounds hard really with a bad knee. We do look funny doing knee exercises though. One of mine is to hold onto something and keep going up and down onto my toes. Another is to hold onto something standing up and swing my leg from the hip to and fro. Swap to the other leg and carry on swinging that leg. She said we need to strengthen other muscles to help the damages ones that are too weak. Just got to wait for the orthotist and see what he can come up with. But your right, its slow going and we need to be patient.

Take care guys

CWxx
  • CouponWoman
    Options
    Good morning red, kerri and Jeferey

Hope your all well and enjoying the summer, oh wait, its wintry weather out there, cold, raining, and grey skies. Summer has gone, that was it in May and early June when we had 4 weeks of lovely weather and now its definately not like summer more like October or November weather atm.

So keep dry guys.

CWxx
  • redagila
    Options
    Morning all.

Better weather down here CW. Lovely & sunny yesterday although a bit blowy & looks good outside this morning.

I went mad yesterday and spent a couple of hours in the garden cutting back stuff along the fence which hasn't been controlled the last couple of years. Was very pleased that no real problem with my knee but boy did other parts ache at the end!

I have 2 small herb beds which went mad while we were in France but so far I seem to have stopped the cat poo by putting small stones between the plants. We now have a regular evening visitor of a fox which comes through the garden. Looks very healthy so must be finding plenty to eat.

Jeferey How's the clearance work going? Have you found any valuable antiques hidden away? I know when we cleared my Mum's flat, it was amazing what we found. A bit of a salutary lesson not to hoard - trouble is we find it quite hard to get rid of things we no longer use!

Kerri How is life with you now? Still working hard and exercising even harder?

Take care all.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry for my absence, yet again, I'll be getting my drivel membership revoked soon. RL has still been going 100 mph - work has been mega busy (it's actually the second busiest time of the year, second only to year end for me, this year it might even be busier), plus the house if s never ending to do list ATM - which I know they generally are. We've been having a few jobs done like the fianc! straightened, then I spent a day painting some if it, trying to get people in to quote for jobs, picking up those bits n pieces needed for general maintenance bits (I've been in and out of Screwfix like a blue arsed fly of late) and red I have been trying to keep up the yoga (2 classes this week) running (6 miles) pole (1 1/2hrs) .....need 48 hrs a day! Also caught up with lovely friends through a few coffees / lunches when time has allowed which has been lovely.
    jeferey wrote: »
    Hi CW, Kerri & red :D
    Sorry to hear about your continuing knee brace troubles CW
    We're doing ok, started clearing out mum's garage OMG - going to take a few trips to charity shop and tip lol.
    Enjoying my two weeks off, taking FD to Legoland for a couple of days next week.
    Been busy at the allotment, lots of watering and weeding. Pumpkins are ballooning!
    Hoping to go for a long bike ride (maybe 60+ miles) Sunday morning.
    Take care everyone...

Feel free to drop off some veg this way Jeferey I'm about 15-20 mins from Legolamd... I'll put the kettle on for you, no veg for me this year, although I have had one single solitary strawberry from my strawberry plant :rotfl:

Cw I hope you get your knee brace sorted soon.would anything like a pull on sports support help? I recall when I had a knee problem as an adolescent the doc telling me to put two tins in a hokey sock and hang it over my angle, then lift my leg to strengthen muscles round my knee.

Red glad your knee is coming along. I imagine that was hard trying to even balance on your hand and knees on the couch! :eek:

Bet Jeferey is that person in the news who found £5k worth of diamonds in a chair bought st auction for £5 ;)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• CouponWoman
    Options

Sounds like you both have been busy bees lately red and kerri.

kerri sorry your strawberries aren;t up to much this year. Maybe next year will be better when hopefully you can spend more time in the garden.

red - its great that your knee didn;t cause you any problems when you did your gardening jobs. Sounds like it must be fully recovered now.

Jeferey - hope things are ok with you. And if it was you who found the diamonds pass a few my way please. lol.

Take care guys

CWxx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Well my entire weekend was spent painting the garden fence - good job I had sun cream on too! I'm not sure the neighbours appreciated the paint sprayer on yesterday (sounds like a hoover) while they were trying to have a BBQ but couldn't be helped.

Strawberry plants were a house warming gift from a friend - along with a strawberry pot - got some more coming along atm, prob not enough to make jam but they should be enough for a little pud accompaniment if they ripen off in time.

Reckon jeferey did find those diamonds and is off gallivanting ;)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• redagila
    Options
    Evening all.

Good to hear you are settling in now Kerri and already keeping busy sorting everything.

We are having all the windows replaced later this week which means taking down all the curtains. Hope it stays fine and I'll take the opportunity to wash all of them - not a job I do very often! We have had one problem because our cables for the upstairs telephone and internet were fixed under the window sill instead of just going straight up the wall & in and the installers won't deal with removing/replacing them. We have to sort it out as Talktalk won't help as there is nothing wrong with our service.
    My DH can't get up the ladder but luckily our next door neighbour has offered to sort it out for us. We have always been so lucky whenever our neighbours have changed & these fairly new ones really like to help. They both come from large families & all seem to help one another. They did major alterations to the house when they moved in & seemed to have someone in the family who could do any job needed! Lucky them.

CW Has your orthotist finished looking through his books and found anything better for you yet?

Looks as though Jeferey is still enjoying his holiday - perhaps he is taking the FD to more theme parks. Or, of course, perhaps he has started a round the world trip!
  • CouponWoman
    Options

kerri - its good that you have painted your fence now. Its the start of Autumn in 6 weeks and the weather could worsen. Not that summer has been that great as it was cold yesterday, damp as it rained on and off all day. This year has flown by.

red - I go to see the orthotist again tomorrow, hopefully he has sorted a new brace out. Hope you get your windows replaced ok and the weather holds out for you. They are quick when they change a window but it does make the house a bit dusty. I would love a family like your neighbour where they have lots of very handy family members to help out. My family are all scattered and certainly not diy experts in any way so no help when something needs doing.

Jeferey - hope your having a lovely holiday and don;t forget to pass a few diamonds my way. lol.

Take care guys

CWxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family