Non-coupon related Drivel Thread 10

Options

Comments

• jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry I've been AWOL - unfortunately my dad died suddenly 2 hours after we got back from our week away in North Yorkshire. I managed to get there before he'd gone. Sad......
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,307 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all. Had a couple of weeks in France & has taken me a week to really get back into some kind of routine.

Jeferey - So sorry to hear about your sad loss. Good you were actually able to see your Dad. My sympathy & thoughts are with you & all your family - such a difficult time for everyone.

Kerri - Good to see your post and hear that you are now moving forward. Been a bad time for you but glad you managed the "big" trip - we loved Australia & have been lucky enough to have had 2 trips there in the past. Won't be too many months before you start trying to compete with Jeferey & his veggies!

CW I wouldn't be making the neighbour's cats welcome in my house! I am really fed up as recent new neighbours all have cats & they seem to think that my herb beds are there as their private toilets!! I don't mind them coming into the garden & one was quite amusing recently as she would go down in to the pond and watch the tadpoles & try and catch them.

Glad to say I'm driving and my knee is progressing - can't believe it was done nearly 3 months ago. My physio is really good except every time I see her she adds another harder exercise to the list, although she has said I can stop some of the earlier ones. I just have to make sure that I keep up the routine at least for another 3 months.

Take care everyone & enjoy this sunshine while we have it.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Jeferey so sorry to hear your sad news, thinking of you and your family at this difficult time xx

Red glad to hear the knee is getting stronger

Cw cats tend not to poop where their food / patch is, so by making them welcome you're prob keeping your garden clean! X
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• CouponWoman
    CouponWoman Posts: 6,065 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning red, kerri and Jeferey

We have some rain atm, but the gardens really needed it so its ok. Got 2 loads of washing dry yesterday so don;t need to do any today.

Jeferey - I am so sorry to hear about your dad but glad you got to see him in time. My sympathy to you and your family at such a sad time. ((hugs))

kerri - glad your back after such a horrible and worrying time. Sorry you had to move so quickly. Moving is very stressful but when done in a hurry its even worse, no time to pack carefully and declutter as well. Your new house will soon feel like home, and you will get a new "stash" together and all will be well.

red - we couldn;t keep these 2 cats away if we tried. Every time we open the door they are there and shoot in and hide. tbh we haven;t been troubled by them doing cat poo in the garden. They sleep in our borders in the garden, drink from the pond if they can;t be bothered to go on the patio for a dish of fresh water. They spend hours sat on our doorstep, so much so that everyone thinks they are out cats. If you sit down they want you to either play with them or let them sleep on your knee and be stroked. If they see my ds in the street they go running to him and wind themselves around his legs wanting attention.

red - glad your knee continues to improve. Do you still have to wear a brace or anything on your knee now you have had the op on it. The orthotic dept have just ordered me a knee brace.

Take care and lots of ((hugs)) to you all.

CWxx
  • jeferey
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks all. Going to pick up death cert. tomorrow and then registry office Tuesday. Funeral not going to happen until week after next earliest.
    We're all doing OK in the circumstances....
    Take care.
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,307 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad to hear you are coping Jeferey & dealing with what has to be done. Hard painful time when your parent dies & worse when it happens unexpectedly. It seems a long time before you can have the funeral.

CW I never had to wear a brace on my knee. It was an offer I could have taken if I had decided not to go for surgery.

We went to the Civic Service in our Parish church this morning. The service obviously also included reference to The Queen and there was a specially made birthday cake so I can say I had a piece of the Queen's birthday cake!!

Enjoy your family time - we never know what tomorrow will bring.
  • CouponWoman
    Options

It does a seem long time till you can have the funeral Jeferey, but I know it happens sometimes as we had to delay my brothers funeral a few years ago to allow family members to attend. Stay strong.

red - I can;t have the operation on my knee due to my ongoing health problems. I have to go to hospital on Friday to be fitted for the brace. Very lucky for me as they sent me an appt letter for Friday at 8.20. I already had a physio appt booked for 9 oclock so I can go from one to the other. They are in the same place so it does make things easier.

kerri - hope your ok.

CWxx
  • jeferey
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all. First day back at work today. Staying with my mum tonight, my sister did last night.
    Got everything sorted, seen vicar, etc.
    Thanks for your thoughts..
    Take care.
  • CouponWoman
    Options
    Afternoon red, kerri and Jeferey

Think life has got in the way for us all recently.

Jeferey - hope all goes well at the funeral and your mum is ok. Such a sad time for you all atm. ((hugs))

red - hope your knee continues to recover and you soon get back to normal.

kerri - are you all unpacked and sorted in your new house now.

and me. I was given a knee brace by the orthotic dept. It was fitted and I stood up and as its like a stretchy material with strong plastic side hinged pieces its a bit bulky. I stood up bent my knee and the brace slithered down my leg. Got to keep persevering with it to see how best to wear it without it ending up around my ankle and if I cannot cope got to have a bigger brace which will turn me into bionic woman.

Take care guys

CWxx
  • CouponWoman
    Options

Well the sun is shining so looks like another good drying day. Got 2 loads of washing dried yesterday so will try and do some more today.

Hope everyone is well.

CWxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family