We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Love the one of the church tower Dave; even more than the rural scene.

Stunning.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    RAS wrote: »
    Love the one of the church tower Dave; even more than the rural scene.

Stunning.

It was just one of those "Oh, look at that!" moments. I was doing the washing up after dinner and noticed the sky, so I just nipped out the front door in my slippers, walked down to the gateway, set the camera to the sunset program and that was it. :) Point n' shoot cameras are getting very good these days!

We can't see the church from the house, or most of the town. The lady with horses next door has a beech hedge around her manege, which blocks some of the view. We don't mind though, because it also blocks some of the wind. :D
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Can I have a rant?

Was out at lunch-time at the flea-market (can be a good place for cheap old storage jars).

There is also a plant stall which can be iffy (occasionally succumb to the odd tray of bedding plants but nowt else).

Just seen nearly the worst fruit trees on sale ever (barring only the dead sticks in the cheap shops).

Pear, apple, plum. Green at least until you look more closely. Two nice 50 cm growths on either side, from the root stock. Some had other growths higher up from the rootstock. Some had actually got scion wood growing above the graft - maybe 10cms at most.

I tried to explain to the woman running the stall and she said "Oh good, that's nice". Explained it was not nice as the grafts would fail, "but that is how we buy them!"

She has not got a clue what she is selling and plainly they do not know what they are buying
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    RAS wrote: »
    Can I have a rant?

Was out at lunch-time at the flea-market (can be a good place for cheap old storage jars).

There is also a plant stall which can be iffy (occasionally succumb to the odd tray of bedding plants but nowt else).

Just seen nearly the worst fruit trees on sale ever (barring only the dead sticks in the cheap shops).

Pear, apple, plum. Green at least until you look more closely. Two nice 50 cm growths on either side, from the root stock. Some had other growths higher up from the rootstock. Some had actually got scion wood growing above the graft - maybe 10cms at most.

I tried to explain to the woman running the stall and she said "Oh good, that's nice". Explained it was not nice as the grafts would fail, "but that is how we buy them!"

She has not got a clue what she is selling and plainly they do not know what they are buying

RAS, regrettably where sellers are clueless or mendacious it's buyer beware. As an online seller, I strongly believe that its necessary to provide an accurate condition description and not mislead buyers either through lack of knowledge or by deception. But I'm often amazed at how some sellers stretch the truth to get a sale
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    RAS, regrettably where sellers are clueless or mendacious it's buyer beware. As an online seller, I strongly believe that its necessary to provide an accurate condition description and not mislead buyers either through lack of knowledge or by deception. But I'm often amazed at how some sellers stretch the truth to get a sale

:rotfl::rotfl: if im not sure...i write the worse scenario, say im thick, know no more and hope for the best ....seems to work for me :D

someone else has thier eye on the african furniture...:eek: gotta play it cool and offer the best deal..... and hope :o

my job today involved feeding mutts into a travelling dog groomers van :rotfl: then a stray turned up [delivered by someone who knew where id be..:cool: ] lovely old staffy. so got on the phone to various bods [declined the dog wardens interest :mad: ] and found its owner so returned happily.
    BUT the dog groomer had this amazing dog himself. it was like a standard poodle but black and white , like rubies markings...never seen one before. it was clipped short and stunning. bimble wanted to play so he let it out and bimble decided to "show it the pond ".........:eek: oooops !
    he had to shampoo his own dog before he left !!!
    i cracked up laughing which im sure didnt help as it bounded in and out collecting weed as it travelled.....:D

apart from that a quiet day really....;)
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm7Z2j2GVDnrm6RGLDix8dgBl88mNikEnkgn6WQXdTg5a679y3mw like this
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    So what are you going to do for the next 5-10 years until the weather improves? Grow rice? :rotfl:
    The UK's recent run of damp summers could be down to a cyclical warming of the Atlantic Ocean.

That was the view of scientists and meteorologists who gathered at the Met Office to discuss the unusual weather patterns of recent years.

They said that this 10 to 20 year pattern of Atlantic warming was shifting the jet stream, leading to washouts in six of the last seven summers.

But they suggested that the pattern would change at some point in the next decade.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22959578
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    So what are you going to do for the next 5-10 years until the weather improves? Grow rice? :rotfl:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22959578

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Basically they haven't got a clue.
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    morning all:j:j

Alfie, lol... thats our Bimble:rotfl::rotfl:

Its a year soon that our Rocky died. its gone quick.. I still get those moments when I walk in and expect him to be bouncing around at the front door.

Warm and very close last night, nice day today, but they have forcasted rain in the next day or so.

Got a young lad, putting stuff on the bay for me, so fingers crossed it will work out.

Right off to get ready for work:o, do you think if I buy a ticket for the Euromillions I will win the jackpot of 181 million????

wonder what the daily interest would be on that, even with today's naff interest rates,
    Work to live= not live to work
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Hugs Ctc. Big hugs.

We have the kitchen painted. Need to put it back together now

25bd2bc7f52b84069da63bded1b173b4.jpg

Colours never really come out on screens!

Garden looking better than it did a few weeks ago. Bind weed is a bit of a terror though. Hopefully get some weeding in this weekend, before it all chokes!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure