Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs - Page 10

New Post Advanced Search

Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs

edited 16 June 2013 at 6:15AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
9.4K replies 366.3K views

Replies

• rhiwfieldrhiwfield Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Looked at Kaufman fabric and can see the attraction!
  • COOLTRIKERCHICKCOOLTRIKERCHICK Forumite
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW I like the jungle boogie one...

LIR it looks fab:beer::beer:

Its sooo warm/close it feels as though there is no air..

My chickens and turkey are being total monkeys... and are gettting out and just grazing on the verge... there were some funny looks with peeps driving to the supermarket seeing a turkey at the side of the road:D:rotfl: I think in honour of mable who is the guru of getting out and giving people a suprise, I think I will name the turkey Mable

Had my courgette plants today, as they were delivered to work I havent opened the parcel, so going to open and plant up...

now that I have had my cuppa:D
    Work to live= not live to work
  • ItismehonestItismehonest Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Ideal, if budget were no option, would be crewel work, on a neutral grey/grey beige of monkeys and fruits and strange exotic animals. This would be seriously pricey. So I am looking for a print of something similar. There are plenty quite cheaply in America! :D. The problem is there are two big doors/windows opposite each other, and I have to be careful with fabric not to 'bring the room in' by using a strong colour or something that comes forward too much.

Exotic, old fashioned monkeys in clothes in drab colours looking faded from bright. Every one should stock it:rotfl:

:D

:o Yes, I remember now. We did discuss the crewel work before.

Have you or DH got any friends living in the US? They could order it & ship it over to you.
  • lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
    55.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    :D

:o Yes, I remember now. We did discuss the crewel work before.

Have you or DH got any friends living in the US? They could order it & ship it over to you.

Yes, quite close family. We haven't ruled it out, but then it becomes a huge drama. 'Why are they making curtains? And then the feminist lobby wade in and demand to know how it is that dh feels its his right to have a fat little hausfrau barefoot in the kitchen and not even do g that properly ( one of the other siblings just had a baby and it was pointed out to dh at least one of siblings has married a healthy, child producing woman working in academia :rotfl:)

All in all, I'd rather avoid the fuss but I'm a masochist and I do love monkeys in clothes so who knows how long it will take me to cave!

Are you swelling in the heat itsme? I nipped to the shops and my feet felt full of fluid and its up above my knees now!
  • edited 19 June 2013 at 9:00PM
    ItismehonestItismehonest Forumite
    4.4K posts
    edited 19 June 2013 at 9:00PM
    Yes, quite close family. We haven't ruled it out, but then it becomes a huge drama. 'Why are they making curtains? And then the feminist lobby wade in and demand to know how it is that dh feels its his right to have a fat little hausfrau barefoot in the kitchen and not even do g that properly ( one of the other siblings just had a baby and it was pointed out to dh at least one of siblings has married a healthy, child producing woman working in academia :rotfl:)

All in all, I'd rather avoid the fuss but I'm a masochist and I do love monkeys in clothes so who knows how long it will take me to cave!

Are you swelling in the heat itsme? I nipped to the shops and my feet felt full of fluid and its up above my knees now!

Families, eh? We can't choose them.

No, the sun is good for me. It helps my skin & also allows me to wear lighter clothing so there's less to rub & cause the swelling :cool:

You need to get your feet above your hips. Sit with them up &, if possible sleep with your feet higher (eg on a pillow).
    If it's the heat causing it they may well go down by morning.

Oh & a nice foot soak (cool to luke warm) might be enjoyable :)
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    33.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news on the kitchen and selling fronts, lir and rhiwie. :beer:

Still nothing to report here, other than we shall probably get some pullets and fertile eggs in the next week or so.

Looks like we shall harvest our first courgette today too... then watch them being blown out of the ground at the weekend! :rotfl:
    Patron to The Warning
    Join the dots.
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what a difference a day makes.. rain.. no thunder etc, but it is still very close

planted up my courgette plants, there was 4 instead of 3, quite small, but hopefully they will catch up quickly, but to be honest the buyer must have lost out, sold for 99p and £3 p&p, which was the eaxact amount of postage, and we all know what ebay and paypal fees are like..they were also in the proper plastic box for plants..

looked at the seed sowing guide, and I can still sow my runner beans, forgot to look to see if I can still plant peas.
    55.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Cycles, I can guarantee rain today.....I'm going to the hairdressers. He likes to straighten my hair to work with it ( its a feat in its self straight ing my hair) and so it will rain to turn my sleek do into frizz and fuzz. ;)
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cycles, I can guarantee rain today.....I'm going to the hairdressers. He likes to straighten my hair to work with it ( its a feat in its self straight ing my hair) and so it will rain to turn my sleek do into frizz and fuzz. ;)

oooo noooo does it rain practically every time you go to the hairdressers???
    55.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    oooo noooo does it rain practically every time you go to the hairdressers???

Yes.

Luckily I usually go very rarely a,

However, I have found a good one am and courting a long term relationship with him, so am trying to go more regularly. He cut too much off last time but I'm thinking of actually getting some shape cut in to it in the future if things go well. It's extremely difficult to cut my hair as the 'spring' factor in the curl means that a cut can completely change shape. An inch cut off can actually make a curl say, four or five inches shorter as the change in weight means it curls up tighter, and doesn't curl evenly over a whole head:D. Add to that it curls differently each time its washed......it takes a hair dresser a long time to get to know each curly head.

I should have told those at the emergency met office meeting that some of the blame was mine. Infact, some more is mine.....it also rains when ever the builders come here. Double whammy today. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support