PS4 Vs XBox One

Options

Comments

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lucero wrote: »
    Such poor misunderstanding in this thread, it makes me sad.

xBox One, lets look at the facts:

Price: Yes, more expensive, but, add the camera to the PS4 and the network card, the PS4 price is similar. Don't want a camera so won't buy one, so won't have to pay for one.

DRM: No biggy. Is for me. I don't have kids, I do or share games. I do. Within 3 years, all content will be downloadable (no discs) doubt it, even now if a game is downloadable, I like a physical copy that is mine to keep and do what I like with, like taking it around a friends or trading it in or using as a coaster when I am bored with it, and will practically unshareable anyway. Remember, Sony have only said that 1st party DRM will not be implemented, but all 3rd parties can implement DRM. I suspect the likes of EA and UBISoft will make massive use of this to protect their games. Which is why I don't like EA and UBISoft and avoid their products if possible.

Internet: Yes, I have the internet. The fact my xbox 1 will require it is of no consequence. If my internet goes down, the console will still work and play games for that handshake period (it's a once every 24 hour handshake). What if your internet is down for longer than that, or you move home and have no internet for a week or two? Just seems totally unnecessary

Cloud Computing: This is the big MS winner. PS can't possibly compete here, why not? and to offload proportions of the processing to the cloud is revolutionary. We'll see, can't quite see how this will work in practice.

Online experience: PSN sucks, and now you have to pay £50 for the experience, what, like you do now on Xbox? it's a massive kick in the nuts. The MP network will never match the XB Live experience. I'm actually glad all the dross gamers / hackers and cheaters will be on PSN, again.

Camera / Kinnect: It's not a separate part of the unit, it's built in, in theory. The camera is not just for game, but offers a whole new way to control the device and its peripherals and those devices connected to it through the home network. Don't want it? Turn it off (in settings) or cover it up. But still have to pay for it.

Pre-Ordering: Good luck getting a PS4 on launch. Only idiots and fanboys worry about getting anything like this on launch day, and do you think Xbox 1 will be any easier to get, (although the way it's going no one wants one anyway so there should be plenty of stock).

Controller: The PS controller sucks, and always has done. It's not ergonomic, and the two images above are nothing like an xBox controller.....The thumb placement is completely wrong Never had a problem with it, there are better controllers but then, there are worse.

Just my personal response, don't know if I am entirely accurate in my facts, I am not that interested at the moment, but, that is the point, with the little bit of knowledge I have, that is my opinion and MS have done nothing to dispel my misgivings about their console.

First impressions count and last.
  • RichardD1970
    edited 16 June 2013 at 8:27PM
    Options

Reported as spam, but I don't have a spam button on this thread, anyone know why?
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 June 2013 at 11:30AM
    Options
    Microsoft haven't done themselves any favours with their marketing so far. The fact that numerous people have said that they won't be able to share games with their friends shows that. They have said that you will have a list of 10 friends/family with whom you entire game collection is shared (and theirs shared with you and the other 9) and you will be able to play these. Basically you have access to every game they own and them likewise to you.

If this new features for sharing games with 10 friends on the xbox work as they have described then it will blow the PS4 out the water.

The online checks don't bother me in the slightest as my internet connection is very stable. You can turn off the Kinect completely if you wish too, but again Microsoft hasn't stressed this point enough.

I think there is a lot of hysteria about it spying on you and checking up, however I'd imagine most people are currently "always on" with either xbox 360 or PS3 so it's not really an issue for the majority.

The PS4 is just like an upgraded PS3 - the xbox one is much more of a shift. If the features all work as reported on the xbox, then it will be a huge step closer to Steam on the console.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license --- game sharing

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/privacy --- kinect
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Idiophreak wrote: »

1) I have a lot of doubt about whether Sony will actually deliver the PS4 at anything like the same time MS release the One.
    2) I think the xbox *looks* better.
    theres no evidence either way whether sony or microsoft will deliver on time or not. you think the xbox looks better? well i disagree with that. it doesnt look bad but it is still one of the worst looking consoles ever. of course what a console looks like is one of the least important issues.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Got a 360 at the moment too. Not really worked out what I'm doing when it comes to a new console purchase yet. I don't tend to buy them as soon as they are released so I'll probably wait 6 months or so until all the hubub has died down and there are some proper user reviews and forum chat for me to look at to help me make my mind up!

Not too keen at all on some of the possible gaming restrictions that sounds like they're going to be implemented with the Xbox One but I will keep an open mind for now!
    i find its always best to wait at least 12 months to see how well they are doing and whether there is any technical faults with either console. i usually wait for a price drop as well.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rumour has it the PS4 will offer Open Source, which will be a huge leap for game developers and programmers. This alone will wipe the socks off the Xbox.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    M$ might allow you to share your games with 9 friends, but you cannot sell-on the game when you are bored with it or have finished the game. This alone, will be their undoing.

People are moaning about having the konnect always on, but these same people will probably buy one of the new breed of smart TVs with cameras that track their hand movements & can even use face recognition to allow for customized homescreens.

The idea of downloadable only content would be bad. What happens if your HD fails ?. You could potentially lose £1,000's of games without recourse.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Reported as spam, but I don't have a spam button on this thread, anyone know why?

yet you quote it so giving it more attention :rotfl:
  • sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 June 2013 at 7:44PM
    Options
    i find its always best to wait at least 12 months to see how well they are doing and whether there is any technical faults with either console. i usually wait for a price drop as well.

Same here too, but this time I'm thinking the PS4 at £349 would not be dropping price anytime soon?
  • RichardD1970
    edited 16 June 2013 at 8:45PM
    Options
    sniggings wrote: »
    yet you quote it so giving it more attention :rotfl:

Well now it has been deleted I can edit my post. :p

I only quoted it to give context to my question about the :spam: button, any ideas about why it isn't on this forum but is on the others?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure