We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

August 2013 Grocery Challenge

1…7374767879…97

Comments

  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,822 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Thats why i always walk to the shops now. He with not go anywhere without his car.
    Unfortunately I can't do that - shops are about 8 miles away!!! I usually do shopping during the week while he's at work but I needed some mushrooms for Sunday breakfast - turned out to be very expensive mushrooms, LOL.

    Denise
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 August 2013 at 11:18AM
    Just popping on quickly to say happy birthday to meg - hope you had a fantastic day! Thanks for your wishes. I've had a lovely weekend, a quiet lazy day today as a rather late night out with friends to celebrate last night ;) and so glad I took tomorrow off work! Will be back on then to update spends & recipe index :)

    Thank you, I had a really lovely time had a good mooch round the carboot, got two lovely wedgewood dishes for 40p, 6 scarves for 1.00, Not for wearing, I was after some fabric to make curtains for my dolls house, a necklace of big black beads, 20p for my DD, she is making cake stands out of old records and a thingy for cutting crinkly chips 10p. So for a total of 1.70 I had a great time.

    My DD treated me to a Chinese all you can eat lunch, oh my it was delish, I had King Prawns, chicken, beef ribs and Pork with rice and noodes, then I had 3 desserts strawberrys in chocolate, cream profiteroles and some amazing banana fritters, they were coated in a very crisp toffee. I think I ate enough to last me the week :rotfl::rotfl:

    Am off this morning to take a donation to the food bank and to enquire about voluntary work with them.
    Slimming World at target
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Haven't been noting down my spends so just going to add £40. Just under 2 weeks to go With the littles at home!
  • wee top up shop at M's today for bread/milk and some pack lunch things so spent another £23.67
    DEBT
    31/12/2018 = £21,740.10 - 31/12/2019 = £18,581.29 (14.53% PD)
    31/01/2020 - £18,685.22 (14.05% PD)
  • gayleygoo
    gayleygoo Posts: 816 Forumite
    Unfortunately not an NSD today, gotta buy milk and chocolate later! I have used up leftover sausages and made pastry to make a sausage lattice pie for tea and scrapped clean a jar of marmalade to make a cake for a friend's BBQ later.

    One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

    April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    xx_Jo_xx wrote: »
    I'm tempted to give up on dieting though.

    I gave up dieting on 19th December last year. I decided i'd never count calories again, but just eat sensibly and weigh myself every 6 months instead.
    I went 7 months without weighing, calorie counting, fretting about dieting, and when i did weigh, i had lost exactly a stone :)
    Giving up the dieting mentality is the best thing i have ever done!

    i just eat reasonably healthy, but always allow myself treats. I try to eat intuitively now and it works well!
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    £46.40 spent in Morrisons today but £12.75 was spent in the nutmeg sale for my son's 2-3 wardrobe which I don't include in my budget. I got 3 t-shirts, 2 bibs (he still dribbles a lot, I buy specially made bibs which use bamboo and fleece but these are great for the house), 1 pair chinos and 1 hooded jacket for him to wear now so not bad for the price.

    £33.65 spent on nappies, wipes, cheese, minced beef, baking potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, fruit, toilet paper etc.

    Up to £115.74/£250 now. Bit worrying as I still have almost 3 weeks to go until the next payday. £134.26 left to spend.
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 19 August 2013 at 10:01PM
    Small spend on eggs from Mr M to make carbonara but ended up not needing them after all.
    Will add to sig.
    GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
    (20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £63.54/100 BB £29.85/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
    One person vegan household, with occasional visitors

    https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link

    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Spent £8.40 on MAIN shop in Mr T :D
    October Grocery Challenge: £20.65/£150
    September Grocery Challenge: I lost track :o/£200
    August Grocery Challenge: £92.11/£100 :)
  • Florenceem wrote: »
    Will need to buy - toilet rolls, panti liners, cotton wool + milk + fruit this week. I want to keep spends as low as possible. Left over cash can go towards the £170 I paid out on decorating supplies this week.
    We had HM BPITH + roast potatoes + roasted beetroot, red onion, white onion, green pepper, tomato for dinner.
    Black Pudding in the Hole was delicious - enough left for 2 day's dinners. Cost to make - 90p for 6 portions.
    BPITH_zps71a86caf.jpg
    Sundaysdinner_zps0647da08.jpg

    I dont like b pudding but he does i will so give it a try thank Y ou
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

    God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.