The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)

Options

Comments

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Hi aliwali, thanks for popping by :) I'm glad you've enjoyed my ramblings, I'm not sure how useful they are to anyone but it seems to keep me on the right track :D

LGP thanks for your offer of the CPP letter, it's actually the pre paid envelope that's gone missing and in Martins advice it says to use the correct envelope so hopefully that will come this week and we can get the form sent off. :T

Sweeties are in the way RT :D I actually had some liquorice allsorts last night, yummy. The shift was good but it was so hot! Looking forward to getting paid so I can make my final OP of the month :T

Yesterday turned out to be quite eventful, dh and I had just popped into town to get the BBQ stuff when we got a flat tyre on the way home, we had about 20 mins until I had to get to work and dh was supposed to be going to the BBQ. I had to phone my friend to rescue me and dh had to wait for the RAC to come and rescue him, we ended up having to get 4 new tyres! Yikes, luckily it is budgeted for. I'm just thankful it happened close to home and not when we were travelling at speed down to Cornwall on Friday! Dh finally arrived at the BBQ about 2 1/2 hours late when most of the food had gone :( he had a good time though despite having cold food to eat :D

Today has been a productive day, the porch is all painted outside and looks lovely, it looks a little bit like a beach hut as it's a similar shape and we have gone for pastel colours. I also managed to do some weeding in the front garden and made a stone edge to my flower bed using the Cotswold stone that our old fire place was made of :money: I still have loads left too. There is still a lot to do in the front garden but I've made a start and it looks a lot better already :T

Dh and I are just watching 'The men who made us spend' on catch up. It makes me so cross the way people are manipulated into spending all the time :mad: it's a very interesting programme though, dh just said it makes him feel a bit dim that we get manipulated into buying stuff. I said we're not as dim as some with our frugal ways...it could be a lot worse :rotfl:

NSD today...yay! I need to go shopping tomorrow, I've had some vouchers through the door for Morissons so I will try there for a change.

I forgot to mention the other day that we have another camping holiday booked for the end of the summer holidays, so that's my camping fund wiped out. At least I managed to put some towards it by decluttering :T

Crumpets x
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Blimey Crumpets are you living my life - first a blown tyre (can't recall if I put that in my diary, happened a week or two ago), then challenging [ahem ;)] school hols & now Cornwall?! I'll be there on Fri too! Hope you have a brill time & the weather holds for us all xx
    Life is changing...but I'm still Money Saving!
  • Crumpets
    Options
    I'm not stalking you! Honest :D we're going to Bude for a festival, excited! :T
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    We're further down, near Port Isaac. We'll give you a wave :j

Have a brill time, safe journey :beer:
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Just made my final op of the month of £56 :T

Off shopping now

C x
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Well done Crumpets :T

[STRIKE]I am on holiday & am not really here, honest[/STRIKE] :rotfl:
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just caught up on your diary - have a fab time at the festival! :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Hi Greent thanks for stopping by, I hope things are good with you?

I've been tired today as dh and I had a late night last night...we weren't out on the town, oh no. We were up til midnight going through our finances :rotfl: we know how to live :D we now have a shiny new budget to stick to and hopefully a simpler system for logging it all. We now also have a camper van fund :T it's only a small amount that we will be saving each month at the moment, and we're certainly not going to rush into buying one but I'm glad that we have that goal in sight. I think it will enhance our lives as a family so we'll see what happens. :p

It's been a NSD today, I have just been doing jobs around the house, and I've been up in the loft to sort out the last of the baby stuff to sell. The baby monitor and travel cot are now on flea bay and I put the stair gates on FB, literally 3 minutes after I put them on someone was interested in them :T they will be collected on Monday so that's £20 in the August OP pot :D I thought I'd run out of decent stuff to sell, it's amazing what you can find in the loft :D

I had a nice peaceful afternoon after I'd done my jobs as dh took the kids to the park, I plied them with buckets and spades, bread for the ducks and some snacks and drinks and they had a great time, all for free too :T

Tomorrow dd1 is back so the peace and quiet will be no more :rotfl: I have a friend coming round in the afternoon so we can plan our festival trip so it should be another cheap day. I am having my eyebrows waxed in the morning but that's budgeted for.

Chicken kebabs for dinner and perhaps a movie with Mr C as it's our last night with out dd1

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Options
    I got dd1 back today so chaos has resumed in crumpet cottage :D it's lovely to have her back though, I had to collect her from the train station so we stopped at McD's for lunch on the way back. 3 happy meals and a coffee was under £10 so I was quite happy with that.

We have had a new school uniform trying on session this evening and both girls looked extremely smart, whilst the uniform was all out I decided I may as well do all the labelling, so that is now done as well as sewing the badge on dd1's blazer :T I feel really pleased that it's out of the way now :T

I just had to pay for dd2 and Ds gymnastic sessions - £108 :eek: it includes membership to all kinds of organisations though that are only payable once a year. It's a good job they enjoy it.

Tomorrow I shall be getting ready for our trip, I'm getting really excited about it now, even if the forecast is heavy rain. I need to get some food and drinks for us to take tomorrow and also we will need to take cash for the weekend, I'm not sure what the budget should be for that.

Ooh just remembered that my new bench arrived today and it is perfect :j

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Hello :j I'm still feeling extremely tired after a fantastic weekend at the festival, it was a bit rainy but that didn't stop us having fun, the kids loved it and were really good despite the late nights and noise. We're definitely going to go back next year :T We spent quite a lot, but that was to be expected, the money for that will come out of the holiday fund.

It started off as quite a lazy day today as we were all so tired, but eventually some jobs needed to be done. A few weeks ago I mentioned that my dads friend had come to look at our windows and give us a quote, well the quote has come in at £460 - £1500 cheaper than the nationwide company :eek::T I couldn't believe it, he is starting work tomorrow :D we have had to trim the hedge in the front garden so he has space to work and dh took the opportunity to trim some of the trees :eek: hopefully we'll have windows that open soon as well as being better insulated for the winter :T

I ordered dd1 a Christmas present today, some Monster high roller boots for £19.99, they were 60% off :T I just hope she likes them by the time Christmas comes round:rotfl: at the weekend she had a go at a roller disco and loved it, so I'm hopefully on to a winner. :)

I hate to say it but there has been an autumnal feel to the air today, maybe it's because i've had a bonfire this evening. I hope autumn doesn't come round too soon though, as much as I love it. I need to get more use out of our paddling pool :rotfl:

The lady who is buying my stair gates forgot to come and collect them today so I will have to wait a few days to op the money. I have also had a good sale on the bay of e, I sold my baby monitor for £39, that was with it being slightly damaged too :T I did explain all the faults so I hope the person who won it read the description properly.

Today I've discovered a small holding just down the road that does organic fruit and veg boxes so I'm going to give that a try. Although we don't eat much processed food I really want to improve the quality of the food we eat. I'm going to start off with that and then look into ordering organic meat boxes...I think it will have to be quality not quantity for us.

I'll hopefully be feeling more energetic tomorrow so will have a more productive day

Crumpets x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills