The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)

Options

Comments

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Grr, I just had a message from the baby monitor winner and apparently they bid in the wrong item :mad: I'll have to offer it as a second chance :mad:
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rage! Hope it doesn't mean getting too much less for it, so annoying when buyers let you down :mad:
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Crumpets wrote: »
    Grr, I just had a message from the baby monitor winner and apparently they bid in the wrong item :mad: I'll have to offer it as a second chance :mad:

How annoying!:mad:

Bad buyers seem to get away with it with no penalty, but a seller is heavily penalised for even the most minor accidental slip up
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Thanks for the sympathy and the angry faces re ebay. We have offered it to the next highest bidder which was only £1 less but they haven't accepted it yet so fingers crossed they will.

It's been a much more productive day today, despite the house being in chaos I feel like I've done a lot. The window man came and started work today and we now have windows that open and close :T what a novelty :D He won't be back for a few weeks now as he needs to make some new frames for us but at least work has started. After reading Beckyy's thread I decided to get my soup maker out and made courgette and potato soup which was yummy. Unfortunately my soup maker has decided to stop blitzing so that is another job to add to the list of things to be repaired.

This afternoon I went shopping armed with a not very long list, I went to Morrisons as I had a voucher and I was absolutely shocked to get to the checkout and discover that I had spent over £70 :eek: I couldn't even use my voucher as it had expired:mad: So I've made a drastic decision and I've set dh and myself a tough challenge. I've decided that we are not going to shop in a supermarket for at least 12 months. After doing a bit of googling it seems that several people have taken up this challenge and succeeded so I'm hopeful we will too :p we're lucky that we live in an area with indi shops, markets, farm shops and wholesalers nearby. I have no idea if this is going to help our MFW journey or not but I feel really strongly about this.

Dh has finally filled in the CPP form and it has been sent off, fingers crossed we get something out of it. :cool: I'm feeling like a proud mummy today and I feel the need to share that ds has used the potty twice today without prompting. :T could this be the beginning of the end of nappies in the Crumpet household? :D now obviously this is wear my no supermarket rule is going to be tough as I'd normally nip down to Mr T to get things like pants but I will actually have to find a clothes shop to get them :eek:

Crumpets x
  • giblet1979
    giblet1979 Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooh... no supermarket challenge - that sounds very, well, challenging :) x
    Debt remaining: :(
    Mortgage - £117,759 (£134,600, Nov 2013)

Work overpayment and home improvement loan paid back (£19200) :beer:

• Crumpets
    Options
    Hi giblet, it certainly will be a challenge, but having spoken to Mr C about it we're really confident about doing it. We're going to write a blog about it so once that is up and running I'll share :D

Yesterday and today I've been really poorly :( I think I ate something dodgy yesterday and I've been good for nothing. Dh had to have the day off work to look after the children. I was due to take them out today so it was a real shame they didn't get to go. I will take them somewhere else tomorrow.

Before I got poorly yesterday we took dd2 into town to get her first pair of school shoes, she chose some lovely patent t-bar shoes. She
    looks so smart in them and she's a very proud little girl :) they were £34 she has plenty of growing room in them so I'm hoping they'll last a while. That's her done now, just dd1's shoes, trainers and gym bag to get. I dread to think how much I've spent, once I've got it all I'll add it up :eek:

We had our first fruit and veg boxes delivered yesterday and the produce in them is great and a good selection. I hope it lasts the week as they weren't cheap :eek: we have a few things that we wouldn't normally buy (beet root recipes anyone?) so I may have to re jig the meal planner or prepare and freeze some things. I also have lots of damsons, rhubarb and blackberrys to pick in the garden so I'll probably make some pies and crumbles for the freezer. I'll be well stocked up for winter this year :T

I'm going to watch GBBO tonight. I missed it last night, I hope they haven't changed it too much as they're showing it on BBC1 :cool:

Crumpets x
  • littlegreenpeas
    Options
    How about veg soup for the beetroot it makes it a lovely colour x also tasty
    Mortgage value was £135,000 now £43,218
    TCB total £1200
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

That's quite a big challenge, to avoid supermarkets all together, so it'll be interesting to see how you get on.

I'm not sure I could do it, but I hope to make a improvement next year by using our local farm shop more
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Hi Crumpets, glad the festival was good. I waved as we went past your location :j :rotfl:

Windows sound good :money:. I wish you all the best with the no supermarket challenge - I'd be really interested in your blog & updates on that.

I got DS' school shoes too, they have red & green flashing lights & aeroplanes on them! £38 this time, some of the others they brought out for us to see were £42+ :eek: Good luck with the potty training too!

Hope you're feeling better now?
    Life is changing...but I'm still Money Saving!
  • Crumpets
    Options
    How about veg soup for the beetroot it makes it a lovely colour x also tasty

I'm sure beetroot soup tastes lovely but I have a bit of a 'thing' about pink food :rotfl: I may give it ago though, and maybe not look at whilst I'm eating :rotfl: I'm going to make a chocolate beetroot cake today..yum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family