The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)

Options

Comments

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Last day of school today :T only 6 weeks to entertain 3 children on a budget :eek: I'm looking forward to chilling out and not rushing around in the mornings. It was a very emotional day today as both dd's have left their respective schools, there were plenty of tears (me:o) at the leaving assembly this morning, but it's exciting that new chapters are starting in September. Dinner tonight was a picnic in the park after school, which was lovely and meant no cooking for me, I am starting to get a bit peckish now though :p

MFW news - I have another £80 to pay to the mortgage :T it is interest that has been sitting in an old isa not doing very much. I should almost be at my target of getting under £112k :T other than that there isn't much else to report for today...I've been slightly hungover :cool: so will be back on form tomorrow :D

Crumpets x
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Oh Crumpets I feel your pain re: the awful day with DS/DD & the leaving assemblies! I also did this :rotfl: at your Mount Everest filing pile - I have one of those, it's in a washing crate ATM gathering dust :D. The porch will be worth every penny I promise - mine was such a good investment.

Photos at Marazion is well romantic! We got Civilly Partnered at The Savoy - cos it was the cheapest place I could find in central London :D. I've spent a lot of time in Penzance, it's one of my most fave places. You must read/watch The Camomile Lawn if you haven't already :)

Hols are underway here too, trying to devise plans to entertain the kids, how about we share any cracking ones that we come up with?!
    Life is changing...but I'm still Money Saving!
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Oh Crumpets I feel your pain re: the awful day with DS/DD & the leaving assemblies! I also did this :rotfl: at your Mount Everest filing pile - I have one of those, it's in a washing crate ATM gathering dust :D. The porch will be worth every penny I promise - mine was such a good investment.

Photos at Marazion is well romantic! We got Civilly Partnered at The Savoy - cos it was the cheapest place I could find in central London :D. I've spent a lot of time in Penzance, it's one of my most fave places. You must read/watch The Camomile Lawn if you haven't already :)

Hols are underway here too, trying to devise plans to entertain the kids, how about we share any cracking ones that we come up with?!

Wow! The savoy, that sounds lovely and very powshe :D was it really the cheapest place? :eek: London prices for everything are crazy, saying that, I do love a visit to London every now and then.

Good idea re sharing holiday ideas...I'll let you know when I think of any...we're having a total chill out day today. The weather is so miserable we won't be going far.

Dh is going to tile the porch floor today, we already have the tiles as we have enough left over from the kitchen floor we had in our old house. We've had them in storage for about 5 years but I knew they'd come in handy eventually :D I always feel really pleased with myself when we don't need to spend money :p

Tomorrow will be a bit of a spendy day as we have ordered a new tent:o it's a smaller pop up tent that will make it much easier to go camping for the weekend. Our other tent is so enormous and takes such a long time to put up, the new one should also mean we don't need to get a trailer/roof box. It's reduced by £50 though which is cheaper then ones we were watching on eBay :T

I'm only giving myself one task to do today and that is to tackle the filing pile. It was the only job on my list that I didn't do the other day, it will be done today!

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Yesterday ended up being quite a spendy day, I popped to the chemist, which happens to be by a Next and I noticed they had a sale on. So I spent about £50 on summer clothes for the girls for next year, I also got a couple of gifts and some house things. I will need to return a couple of items that I brought for myself that don't fit so I'll get about £15 back. Clothes are budgeted for though so I don't think I did too badly. I also popped into M&S food and I was lured into the 'buy 4 picnic foods and get free wine' so I treated dh and I to a nice picnic tea:p I had £3 on a gift card so spent about £10 on the food and wine, that will come out of our date night fund as we haven't been out for ages :D

I did a great rainy day activity at a friends house, it uses those little packaging bits (no idea what they're called!) anyway if you dip them in water they become sticky so we made some lovely sheep pictures and there was virtually no mess:T

Today I am in need of a list as I have loads to do after yesterday's chill out day.
    • Send dh and little ones to gymnastics
    • Tidy lounge
    • Wash bedding and hang on line
    • Empty and re load dishwasher
    • Dh to finish tiling floor
    • Vac and mop downstairs
    • Get dh to fill in CPP compensation form
    • Op £80
    • Watch any nectar adpoints
    • Get Dd1 to help
    • Go to mil's

But first it's time for breakfast

Crumpets x
  • littlegreenpeas
    Options
    Hola Crumpets

It only took about 2 weeks for the cpp money to come through and I used Martin's words with slight tweeks.:T

Love your picnic tea idea.

I am trying to avoid the next sale, I keep telling myself I need a new suit for work but really I don't.

Already bought stuff from the sales today and Friday . Knickers,pants and toys for a birthday next week needed. The three skirts not needed at all.:o

Lgp x
    Mortgage value was £135,000 now £43,218
    TCB total £1200
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Thanks for your advice about the CPP claim LGP, I'll get dh to do that this evening. Fingers crossed we get something:) buying stuff in the sales has got to be better than buying stuff when it's not in the sale...that's what I tell myself anyway;)

We're all rather worn out today as we decided to try out our new tent in mil's garden...not much sleep was had:eek: I have no idea how to get the kids to settle down in the tent :eek: I ended up sharing the double sleeping bag with dd1&2 and Dh had to share with Ds. It's going to be a disaster when we go to the festival!

Anyway as we had an unexpected night away I still have lots of jobs from my list to do today. I'm hoping to take the children to the library and I also need to go shopping but I think I will do that on my own later this evening.

Off to some jobs now

Crumpets x
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Hi Crumpets,

The Savoy was quite powshe :D I suppose but the staff were surprisingly down to earth & it was cheaper than most of my friends paid in the provinces. And it's a nice story to dine out on ;)

I've avoided the Next sale but more by luck than judgement! I don't seem to do too well there, never many bargs for me :(

I need to get on with OH's CPP claim too, not expecting anything as think we'd cancelled it before the timeframe now agreed but worth a try

Good idea for rainy day play, I'll remember that :beer:

Hope you all have a better night tonight & that last night was teething trouble only :)
  • Crumpets
    Options
    A spendy but fun day has been had today, I took the kids to soft play for the first and last time of the holidays. We went to one a couple of a towns away where the schools hadn't broken up yet so it wasn't too busy. It was £10 to get in then £20+ on lunch:eek: we then went to a friends for a play in a paddling pool and Ds was having such a great time I popped to Argos to but a new pool for home, I got one for £20 which was half price :D dd2 has a friend coming to play tomorrow so we will get good use out of it :)

In MS news I watched some adpoints and dh went shopping to @ldi, he spent £61 including £15 on camping pillows, he managed to completely ignore the list in the kitchen and buy lots of duplicates that we already had, but nothing that won't keep :rotfl:

Crumpets x
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    My OH went to Aldi yesterday too & failed to follow the list! She didn't do too bad though, not like the time I sent her to do a weeks shopping with no list & she came back with some bread flour (we didn't have a bread maker) & two mini gem lettuces because they looked sweet apparently - true story :rotfl:

Glad you enjoyed soft play. Might take DS there if the weather turns or he gets too much energy! I've wondered about a paddling pool but don't think we have an inch of space left in the garden!

Hope you have another good day :)
  • Crumpets
    Options
    My OH went to Aldi yesterday too & failed to follow the list! She didn't do too bad though, not like the time I sent her to do a weeks shopping with no list & she came back with some bread flour (we didn't have a bread maker) & two mini gem lettuces because they looked sweet apparently - true story :rotfl:

Glad you enjoyed soft play. Might take DS there if the weather turns or he gets too much energy! I've wondered about a paddling pool but don't think we have an inch of space left in the garden!

Hope you have another good day :)

:rotfl: sweet little gem lettuces, I suppose they do look quite sweet :D I had to take my half price paddling pool back to the shop this morning as it was 8ft:eek: far to big for my garden, I swapped it for a smaller one and got £3.50 back :T the kids have been having a great time playing in it all day, I definitely feel like I've had my money's worth already. The kids are now watching frozen [STRIKE]again[/STRIKE] :cool: they have been playing out all day though so I don't mind.

A lovely LSD today, only spent on eBay postage, I hopefully won't be spending anything tomorrow either. My mum is coming round so the kids can have another day playing in the garden. I remembered to renew my library book online this morning as I still haven't been to the library, I always forget and end up getting fined so I'm pleased with myself.

I'm going to start on the dinner soon but I'm desperately trying to keep Ds awake as he won't go to bed if he has a nap now...he's absolutely shattered though bless him. Dh is finally finishing off the porch floor :T I'm still waiting for my bench to arrive, it feels like ages ago that I ordered it. I hope it shows up soon.

Crumpets x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills