PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

OS Saturday 26th May '07

Options

Comments

• grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi again Aussie Lass

Well SisterIL and BrotherIL & family St Monans for about 30+ years until they moved to Anstruther a couple of years ago. I can exactly picture where you are. DH born in Methil and DMIL in Leven. By the way she was also life and sole of the party last weekend. She was a bit tipsy, telling a few questionable jokes and she will be 87 in September. Just hope I am till here until then. She is just fab.

When do you go back to Oz? DH going out to Cairns and a big 4 week birdwatch with an Australian pal next July.

Weather has turned a wee bit parky up here in the East of Scotland hasn't it?

Love

GB

PS Twink - you have Squish et al this weekend (did she take over the kitchen??) - you shouldn't be on line! Appreciate the thanks. Kyle - worried about you. Nothing worse than tooth pain.

Take care all.

GB xx
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Granny :DWe go back to Oz in about a month. Well you know this area well then. Great little spot. Beach not far away. Although too cold for me to swim.
    Had our honeymoon in Cairns. ;) A long time ago. :D July will be a great month to go over. Cairns is very hot in Summer.

Annie Love the new avatar. :drool:
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• anniebooklover
    anniebooklover Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    Options
    AussieLass wrote: »
    Annie Love the new avatar. :drool:

Aussie Glad you agree. I think he has that certain "je ne sais quoi" (sp?) about him. If you watch the West Wing, you will know what I mean. Critics have said that he steals every scene he is in and I have to agree with them. :drool: Patiently waiting for "Studio 60 on Sunset Strip" to come to the UK.

You have seen most of the UK on your travels Aussie, is there anywhere that sticks in your mind when you think of your travels so far? You have to admit that the scenery is quite stunning most of the time - though I'm sure Australia can measure up on that front too. Would love to take DS and DD to see the Great Barrier Reef and do the major cities too. Just need to win a million first! :rotfl:
    "Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    - Proverb
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aussie Glad you agree. I think he has that certain "je ne sais quoi" (sp?) about him. If you watch the West Wing, you will know what I mean. Critics have said that he steals every scene he is in and I have to agree with them. :drool: Patiently waiting for "Studio 60 on Sunset Strip" to come to the UK.

You have seen most of the UK on your travels Aussie, is there anywhere that sticks in your mind when you think of your travels so far? You have to admit that the scenery is quite stunning most of the time - though I'm sure Australia can measure up on that front too. Would love to take DS and DD to see the Great Barrier Reef and do the major cities too. Just need to win a million first! :rotfl:

It is all very beautiful but I suppose my favourite place of all so far has to be the Orkney Islands. I love the open spaces and rugged scenery. I suppose that's in my blood. That's a tough call really when I think of it. There has been so many places I have loved for different reasons but I suppose the Orkney's ticks all my boxes except for the winds. :D Brrrrrrrr

I have really enjoyed seeing the seasons. You probably take it for granted but we don't really have them. It's various shades of sunshine. :rolleyes: Well where I come from it is. All the different accents. :D Some lovely, some awful. :p
    I love Scotland. I find while England is nice, Scotland is stunning. Driving through Glencoe & we climbed the Tor. Brilliant. It's so hard to pick places. Around Oxford was also beautiful. I hope I answered your question.
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all
    My quick trip out to get some camping gear turned into a five hour expedition. I've come home with a new tent, a scary stove thing and two guppies for the fish tank - it was that sort of a day. Packed this evening only to find that I am a camping mat missing - have squished down a yoga mat and held it with bunjys (sp?) so that will have to do instead. We did get a bargain though - we both needed waterproof trousers and they were nearly 20quid each in millets but luckily not in our sizes so the nice millets lady suggested we try sportsworld where we picked up a pair each for under a fiver. Well must go to bed now as we have an early start in the am - have a great bank holiday weekend and will "see" you all on tuesday :)
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :D
    It is all very beautiful but I suppose my favourite place of all so far has to be the Orkney Islands. I love the open spaces and rugged scenery. I suppose that's in my blood. That's a tough call really when I think of it. There has been so many places I have loved for different reasons but I suppose the Orkney's ticks all my boxes except for the winds. :D Brrrrrrrr

I have really enjoyed seeing the seasons. You probably take it for granted but we don't really have them. It's various shades of sunshine. :rolleyes: Well where I come from it is. All the different accents. :D Some lovely, some awful. :p
    I love Scotland. I find while England is nice, Scotland is stunning. Driving through Glencoe & we climbed the Tor. Brilliant. It's so hard to pick places. Around Oxford was also beautiful. I hope I answered your question.

Ahem????....:D
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

AUSSIE, AHEM!!

Think you might have forgotten a not insignificant detail Aussie...
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Pink and Snowy!!! Guess Aussie is in BIG trouble now:D

Pink, was it you that used the light reflecting paint a little while ago? If it was did you think it worked? My stairwell is rather light restricted and we've been thinking of using it, but it's a bit pricy, so would like to know if it works before we lay out on several tins;)
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Pink and Snowy!!! Guess Aussie is in BIG trouble now:D

Oh she definitely is! We are expecting some serious grovelling!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Spotted this in DT room, thought would post here just incase, anyone buy Clover ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6694903.stm
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport