PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Saturday 26th May '07

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for today. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

:hello: Goooooood Morning Fellow OS'ers :D:D:D

Bit grey in the sky here this morning, but no footie training to worry about and the best bit .... it's Half Term!!! :j :j :j ... I love having the lads home :D

D11yo's room has turned out looking absolutely lovely and I was right about my "eye" - everything fitted perfectly and just how I had imagined it :D

Yesterday was all go, after a busy morning at college it was a quick race around to grab some bits and bobs, grab lads from school then over to see my friends J&A. It was J's birthday last weekend but she was away and yesterday was the first opportunity to get over to see her. She's was thrilled with the card making bits we'd bought her and her little stash is now growing nicely. She'll have fun 'playing' I'm sure. The lads loved the freedom of the woods and I certainly enjoyed catching up with them. "A" is off to Dover Castle over the weekend (he travels all over the place dressing up in historical military uniforms of varying kinds, predominantly made himself). Shame I didn't know before because we might have taken a trip out to see him. Never mind.

More pressing matters now are me getting another car and with no school or college this week I'll have more time to sort all that out.

When I was cleaning up the mess from the furniture-fittings, I ended up in the loft and rediscovered a wonderful little cookery book I'd bought for my daughter's 5th birthday. Such a cute little book and I've now passed it on to the boys to experiment with :D

Much of this week with be a mix of decluttering and outings with some homebaking thrown in for good measure (and necessity) - aside from Tuesday when d12yo becomes d13yo and we're going out for dinner that day ( :j )

Promised to go back over to A&J's later next week and take her for a drive out to some craft shops for an ogle and a stroke of any and all craft bits. Bit nervous about doing it though because I'm not used to pushing anyone in a wheelchair ... any tips gratefully received!!

Going to risk putting the washing out - not too concerned if it gets rained on (just so long as it's not a downpour! ).

Have a super moneysaving Saturday, ((hugs)) for those in need/want. :wave:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

hope you all have a good day.
    I'm up early cos DS has just gone off to his Saturday job, so am now making DH and me a drink. He is planning (weather permitting, although it looks nice at the moment) to finish off the patio. I have the Church magazine to finish, as it is due to be printed this afternoon....
    but he says if it's done in plenty of time, he'll take me out to lunch...
    so I may be doing some very fast typing this morning - you'll hardly see my fingers flying across the keyboard!
    (might need to do some careful proofchecking though!)

I'll tell him we need some shopping after lunch....

I hope you have a lovely day!
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Queenie and Chipps and all who follow
    got a busy day today not sure if all the jobs will get done but I hope so
    need to go and get dstepd a birthday present she is 21 but we now think we've found the right thing
    also have to pick up a new mobile for ds2 as he broke his charger and a new one is £20 and I've managed to track a phone down in argos for £9.99
    I'm out all day tommorow as we have to go to Portsmouth to a sweet cash and carry and then to the mil on the way back for a birthday barbecue for dstepd who thinks w've forgotten(she knows her dad well as he usually does)
    :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to all

pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Saturday Morning, the sky is black and threatenning. Don't know what to do today. Bank holiday weekend in Cornwall is not very appetizing for us locals. Roads will be jammed and if it rains the shops packed out and no where to park.
    Newquay is holding run to the sun... big VW get together... might be a jolly day out.
    Did not manage to sell the boat, I hate it when people say they will buy it and then never show up or call you back.
    Most of the kids are out at 'sleepovers' so it's a nice quiet morning and peacefull breakfast.
    The OH wants me to tow the caravan to her sisters in Penzance so she can use it during half term when I am working.... On a bank holiday weekend!!!:rotfl:
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    Pam ... have you checked Amazon for a charger? Sometimes they have mobile bits for 1p!! I know you have to check out the postage on top, but might be worth a peek?

Chipps - keep meaning to say ... Welcome Back! :D ... lovely to see you posting again. Enjoy that lunch out :D

N9eav - I'm :rotfl: at the carvan to Penzance - you've gotta lurve her sense of humour ;) Sorry about your potential buyer letting you down :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Gorgeous day here, we are going tothe auction to see if there are any bargains, and then probably off to the lottie later.

Thanks to whoever mentioned the free black flower buckets from Asda, I got 9 on Tuesday and another 12 yesterday, so will repot my cucumbers. I planted 8 seeds, and they all germinated, so what I am going to do with all those cucumbers, heaven knows :D

Home made curry for supper, and after it taking 4 hours last week to do the basic sauce, I just hope it is quicker tonight :eek:

Hope everyone has a good day x
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Queenie
    just had a look nothing for his type of phone (akward git) but the phone I reserved in argos is the same make so I'm hoping it will fit his phone and then we have a spare
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • Emmy
    Emmy Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :j

Queenie - wow - decluttering, something I can do too well but DH is a hoarder :mad:

mrs_mix - good luck with getting your jobs done :)

N9eav - Isn't the peace lovely, I would normally be in bed still but DH has taken the children swimming so I can grab some quiet time on th e'puter without everyone asking when their turn is :D

Chipps - good luck with the weather and the patio, glass of wine sat on it later :)

I am off into town shopping and hopefully get a bargain or too.

My mouth feels okay where the implants were placed it's just this bad fitting denture that is awful....I have managed yesterday to eat - rice krispies for breakfast, ground rice for lunch and ground rice for tea....can't do it much longer as I am only 6½ stone so can't loose too much weight!!!!!

Love to all time for another hot water :D

Hugs x x x
    :heartpuls Number 1 Aunty Gok fan :heartpuls
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    looks like a nice day here. cup final day here. little boy across the road has hung lots of scarves out and tied a flag to the lampost :)

off shopping later. miss dogrose has a school trip coming up and "needs" a few new bits and bobs.... ;)
    x x x
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI QUEENIE, CHIPPS, MRS MIX, N9EAV - and all who follow.
    I slept so well again last night! Still up early but I don't mind when I have had a solid five or six hours. Another week of this and I might start feeling human again. It's the lavender to thank -and TWINK! We're off to France on the late ferry on Tuesday night (I was hoping we weren't going till Thursday because I still have loads I want to get done before we go but DH wants to spend some time there before the long drive to Italy (for DS1's wedding) on Saturday. So, I'll just have to work harder and faster until we go! I hope I can catch up with you all from my friend's computer in France.
    QUEENIE - have a great half term. Let us know about the search for a car.
    MRSMIX - give me a wave when you get to Portsmouth! I'm only twenty minutes away!
    N9EAV - hope you sell your boat soon.
    Well, hope to get to the Co-op by 8.30 - need to get some food for here and to take to France. Then I have to finish writing a letter for my mum - she's in dispute with NW bank over an ATM withdrawal she didn't make and they're being very dismissive with her - she's banked with them for more than fifty years and they are not taking her seriously so I've decided to take over for her.
    Managed to get most of my other paperwork done yesterday and need to start packing for the holiday now. We have to go shopping today for a suit for DH - his old one looks old now. I'm hoping to get some shoes for the wedding - have been looking for months now for some to match the dress I'm wearing as mother-of-the-groom! Today's my last day to find some! Help!
    Weather looks a bit dull at the moment but I think I'll risk putting the washing out. BM is on (I'm loving this HM bread thing!) and I have yet to decide what to do for dinner tonight; I try and find something easy for DH to cook on a Saturday to give me a day off but his cooking skills are somewhat limited to fry-ups and - well, fry-ups!
    I need to decide what books to take to France - I have put six by so far. The last time we went, I didn't take enough and had to beg some from friends so I want to go better prepared this time.
    Two of my four eBay buyers have paid so I can post their parcels this morning but, if the other two don't pay before I go out, they'll have to wait until after the bank holiday! If they haven't paid by then, I'll have to email them to say I'm going away and I won't be able to post anything until I come back! That might chivvy them along! In fact, I think I'll email them tomorrow.
    Well, must go now and put the WM on and finish my shopping list.
    Hope you all have a lovely day and (((Hugs))) to all who need them.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chipps - keep meaning to say ... Welcome Back! :D ... lovely to see you posting again. Enjoy that lunch out :D

Thanks, Queenie, it's nice to BE back!

Chipps - good luck with the weather and the patio, glass of wine sat on it later :)
    Thanks Emmy - I jolly well hope so! I think the location of the patio has changed every year since it was first made. This year the pond moved, too (only the 3rd variation on that one!) So I am hoping that this is the final move & I can enjoy planting a garden that has time to grow in one place!!!:D I hope your problem with the dentures gets sorted out, it sounds very uncomfortable.

N9eav - I have always been rather envious of those living in Cornwall, but hadn't thought of the problems with traffic etc. Have fun with that caravan!:D

Mioliere - hope you find the right shoes today

Off to get on with that magazine now! Will try not to get distracted again!:o

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure