PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Fri 25/05/07

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for today. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Good morning everyone
it's ds1 last official day at school today boy do I feel old
have to sort the banking out today as it's pay-day
have a meeting with ds2 school at 10am and I know I'm going to lose my rag and there will be a row
got to do packed lunches in a mo
lots of other jobs today but to many to list
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to all
have a good day

pam xx
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
I'm also a hussy

Comments

• Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning to mrs mix and all who follow

Still feeling a bit spaced out having taking 1 tablet of tramadol yesterday evening, really not taking it again, will try and do without any painkillers today and just do salt rinses.

Payday today:j going off to aberdeen today with dh and kids, they dont do shopping with mummie so they are going off to do something else, so my shopping partner is going to be twink:D havent been shopping there in a while so hope i manage ok, last time i was in a big shopping centre was glasgow at xmas and had a panic attack there, that wasnt good:rolleyes:

Will be back in afternoon as dh is starting nights tonight, so he wil have a snooze in evening.

Made more bread last night and sausages for tea.

Hugs
    Kyle
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

OK I'm majorly peeved. Had meeting yesterday and I've been given a new title at work, which implies a promotion. However, despite me being "head of department" I'm still under someone elses control. How does that make me head of department:confused:. I've also got to work the early shift permanently - contract states different and continue to do extra duties that aren't anything to do with my role. But to top it all off - there's NO pay rise:mad: :mad: :mad: I'm so mad. Oh and no more overtime either

BF and I are now looking into buying a business in Florida so we can move over there ASAP. Hoping to go back over next month for a couple of weeks to maybe get the ball rolling. His whip lash is getting better now thankfully

Mum had another go at me last night about wanting to go to Florida permanently. She thinks I'd be stupid to go. Love being supported!

Must get petrol later (95p/litre:eek: ) that'll be around £35 again. Hoping to go out tonight to burn off some steam. Must go to the hole in the wall to get some cash out and to retreive internet earnings from my second account.

Hope everyone's ok

PS Kyle thanks for reminding me - it's pay day for me too!!!
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    ohh Pam.. you aint old girl !!!!! our bodies might be getting on a bit , but our minds are still in their teens !!!!!!!! and thats wot count !!!!

first i have a message to pass on from Donny-gal..... she is having a fab time and sends her love to you all x x x

well good morning to you all, the weather is not going to be as good today, lots of cloud and the outlook for next week isnt good either.

only read the rest of yesterdays daily this morning...

Ladygrim ... the jackets were scrummy, but where were you ? !!!!!! we also had some mussels in garlic butter with them .. so im nice and smelly breath this morning !!!!!

Vickya .. congratulations on getting your job x x

hugs to scuzz, kyle and crazychick x x x

lil-me aww what a heartaching dilema you are in with the dog.. hugs to you x x x

Mioliere ... what time is the mini bus picking me up.. ive packed already !!!!!!
    i wondered about your user name, now its all clear !! Amiee399 is my old door number when i lived in London and my dd middle name

popped to mr Ts last night, didnt get many bargains though, got some mushrooms for 20p which we will have today.. so even more garlic for me !!!!

my nan is comming to stay with my mum for the week, shes from Wimbeldon.. i truly believed that she knew the Wombles when i was young !!!! they are having dinner here tonight and so far other than mushrooms i havent a clue what im going to cook !!!

well im off to make coffee.
    catch you all later,
    hugs to you all
    Loraine x x
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning Mrs Mix, Kyle and Scuzz - and everyone still to post. Decided to get my fix of this early today!
    Mrs Mix - I remember that feeling so well - where have those years gone?!
    KYle - hope you feel better soon - know what you mean about painkillers, when I started dose as prescribed I slept nearly all the time, so soon cut right down.
    Scuzz - doesn't sound like a promotion without extra cash - unless it's something which will improve your CV for future job applications? If not, and you've more work to do as a result I think they're taking the p.....
    Oh well, off to shower and meet the day!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kyle make sure you keep rinsing your mouth with salt water(((((hugs)))))
    scuzz do you want me to go round and have a word with your boss I'm very scary when i get going ((((((hugs))))
    Loraine I know my mind thinks I'm a teenager still just my body forgets and I know how my mum felt when we grew to be taller that her and patted her on the head if he does that to me and he's already taller than me I'm going to kick him in the shins:rotfl::rotfl:
    best go and make those packed lunches and kick the children out of bed

pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Hope your shopping trip goes well, kyle, and that the salt rinses work (they def helped me with my wisdom tooth, just didnt taste too good!!!)

Good luck at the school Mrsmix - hope all gets sorted for you.

scuzz - sorry about the job, have you asked if there is any chance of a pay rise - and the fact they are making you do things that arnt in your contract? Sounds like they are really trying it on!!! I hope that if you do decide to go to Florida it all works out for you - im sure we can offer you plenty of support here!!!

((HUGS)) to all who need/want one xxx

Well, my 2 broke up from school yesterday, so a housefull of children here today - i have a petrol MS to do in the morning, and have had a bit of a sleepless night, 1 because DD decided to get in with me and 2 because im not sure where the garage is that i need to get to!!! I have enough trouble sleeping without those worries too!!

DSs football went really well last night, going to take them a little while to work out their new roles, but DS managed to score 2 goals (hes a left midfielder) and the team won 4 -1!!! Very proud of them all.

Lots to do today, but the BM is on, and im going to pop the WM on in a mo as well.

Right, i need to find out the directions to this garage - hope everyone has a lovely day,
    Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Emmy
    Emmy Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :D

Feeling better today with regard to pain, I am going to try and sort out my 'troubles' with my denture though maybe not today, having said that they might tell me I should have said something as soon as possible.....will have to see.

Shame about the weather I was hoping to do a car boot on Sunday but if the weather is going to be horrible then ???

Going to do some baking today as I am not at work and DS can help (or hinder!!)

Hugs to all whether you want one or not :D

Emmy x x
    :heartpuls Number 1 Aunty Gok fan :heartpuls
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    catowen wrote: »

scuzz - sorry about the job, have you asked if there is any chance of a pay rise - and the fact they are making you do things that arnt in your contract? Sounds like they are really trying it on!!! I hope that if you do decide to go to Florida it all works out for you - im sure we can offer you plenty of support here!!!

Oh they are trying it on big time. I've been told they'll "apply" for a payrise for me in October, but it will probably be tiny. And there's no guarantee I'll get one unless the sales figures go up. Florida here I come!
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Morning guys .
    Just popping on to say morning, dull here too, im running late this morning as didnt pack lunch boxes last night, but with dh at home today only 3 to make not 4.
    Glad the kids break up today, like not having to rush around in the mornings.
    PayDay here also, so bills to be paid and budget to be sorted.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Donna
    x
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all
    Yay, 2 extra whole days off for me as it is half term, some of us admin staff have to work part of it, I'm working Wednesday & Thursday. We have all sorts of horrible & underhand things happening at work including 17 members of staff leaving, I think the school is in serious trouble & am really worried what will happen at our next ofsted, I enjoy my job & like the people I work with, but will have to consider looking for something else if it gets any worse as I really cannot manage without a job.
    I hope to get my dressmakers dummy set up, I did my usual trick of telling everyone I know that I wanted one & sure enough someone had one stashed away that they weren't using. I can't buy any fabric until June as I am still struggling to stay in the black at the bank, 1 week to go & there are still a few pennies in my account. I have a Berketex dress that was given to me, it's 2 sizes too big, so I will try to alter it to fit me, I also have a part roll of calico that I may use to make a toile. I've received my first Prima pattern for a dress & jacket, I'm going to make it up to wear to my DD's wedding next year so I need to make sure I alter the pattern so it fits really well, I don't want to show my DD up, I really want to look smart especially compared to my EXOH's new wife, who is 12 years younger than me, 6 inches taller, 2 dress sizes smaller & who spends loads of money on clothes, when she married my EX, she couldn't decide what to wear so bought 4 different outfits!!!!
    I know my DD will just be happy to have me there & wouldn't mind if I turned up in a bin bag, but it's important to me to look good.
    I shall get loads of time on the computer this weekend as the GP is on & hubby will spend hours glued to the TV.
    I hope eveyone has a good day, hugs to all.
    Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure