MSE News: Sky takes over O2 and Be broadband: What does this mean for customers?

Options

Comments

• qwertyty
    Options
    Was it this number you called - 03332 022 135 ?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    qwertyty wrote: »
    Was it this number you called - 03332 022 135 ?

Yes, I believe it was.
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    My friend had his BB with 02 /sky and the phone with eprimus .
    His phone deal is for free E&W calls which no one seems to offer now .
    He decided to leave both sky and eprimus and move to plusnet .
    sky said the best they could offer was £22 a month and phone and he would be better leaving .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    qwertyty wrote: »
    thats exactly what i need/want, i guess getting to the derby call centre is pot luck? I've only got onto the scottish one.

I only got an English call centre - no idea if it was Derby or not. Best offer was half price line rental and normal BB cost of £7.50. Didn't really pursue it much when sky wouldn't match the £75 PlusNet cashback never mind the Quidco Cashback of £100.

Now moved to PlusNet.
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    Didn't really pursue it much when sky wouldn't match the £75 PlusNet cashback never mind the Quidco Cashback of £100.

Now moved to PlusNet.
    You've done the right thing IMO; Sky would never have matched that deal (£16.75/yr for LR+BB).
    Well done! :beer:
    Scrounger
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Old_Git wrote: »
    My friend had his BB with 02 /sky and the phone with eprimus .
    His phone deal is for free E&W calls which no one seems to offer now .
    He decided to leave both sky and eprimus and move to plusnet .
    sky said the best they could offer was £22 a month and phone and he would be better leaving .

Tesco offer evening and weekend calls as part of the basic line rental, as BT used to .
  • rileydog
    rileydog Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if this is a good deal or not but in case it helps anybody else who was switched from O2 to Sky around a year ago. I got the letter from Sky saying about the £1 increase in line rental which also gave the right to end the contract early with no penalties...

I rang Sky and said that I wasn't necessarily bothered about the £1 increase but that I was currently on a very good deal paying £7.50 for unlimited broadband with free line rental and knew that this would be coming to an end soon (December) so thought I'd take the opportunity to 'jump ship' early as PlusNet had a deal which worked out to £10.16 per month (after £70 cashback via MSE link), for both broadband and line rental with a 12 month contract. I said this offer expired in 9 days hence me wanting to switch now and using the £1 increase as the opportunity to do do.

Naturally he said he would see what he could do and straight away offered free broadband for 12 months and 12 months line rental upfront at £140.40, so £11.70 a month. Although this is an increase from my current £7.50 there's no way the hassle of switching is worth saving £1.54 a month with PlusNet, he also said PlusNet traffic shape and that Sky didn't, not sure how accurate this is but I've always been happy with Sky so am pleased with £11.70 a month all in :D
  • qwertyty
    Options
    I just got
    Line rental saver
    Free BB
    Anytime international
    Equivalent to £21.70
  • brionz
    brionz Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used to be an O2 customer before Sky took over their broadband provision. I got my welcome email last December which stated that I would be paying £9 a month for my broadband service, which I was quite happy with as it was slightly less that the price I was paying O2 (after the top-up discount). However this month I noticed that my monthly bill was £9.20 so I inquired why this was and was told that my 12 month discount had expired (a day before billing, hence just a 20p increase) and that I can expect to pay £15 from now on. I was very angry about this as I had never been informed that my £9 a month charge was a discounted price for the first 12 months. The advisor I chatted to online was not at all helpful and told me that I should have known it was only a 12 month discount and they were not prepared to extend it. I would be interested to know if anyone else is in the same boat? I will be logging a formal complaint.
  • spenderdave
    Options
    The introductory discount was well advertised as for the first 12 months and certainly in the information I got from Sky last year. I have been paying £14 for the past year (no tv or phone) and I see this month's bill is £15 as I expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure