The Great 'granny In A Glovebox' Hunt

Options

Comments

• chinagirl
    chinagirl Posts: 875 Forumite
    Options
    scoobs wrote:
    Wig, I have an orange PAYG and didn't know about the cinema tickets. Who do you have to text please? Wish I'd known about it. I was going to get it unlocked and move to Tesco who have half price texts and phone calls to 3 numbers - 5p and 10 p - I thought this would be good cos I only use it to ring/text hubby but with the cinema offer it might be worth sticking to orange. Please let me know how I get the cinema tickets. THANK YOU
    Scoobs, where have you been! Orange have been running adverts for their cinema offer on the telly for some time now, (by the way I don't actually have an Orange phone, but my son has)
    keep smiling,
    chinagirl x
  • tonyg_2
    tonyg_2 Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wig wrote:
    Yep, you're right, He was there last night (4.99) when I posted above, now the price's are from 19.99

If it's any consolation he didn't say that his 4.99 offer included the 10 pound credit & free texts, so I reckon he was just selling the phone.

Interestingly, I have attempted to buy 3 different items from Amazon marketplace from new sellers over the last couple of months - each were "total bargains" (eg ipod mini for about £60) and each time, after I successfully completed checkout I got some weird message from Amazon telling me that they would have to cancel the purchase for some strange reason. Then the buyer disappears.

There's something dodgy going on there, but don't fully understand what...!!
  • andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tonyg wrote:
    There's something dodgy going on there, but don't fully understand what...!!
    There are some people that like to vandalise Microsoft products with viruses etc to perform some warped idea that they are helping the world by showing how dodgy the products are.

Maybe there are also people that put hoax deals or bids on auction sites to highlight the risk that you can be ripped off. It seems to me like a sad way to seek attention.
  • hydermanpete
    Options
    you don't have to top up each month

Probably confused with the o2 Online prepay tariff which does have the requirement to top up by at least £10.00 per month...

Seems to have been a few changed on that tariff also... You can still opt for 300 Text or you can now choose 100 minutes, however the 100 minute option includes text and picture messages.

Each text will be counted as 1 min of calls and a picture message as 3 - still if like me you do not send that much in the way of text it is a better option.

Online the sims sell at £9.99 although they do have the ocassional free text promotion.

If though you go to an o2 high street shop the sims are £4.99
  • andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's not necessary to top up on that tariff, but those offers are there if you do. If not the SIM carries on anyway, and the options come back the next £10 top-up.
  • BNU_2
    BNU_2 Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone had any luck with the Orange Film Wednesdays on a new Orange PAYG mobile on a low spend?
    I was told at an Orange shop yesterday that you had to be on contract and by someone else that you didn't but had to spend more than £10 per month, and on their website it said you had to spend more than £5 per month to qualify. Noticed someone in this thread can get them - but this may be because they have been an Orange customer for years. Need to know before I commit to buying 2 new phones - because without this perk we will be better off going for a cheaper mobile to mobile PAYG tariff - such as T-Mobile or Virgin. Please advise if you know!
    :EasterBun
    [SIZE=-1]I can resist everything except temptation. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] Oscar Wilde [/SIZE]
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just tried it on the orange sim i got free, and registered last sunday, not topped it up yet, still on the free £1 calling credit. Got the ticket for this wednesday coming no problems.
    Sometimes i surprise myself by being right.
  • BNU_2
    BNU_2 Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you. I think I will give it a go then & buy on Orange! The free tickets will mean a lot more of a saving than a cheaper tariff I think - if we use the phones as infrequently as we expect to. Will just need to find a cheap deal now!
    :EasterBun
    [SIZE=-1]I can resist everything except temptation. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] Oscar Wilde [/SIZE]
  • wolvesinwales
    wolvesinwales Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wig wrote:
    Yep, you're right, He was there last night (4.99) when I posted above, now the price's are from 19.99

If it's any consolation he didn't say that his 4.99 offer included the 10 pound credit & free texts, so I reckon he was just selling the phone.

Back again, but different price !

Added to your
    Shopping Basket:
    Motorola C115 - T-Mobile - Pay As You Go - With £10 Free Credit* + 1000 Free Texts**- Motorola Electronics
    Seller's Price:£13.60
    - Quantity: 1
    - Dispatched from: mwilson_309
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BNU wrote:
    Has anyone had any luck with the Orange Film Wednesdays on a new Orange PAYG mobile on a low spend?
    I was told at an Orange shop yesterday that you had to be on contract and by someone else that you didn't but had to spend more than £10 per month, and on their website it said you had to spend more than £5 per month to qualify. Noticed someone in this thread can get them - but this may be because they have been an Orange customer for years. Need to know before I commit to buying 2 new phones - because without this perk we will be better off going for a cheaper mobile to mobile PAYG tariff - such as T-Mobile or Virgin. Please advise if you know!

I am on Orange PAYG been just over a year and topped up £5 in December and not topped up since and still get the film vouchers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure