Options

Comments

• katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mgrowe wrote: »
    I moved recently to Flow from SSE.

Move went very smoothly from the Flow end and all went through as planned.

I like the online account with Flow and their emails about the move were good. Should save me about £300 a year as well.

Still waiting for my refund from SSE though. Main reason I moved was how bad SSE were at customer service.
    I was previously with SSE (under M & S Energy) and had no problem with customer services at all. I moved because of the prices but was reluctant to do so.
  • mariegriffiths
    Options
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Yes
    • Have you had problems since?
    • No
    • Is it easy to contact?
    • Yes
    • Very helpful on getting meter exchange done and flexible in dates
    • Seems to keep low for 4 years now but is stating to lose competitiveness in price
  • HonourlessWeasel
    Options
    Afternoon All,

Switched to Flow in April of this year - actually, not technically a switch, they were already serving this property, I just happened to purchase the house. I phoned them before any of the furniture even made it into the place, yet it took them over a month to hear anything back at all, even a progress acknowledgement. During that month period I contacted them because I thought it was entirely unreasonable to not hear anything (not even an account number), and it took them over a week to reply by email where I was told it takes up to six weeks to create an account.

I don't deem that acceptable as in my previous property EDF came to the property in less than seven days from initial request and fitted an Economy 10 meter while also setting up a brand new account. The only information that Flow actually sent me, by email, was "We know people don't like Welcome Packs..." and the rest of the email just directed me to where I could log in online to submit meter readings.

Since then, I've submitted meter readings, then 48 hours later received an email demanding a meter reading because I've failed to submit one. *Slow hand clap*.

After their "system" eventually recognised my meter reading some days later, I had a balance to pay one occasion when I logged in, unfortunately I didn't have any cards on me to do so. I came back to it the next day and the balance had gone, so I couldn't pay it - why? That's make no sense whatsoever.

We've had a meter reader come round for Flow to read the electricity meter - he refused to read the gas meter - and turned up with the account details for the previous owners of the property who left months ago.

Now, when I go online and attempt to pay my balance (I refuse to pay by direct debit having so far seen how terrible they are) I get a message telling me that they cannot accept card payments at the moment. That's been going on for the past week at least. It's got nothing to do with my cards, I've tried multiple cards from different banks, it's entirely a failing on their part.

EDF were a terrible company who tried their hardest to rip people off left, right and centre but so far Flow have been far worse, especially in the customer services stakes. It's a shame that according to the Cheap Energy Club I seem to be on the cheapest tariff available for me. I think I may be leaving them anyway, even if I move to something slightly more expensive for a while, it's been a shambles from start to finish so far. Waiting a week for a reply to an email is unacceptable - I've worked in customer services before, the maximum people should wait for a reply is 24 hours.
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello,

I am very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the Change of Tenancy process following your move into your new home. Please can you contact us with your account number so we can investigate this further for you? You can email us at [EMAIL="help@flowenergy.uk.com"]help@flowenergy.uk.com[/EMAIL], private message us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/FlowEnergyUK) or call our friendly Customer Services Team on 0800 092 0202.

Warm regards,
    Flow
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Capt_MashPotato
    Options
    Hi, I switched to Flow back in April with them becoming my 'official' supplier on May 23rd. However, MSE sent me an email last week saying my switch was half complete and still waiting for electricity to swap over. Having spoken to Flow today, they verified the aforementioned date above is correct.

So, how does this get updated? Is this MSE or Flow being slow? Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Coming towards the end of my gas fix term tariff (15 months) and will be moving away.
    All has been good except for the last 3 months' bills where Flow have ignored my monthly meter readings and added their own value (much higher of course). Phoned Customer Services and got through quickly but just told it wouldn't happen next month. Well guess what, it did repeatedly.
    Not impressed currently.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, I switched to Flow back in April with them becoming my 'official' supplier on May 23rd. However, MSE sent me an email last week saying my switch was half complete and still waiting for electricity to swap over. Having spoken to Flow today, they verified the aforementioned date above is correct.

So, how does this get updated? Is this MSE or Flow being slow? Thanks
    When will I get my cashback?

If you went through a comparison or provider which promises cashback when you switch - including our Cheap Energy Club - it usually takes between three to five months to hit your bank account, depending on how quick the supplier is at processing your application.

The cashback will appear as "EnergyClubCashbk" on your bank statement. If you opted not to pay for your energy by direct debit, the cashback will be paid by cheque.
    I haven't received my cashback - what should I do?

If you move to a supplier that we can switch you to, £15 cashback is paid for a single fuel switch, £30 if you switch both fuels. Cashback is paid in to your bank account around three months after switching, but it can sometimes take longer if your supplier is slow to confirm this to us. It will appear as "EnergyClubCashbk".

If it's been over six months since your switch, let us know by emailing [EMAIL="energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com"]energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] and we'll follow this up for you.

Source: https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub/faq

I guess, if you are still waiting after 6 months, if you were to also provide MSE with a copy of your first bill/statement from flow that confirms they are now supplying you, that will help.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    Coming towards the end of my gas fix term tariff (15 months) and will be moving away.
    All has been good except for the last 3 months' bills where Flow have ignored my monthly meter readings and added their own value (much higher of course). Phoned Customer Services and got through quickly but just told it wouldn't happen next month. Well guess what, it did repeatedly.
    Not impressed currently.

I understand your frustration with this situation.

However, if you are about to now switch supplier anyway, I suspect it's not worth worrying about.

Ensure you provide a meter reading to the new supplier at actual switching date, and then ensure the outgoing supplier uses the same reading for their final bill as the new supplier uses for their start reading, and the issues you currently are worrying about will then resolve themselves.
    i.e. you will only pay for what you have used :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @footyguy
    Not bothered per se, just annoyed as it has ruined what would have been a good recommendation for the firm otherwise. And the fact I wasted my time phoning them when nothing changed.
    And yes I will be ensuring that the correct readings appear on the both the new supplier opening reading and Flow's final bill even though it would be cheaper for me to pay Flow's rates for the "additional units they estimated so far". But I wouldn't want to benefit from it in that way.
  • jehu44
    Options
    Switched to Flow two years ago. Very quick and easy to supply meter readings by clicking on link in monthly email. But new fixed tariff will cost 10% more than the latest new entrant. May decide this saving is not worth the potential hassle of switching and possibly getting poor customer service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure