Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Options

Comments

• bubieyehyeh
    Options
    frankie wrote: »
    Have just been on their facebook page to reiterate the readings problem. The number of complants on there is indicative of this companies poor performance.

I made a complaint, they tell me that the gas meter reading validation problem is now fixed, and my next statement will include the meter reading I've supplied.

I'll wait and see, since its not the first time they told me it was fixed and wasn't. The website is still showing a estimated reading as the latest reading so I'm not convinced it is fixed.

I have a feeling that 8 weeks after I started my complaint it will not be fixed, and I will be talking to the ombudsmen.
  • movingon
    movingon Posts: 533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yesterday a guy from Morrisons data came to read the electricity meter.........he said he had not been asked to read the gas meter.

I then got a terse one line email from Flow to tell me my readings from last month had been manually validated on the system.

I checked on the online account and the readings are still their over-estimates from August.

In some ways I cant wait for 8 weeks to be up so I can go to the ombudsman.

Does anyone know if the 8 weeks means 8 weeks from raising the issue, or 8 weeks from sending a message headed "Complaint"?
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Latest excuse from Flow:

'Hello Frank, I am Letitia and I will be assisting you today. The readings you are concerned about are estimated readings. These are showing on your account because as you know we bill customers on a monthly basis, this is why we request monthly meter reads to make sure the account stays accurate. The estimates that have been used on your account have been put in place so we are able to bill you for the full calendar month. I can see the readings you have been providing have been used on your statements as well as the estimates. If we look at your readings for September the estimates have been used because you provided a reading to us on 24/09/2017. This reading was then sent off for validation. September has 30 days and you have provided us a reading for 24 of those days, so we have estimated the consumption of the last 6 days of September to be able to bill you. The estimates we use are created to run in line with the readings you provide to us. I understand this is frustrating because you have provided the reading to us but this does not affect your account over all. We will then use your readings for October and this will balance the account out and any estimate will be for the final days of the month'

What a load of waffle and excuse!
  • movingon
    movingon Posts: 533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, what a load of rubbish. They told me to submit my meter readings on the 25th of the month, so that they could be validated on their system by the end of the month, so that an accurate statement pertaining to that month, could be issued on the 1st of the next month.

Mind you, it has never happened yet. :mad:
  • ebc
    ebc Posts: 156 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I even submitted my readings on the 30th September so that they could use the actual submitted values rather than generate estimates for the missing few days of the month.
    They did use the Electric reading but ignored the Gas reading and generated their own estimate, which is way over my actual usage.

PLEASE AVOID FLOW ENERGY !
  • bubieyehyeh
    Options
    movingon wrote: »
    They told me to submit my meter readings on the 25th of the month

Me too. Assume that was their "excuse du jour"
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service you have received.

To be able to investigate further please could I request that at your earliest convenience you provide us with your Flow account number (via facebook direct messagehttps://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/ or Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help as we do not have a private message function on here) so we can look into this for you?

We will endeavour to contact you back as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,

The Flow team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you have received, and we would like to resolve your query and deal with your complaint with you at your earliest convenience.
    To be able to investigate further please could I kindly request that you provide us with your Flow account number (via facebook direct messagehttps://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/ or Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help as we do not have a private message function on here) so we can look into this for you?

We will endeavour to contact you back as soon as possible.
    Warm Regards,

The Flow team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • ColinB
    ColinB Posts: 70 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dear Flow Representative

It's good that you login to this forum occasionally to see what's being said about your company. However, encouraging private bilateral discussions via TwitFace does nothing to satisfy the many people here complaining about poor billing. Can you please explain why, several months after the completion of the Nexus project, customer gas meter readings are still being ignored and estimated bills are still being produced ? This issue is generating a lot of bad publicity for your company, and you have a platform in this forum to get those customers back on side by explaining the problem and telling us what you're doing to fix it. So why not use that ?

You might also have noticed a major national advertising campaign running at the moment which says (in summary): "Fed up with estimated bills ? Get a Smart Meter !". Clearly that could help resolve this issue, but Flow don't offer Smart Meters and apparently have no plans to do so. Explaining that position would be helpful too.

Regards.
  • Sally_J_2
    Options
    Very easy to opt in but after giving exact readings like everyone else, they were ignored, found my monthly payments went up £6 a month. My year was up in September and my 1st payment was made to the new provider on 25th September and Flow also took a payment on 28th. I made sure I provided both companies with my final readings. After ringing yesterday to find out where my £191 credit is, :eek:: yes £191, I was fobbed off with.........blah blah ...... it takes over 6 weeks to repay and then it magically appears in my bank account. I now feel I have a long wait ahead! Do yourselves a favour and avoid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure