PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Experience with Homeground Management Ltd

Options

Comments

• samp45
    Options
    I am a landlord and have had 3 very costly encounters with them.
    One apartment where Trinity were collecting the ground rent with the service charge upto 2012 and using my home mailing address with no problem.
    Earlier this year received a demand from JB Leitch for £849 after passing it on to my solicitor the outcome was a total liability of £1733.99 and rising with a threat of forfeiture.
    Another property I purchased at an auction and sold within four months a demand for £860.50.
    A further property with a demand from JB leitch for 728.45
  • Alan_Dinnie-Weall
    Options
    I am writing this post on behalf of my Daughter in order to protect her situation. Her surname is now different to mine.
    Her involvement with Homeground is now leading towards reporting them to Trading Standards.
    They are faceless and, their customer & communication skills are as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.
  • Bubbles18
    Bubbles18 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Bubbles18 wrote: »
    We are going to court against these cowboys due to their utter incompetence, total lack of administrative capability and lack of adherence to the law.

We'll certainly be citing this forum amongst others as further evidence that we are not alone in our struggles with them.

Update for you all - we had our day in court and tore them a new one :D

The Judge was less than impressed with the inconsistencies in their evidence which was woeful at best. They couldn't back up anything they claimed and the judge dismissed their claim and wouldn't give scope for an appeal either.

If you've genuinely done nothing wrong and have a strong case then don't be afraid of them, stand up for yourselves! Make sure you do your research and document everything you possibly can. Keep every email and every letter.

Might be tempted to speak with trading standards about them too.

Can't recommend the leasehold advisory service enough. Their staff are very knowledgeable and there is a lot of good information on their site.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bubbles18 wrote: »
    Update for you all - we had our day in court and tore them a new one :D

Can't recommend the leasehold advisory service enough. Their staff are very knowledgeable and there is a lot of good information on their site.
    http://lease-advice.org/
  • Desperate_Seller
    Options
    Hi

We too have run into problems with Homeground, we are due to complete with our sale next week, out buyers lender at the last minute have requested a copy of the renewed insurance schedule which is from the 1st August. They are not responding to me or my solicitor. Is there anyone out there with a contact number that works?

Extremely worried at this stage of the game. Any advice anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.
  • Julian_
    Julian_ Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2015 at 11:06AM
    Options
    One of the company directors is a Lord. Write to him directly and make thorough nuisances of yourselves. I can't mention his name as the text will be removed but it's out in the public domain. I'll give you a clue - [TEXT REMOVED BY FORUM TEAM]!

Julian
  • Desperate_Seller
    Options
    Thanks, have emailed a couple of there director's on linked in. And an old contact of the Freeholder was emailing a top nob at Home Ground so I eventually got a call back, but guess what they cannot provide insurance details for the renewal due to start 1st August 2015.

The woman responded "we are a professional landlord and place insurance on thousands of properties...." (Professional!!!!Really). Yet on the phone she said they were a small company which is why they have no phone system - go figure, full of lies. Good luck to me.
  • Julian_
    Julian_ Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, total bare faced lies and when they don't respond to emails and claim they haven't been arriving, well they must think we fell off a church roof. As for JB Leich - I toughed it out with the idiots and didn't pay a penny, which I didn't owe. I was actually looking forward to making fools of them in court but sadly never got the chance :-( One thing I do know is that they do have a telephone number available but they only divulge it to management companies and the like under pain of death for passing it on to common folk like us!

Julian
  • Whitetigeruk
    Options
    In need of help.

My solicitor and I have been trying desperately to get a response from this company but with anything other than an automated response.

I am trying to sell my flat and cannot speak to them to get a reply. They took over the leasehold on behalf of the Leaseholder in 2011 but didn't register it correctly in the new leaseholders name.

I'm not sure what my next steps are, any ideas
  • lsh1007
    Options
    Has anyone found a way of actually getting a response yet? I'm in the process of selling my apartment and desperately need copies of my account statements. I'm terrified my buyers will get fed up of waiting and pull out! Please help!...I could cry!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure