PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Experience with Homeground Management Ltd

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• In response to other people's experiences with Home Ground, I am pretty shocked to find out that our pending new Freehold house purchase in Tiber Road in North Hykeham Lincoln has suddenly been passed onto Home Ground as the Land Management company.
    I knew from our solicitors that there was service charges involved with the maintenance of the rear parking courtyard and the un-adopted road that the house is situated through First Port. However when we accepted the offer on the house Barratt Homes (through it's own land management Barratt Developments) owned the land, and now we have been informed that it has seemed to be passed onto Home Ground with no prior warning other than what the solicitors have found out :(

Now our solicitors are trying to contact Home Ground about the Certificate Of Compliance and the Information Pack that is required to purchase the house - and yes they are not contactable via telephone which is delaying the process further, which could put the whole purchase at risk of collapse (as buyer's of our old house has already threatened to pull out if no further progress made). I am aware that the Garage could be Leasehold, but why do you have to go through all this documentation with lots of fees (Home Ground are being secretive about) just to Lease the Garage as the main house is classified as 'Freehold' :mad:
    Why do these large house builders pass on their land to companies like this without informing the residents (or potential buyers) that the land is up for tender!!! I feel sorry for the residents of the Manor Farm Estate in North Hykeham who have bought their home in good faith now just to be dumped on because the house builder cannot be bothered to go through the proper channels to inform the residents and to hold meetings with them about the changeover!
    Now just preparing the house to fall through as only got until the end of October until the buyers of my old house pull out again due to lack of progress - let this company fail as it should do, in my eyes it is not fit for the 21st Century, cannot come soon enough!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure