PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Experience with Homeground Management Ltd

Options
Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone had experience in dealing with Homeground Management Ltd.

I am in the process of selling my flat at the moment. The flat is managed by Trinity Estates for maintenance/service charge. The ground rent is collected by Homeground.

To get all of the service charge information, I ended up having to pay Trinity £180 + VAT for their management information pack, which included buildings insurance document and deed of covenant.

The solicitor then contacted Homeground who have asked for the same fee for their management info pack, which also includes the deed of covenant and buildings insurance. These people only provide an email a PO box to write to them. Otherwise there is little way of getting hold of them. Since we disputed the charge, they have now stopped responding to emails.

Has anyone else had dealings with them or advice on how to proceed? This is the only thing I'm waiting on before exchange of contracts.

Comments

• WeeBob
    Options
    I've experience of this company. They 'manage' the leasehold on my property.

PO BOX only
    No physical office address
    No Phone
    No fax
    Take ages to respond to letters and emails
    Sometimes dont even respond
    Dont address issues raised in letters/emails
    Hidden 'admin' charges when making payments by credit card.

Awful company.

I cant offer advice, I'm sorry, but I know how frustraiting they are.
  • propertyman
    propertyman Posts: 2,922 Forumite
    Options
    The registered office is

HOMEGROUND MANAGEMENT LTD
    ONE
    NEW CHANGE
    LONDON
    EC4M 9AF
    Just produce the evidence of your payment of ground rent,and just use the info from Trinity.

If the purchasers baulks, then under sct 47/48 of the landlord and tenant act 1987 and Sct 166 of CLRA 2002 if the landlord does not provide their actual address and one in in E & W, and a PO box doesnt pass muster, you are entitled to legally withold the amounts.

Something your solcitor should know.....
    Stop! Think. Read the small print. Trust nothing and assume that it is your responsibility. That way it rarely goes wrong.
    Actively hunting down the person who invented the imaginary tenure, "share freehold";
    if you can show me one I will produce my daughter's unicorn
  • markdonovan
    Options
    address in london is
    Homeground Management Ltd
    104a Park Street
    LONDON
    W1K 6NG

I was wondering whether anyone had experience in dealing with Homeground Management Ltd.

I am in the process of selling my flat at the moment. The flat is managed by Trinity Estates for maintenance/service charge. The ground rent is collected by Homeground.

To get all of the service charge information, I ended up having to pay Trinity £180 + VAT for their management information pack, which included buildings insurance document and deed of covenant.

The solicitor then contacted Homeground who have asked for the same fee for their management info pack, which also includes the deed of covenant and buildings insurance. These people only provide an email a PO box to write to them. Otherwise there is little way of getting hold of them. Since we disputed the charge, they have now stopped responding to emails.

Has anyone else had dealings with them or advice on how to proceed? This is the only thing I'm waiting on before exchange of contracts.[/QUOTE]
  • StephanP
    Options
    I'm having similar problems with Homeground - I own and rent out a property on land owned by one of the Oxford University Colleges and Homeground manage the ground rent. They have been absolutely shocking: they publish no phone number, there's no name on any of the correspondence and I've (unjustifiably) received a string of threatening letters from them resulting in a raft of emails sent by me that have been roundly ignored. I'm currently trying to speak to someone within Oxford University's Estates function to complain about them. 'Amateurish' is the most polite comment that I can muster for these charlatans.
  • propertyman
    Options
    Unless a ground rent demand is sent with the name and address of the freeholder and an address in E & W for service of notices, s47 & 48 LTA and with notice under S166 of CLRA 2002, you can withold the rent.
    Stop! Think. Read the small print. Trust nothing and assume that it is your responsibility. That way it rarely goes wrong.
    Actively hunting down the person who invented the imaginary tenure, "share freehold";
    if you can show me one I will produce my daughter's unicorn
  • e.andy1
    Options
    HomeGround is really pathetic at responding to queries has been my experience too. Moreover there is none to turn to - my email dated 26th December for a query did not elicit a response - sent another reminder on 23rd January and again today - not nothing heard to date. This is for a routine query on my property.

My solicitor is complained of the same lack of response - all that we are able to do is Chase! Their lack of response has affected sale of my flat and thereby impacting purchase of my next property.... I STRONGLY ADVISE ALL TO NOT DEAL WITH HOMEGROUND MANAGEMENT...BE IT TENANTS, OWNERS OR INTERMEDIATERIES .... I hope I change my view in which case I will surely come back on this forum and update my comments !!!! Phew
  • User3_2
    Options
    Hello all,

Wondering if anyone else is having similar issues to me?

homegroundonline took over the management of my ground rent last year, I received the notification in July 2013 registered onto the online portal (dreadful) and paid.

On 11th February 2014 I have recieved a letter titled notice of legal notice. On further investigation my ground rent for 2014 is due 1st Jan homegroundonline have apparently sent a number of reminder letters in January (non of which have been recieved) and I have now been refered to a solicitor an incurred a further £250 in late and legal fees.

Surely this is unreasonable? my ground rental is 46 days overdue. I think this is totally over the top and uncalled for. Homeground will now not communicate with me, all correspondence must go through the solicitors. I have offered to pay my ground rent immediately but the solicitor is pushing for the additional fees to be paid.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Can anyone offer any advise on how I can avoid these unreasonable additional costs.
  • mjrana
    Options
    User 3,

I have the same issue. I thought money was being collected via Direct Debit and so sent them an email to confirm this. I did not receive a reply and was sent a legal proceeding notice saying if I did not pay the I would be taken to court.

I contacted their solicitor to explain and who say they would follow up for me but they send a very strong letter that if I did not pay within 7 days that I would be taken to court.

Had homeground replied to my original email then I would not have had this issue but I find it very difficult to speak to anyone.

Interested to sees how you get on
  • Techno123
    Options
    This firm are an absolute disgrace. Incompetent fools doesn't even begin to describe them. I'm in a similar position where they are issuing threats and adding ever increasing 'legal fees' but seem absolutely incapable of sending me a simple statement of account. Never before have I witnessed such total and absolute incompetence. Total charlatans and as another poster suggested, should be avoided at all costs. Any landlords who are even contemplating using them beware !!!!
  • marygate
    marygate Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2014 at 10:17AM
    Options
    “We aim to be helpful, friendly and transparent in all of our dealings with you. We believe you should have easy access to information relating to your home ownership”
    This is a statement from the front of Homeground’s brochure which I received in July 2013 when they took over, along with not one, but 2 letters of introduction, each containing a pass code to get onto their site to make payments. Each letter had a different pass code, neither worked!
    I paid some amounts by cheque to them in the meantime, e mailing them to request a new, or correct pass code, getting an automated mail back in acknowledgement, saying they would deal within 3 to 5 days. Having done this several times, still nothing!
    I rent my property out and my tenants forward any mail which is addressed to me at the property. In Dec 13 Homeground included a form with their bill saying I needed a license from them if I let my property which costs £40.00. It also had the facility to inform them if I had a separate Correspondence address, which of course I do. Filling in the form and sending it off with the £40 which, by the way, has been debited from my bank. I though all would be well.
    I have not received a license and they are still posting mail to the rented property address!
    Last week, having been on holiday, I was given a clutch of mail by my tenants about arrears of £85 and one from Homeground’s lawyers asking for penalty fees and charges on top, threatening legal action. I confess, after the many ignored emails I had sent, I decided a while ago, to stop paying, with the expectation they would contact me eventually. I phoned their solicitors 3 days ago; (I recorded conversation) They said they would get my file and call me back. That was 3 days ago! I’m calling and recording again today. During these three days I have sent Homeground a special delivery letter with a copy of my letter to their lawyers and my contact details at a cost of £6.22 postage. It’s trackable and they received it yesterday according to the post office track and trace website. I have told both parties I am happy to pay the outstanding ground rent, if they can provide me with the pass code I asked for 7 months ago, or contact me.
    I have kept everything, my emails, their automated replies, post office tracking confirmation and my sound files. I will let you know how I get on, but I will soon be as “transparent” with them as they have been with me, ZILCH! and eagerly await the summons. Should this happen, I will engage lawyers and go for costs.
    You are all aware they can’t be contacted by phone, yet I have emailed and written by post to them as they ask, this obviously is not an option either. I may just go and knock on their office door soon. Be interesting would it not? They will probably say I have to make an appointment! Haaaaaaaaa! I think they are just a bunch of bankers! sorry for the typo!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure