PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Experience with Homeground Management Ltd

Options

Comments

• emilyhick
    Options
    hi there. are you able to provide me with this phone number, as we are having a similar problem with our flat potentially falling through.
  • Leaseholder33Y
    Options
    I’m just about to start dealing with them to buy my freehold. On researching the company it REALLY annoyed me to find out it’s owned by a massively wealthy Tory Peer: Viscount Astor. So this leasehold scandal is truly feudal!
  • atringha
    Options
    I've had similar experience - no phone number etc. However, I discovered that Cornhill Group perform secretarial services for Homeground. Their number is 020 7939 8150. I spoke to a very efficient sounding lady who promised to pass my issue on to Homeground. Still no direct phone contact but may be an avenue in....
  • A_J_Todd
    A_J_Todd Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 March 2018 at 6:19PM
    Options
    I recently set up a STO to pay their biannual charges using my own deposit ISA account as their account details which was my total stupidity!!
    After some delay [6 months for the first, a few days for the second payment ]I had a severe message and a penalty of £75.
    I protested and received a nice message and a phone number for discussion. One further abject apology claiming stupidity and senility and a nice email waiving the penalty from Hannah.
    Perhaps they are changing?
  • jkon126
    Options
    I've read this entire forum and I have not seen one response to anyone asking about a time frame for an information pack to sell their flat. I'm in the same position. how long did it take in the end to get a response? TY!!
  • Hdabee
    Options
    Hello,

We've just been served a notice of legal action by JBL Solicitor on behalf of Homeground for late payment of rent, However we've never received any invoices or reminders since March 17 and are trying to demonstrate our good faith. They're now claiming a huge amount of money and we're disheartened by this situation and would like to resolve this matter directly with Homeground. If anyone has their phone number and a contact point, please let me know. Many thanks if you can assist.
  • Zabique
    Zabique Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 25 March 2018 at 8:57PM
    Options
    PLEASE HELP !
    I just came back from week holiday to find letter from HOMEGROUND with NOTICE OF LEGAL ACTION inside.
    It state that my account is now "severly" overdue and solicitors (JB Leich Solicitors LLP) will now be instructed to commence recovery proceedings and no further correspondence will be entered into by homeground.

I didn't receive any invoice since 27th July 2017(which was for property insurance).
    I have asked JB Leitch to email me copies of correspondence which they insist was sent to me:

- Invoice on 15th November 2017 for £250
    - reminder 26th January 2018 £250
    - 2nd reminder 14th February 2018 including £295 (£45 late fee)

- 16 March 2018 letter with NOTICE OF LEGAL ACTION and £395 to pay (£100+£45 late fees)
    + £222 that their Solicitors charge!

I didn't receive any letter/invoice from them between July 2017 and March 2018! only last one 4th letter on 16th March 2018

How can I prove I didn't receive 3 out of 4 letter!? why things like that are not signed for?!
    Their solicitors told me that it's my responsibility to contact Homeground and pay even if there was no correspondence delivered! Really?
    I'm hoping that someone here can guide me on what to do, I have never failed to pay bill in my life, they treat me like criminal!

PLEASE HELP!

According to JBleitch, Court will stand behind homeground. BUT!

My argument is that:

1. If Homeground sent 1 Invoice and 2 reminders first class and I didn't receive it, then how this can be my problem and why would I have to chase up Royal mail if THEY (homeground) paid for postage to be delivered - not me.

Seriously I can understand Royal mail could loose 1 letter perhaps 2, but 3? out of 4 ? this doesn't add up.

2. What would I even possibly gain by pretending not receiving them? I never had issues before paying.

3. They produced digital copies of all 4 letters (including missing ones), buy how can I trust that they are not forged? they could "make" them at any time. Even if it's outsourced to other company that sent them letters for them, then what guarantee do they have that letters were actually sent?

4. JBleitch say 1st class letter is "good enough is deemed as good service by courts", but hey looks like is NOT GOOD ENOUGH as some % of letter are not reaching their clients. Recorded of signed for would be 100% GOOD ENOUGH divorce papers are always signed for!

5. This smell like money making scam from miles.... in my honest opinion they could well be behind it on purpose.
  • ukprop
    Options
    Folks - I'm in the same boat as Zabique and others on this forum. We've just received a demand and 14-day forfeiture notice from JB Leitch on behalf of Homeground / Adriatic Lands 2 (GR2). We never received ANY information from either Homeground or AL2 when they purchased the freehold of our property; or any bills. In fact, since December 2017 we have been trying to find out who the freeholder is as we expected we were due a ground rent bill that we had not received and were specifically trying to avoid ending up in a situation like this. We have documentary evidence that we had tried to establish who the freeholder is and contacted the folks we were told were the freeholders (not home ground).

Interested if anyone is fighting JBL, do you already have a lawyer, have you received advice? Has anyone got in contact with Homeground directly?
  • Zabique
    Zabique Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 24 April 2018 at 9:55PM
    Options
    Hi,

We are not in the same situation, you have more evidence to back yourself up. In my case it was word against word. Them saying letters were sent and sending it first class is good enough VS me saying that we have never received 3 of 4 demands.

After sending multiple complaints to Homeground/JBL we have agreed to pay £222 legal fees to have peace of mind, other £150 admin fees were waived.

These people found them self money making machine, I bet they do it on purpose and their "evidence" in form of electronic copies of letters is worth poo imho.
    Some kind of government body should run full investigation on their practices.
    They should be forced to send all reminders RECORDED mail, :mad::mad::mad:

I F... HATE THEM PEOPLE !
  • Luna2018
    Options
    Hi All fellow sufferers.

I had exactly the same scenario re the ground rent due on my Manchester flat: A solicitors letter received last Fri 8th June saying that they had sent out 3 demands for payment of the £100.00 half-yearly ground rent, each incurring extra charges, and saying that I now owe £467.00!!!
    I did not receive any of these demands.

Having read about several other people in the same boat, I am willing to organise a group court action if anyone interested. I could just grudgingly pay the £467.00 but someone needs to STOP these charlatans fleecing honest home-owners and landlords.

What do you say?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport