Court success thread

Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fact of the Day

95% of people on this forum who started legal action against their airlines have succeeded in getting their compensation.
  • SueDerbyshire
    Options
    That's so good to hear for someone like me that is just about to set the process going.

Thanks for sharing all this information with us and collating it.

Sue
  • stavros42
    stavros42 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    Fact of the Day

95% of people on this forum who started legal action against their airlines have succeeded in getting their compensation.
    Moral of the story is NBA, 14 days notice then off to court no flaffing around.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks guys, cheering me up no end, the only loser in the pack... :( Only kidding :)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • zippy99
    zippy99 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Aww JPears I feel sad for you that you did not have success - seems unfair x

I maintain that every response I ever read the airline gave some details/cause of the fault - for me Virgin NEVER cited a cause. I was made redundant last week so the timing of this could not have been better. And even though Virgin have given the money they have never said what the actual issue was so always felt I had a case as no true defence was ever given.

The forums here empowered me to think I had a chance and am so pleased that I took action and tried - I know your comment is in jest but I truly feel for you that you were the unlucky one. I hope that if you appeal you will prosper.
  • southy1
    southy1 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    sent my nba to thomas cook on 10th now im waiting the 14days then county court
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Thanks guys, cheering me up no end, the only loser in the pack... :( Only kidding :)

If the cost of an appeal could be funded by a whip round amongst regulars, I would contribute ;)
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As would I - but I suspect JP may feel he's had his fill. But I think he was unlucky and has a good case: I'd be very, very surprised if another court thought otherwise. But there must surely be another lawyer prepared to take this on as a NWNF/pro bono test case?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    If the cost of an appeal could be funded by a whip round amongst regulars, I would contribute ;)

I seconded this some time ago - think JP has had enough and I don't blame him :)
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am mindful it could get awfully expensive. I've had a crack, Jet2 got lucky this time but I think their's and 2Birds smiles will disappear soon enough.
    Indeed a success has been noted the day after mine.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family