April 2013 Swagbucks Challenge

Options

Comments

• paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    One other thing - I notice that some people have been downloading some of the games and software from the offer walls. Please, please be careful. A lot of them are wrapped in adware and spyware which is often very difficult to get rid of. We've raised it with Swagbucks UK a number of times and they are trying to clean up the walls, but you do need to be careful what you download. A lot of the software (such as VLC player) is free in any case - ask yourself why an offer wall would give you swagbucks for downloading something which is readily available from the software producers for free. Even if you subsequently uninstall the software it can still leave the adware and spyware running on your computer.
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2013 at 2:41PM
    Options
    For some people this is just a way to make fun money, maybe for a present they want to give themselves, but for some Swagbucks is a necessary evil to pay off debts or buy stuff for the kids they wouldn't ordinarily have - being poor doesn't mean you can't want nice things! More power to them. Let's not get into the habit of invalidating others experiences by saying "don't take it so seriously"! Like I said, everyone has their reasons to be here, if we were all rich and famous we wouldn't be on this thread in the first place. ;)

RE: vid. The fact is this is a public forum, and if you want 'glitches' to keep haemorraging SBs you shouldn't shout them to the skies. Codes are a good idea, as are PMs. If we can decide on code-words democratically perhaps fairyclicks can add it to the first post. For those who object - I have made £6 with that video so far, on two websites, which will go towards paying my tuition. It's money I otherwise would not have had. Yes there are better ways to make money, but I have my reasons and so do you. Money is money and free money is even better, I think we can agree.

This is in no way a conspiracy to keep all the loot to those within a select circle out of greed. If newbies don't read the first post that is their own problem. I am sick of telling people what days the bonus comes in, maybe this will encourage some pre-reading before posting... Well there's always hope.

Sniping at each other gets us nowhere, it just increases the 'vid talk' and makes it even easier for strangers to identify the 'glitch'. We are all here for the same reason, let's stir up some feelings of unity, shall we?
  • milo72
    milo72 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    miwa wrote: »
    For some people this is just a way to make fun money, maybe for a present they want to give themselves, but for some Swagbucks is a necessary evil to pay off debts or buy stuff for the kids they wouldn't ordinarily have - being poor doesn't mean you can't want nice things! More power to them. Let's not get into the habit of invalidating others experiences by saying "don't take it so seriously"! Like I said, everyone has their reasons to be here, if we were all rich and famous we wouldn't be on this thread in the first place. ;)

RE: vid. The fact is this is a public forum, and if you want 'glitches' to keep haemorraging SBs you shouldn't shout them to the skies. Codes are a good idea, as are PMs. If we can decide on code-words democratically perhaps fairyclicks can add it to the first post. For those who object - I have made £6 with that video so far, on two websites, which will go towards paying my tuition. It's money I otherwise would not have had. Yes there are better ways to make money, but I have my reasons and so do you. Money is money and free money is even better, I think we can agree.

This is in no way a conspiracy to keep all the loot to those within a select circle out of greed. If newbies don't read the first post that is their own problem. I am sick of telling people what days the bonus comes in, maybe this will encourage some pre-reading before posting... Well there's always hope.

Sniping at each other gets us nowhere, it just increases the 'vid talk' and makes it even easier for strangers to identify the 'glitch'. We are all here for the same reason, let's stir up some feelings of unity, shall we?

And on that note I apologise for wording my original post in a confrontational way. I was exasperated reading post after post after post on it & mine was a knee-jerk reaction.

Miwa has said it SO much better........as have Paulshorse & Spiritwood...........especially regarding the fact that this is not pin money for some of us .
  • miwa
    Options
    milo72 wrote: »
    And on that note I apologise for wording my original post in a confrontational way. I was exasperated reading post after post after post on it & mine was a knee-jerk reaction.

Miwa has said it SO much better........as have Paulshorse & Spiritwood...........especially regarding the fact that this is not pin money for some of us .

I get frustrated too. I was quite disappointed that when the US Swagbucks rep was asking for opinions on how to improve the site on Facebook and no one from this thread participated, despite frequent promptings from myself and others. I felt very annoyed for a while about it - as it seems there is no end of moaning some days (from myself too!) but no one was willing to complain when it counted. A shame.

I also miss the old thread, talking in the wee small hours about gonads and Ken Fisher. And of course the infamous 'search win' banter!

Then again SB has been relegated from my top earner, and I have to concentrate on the best sites for making money unfortunately. We'll always have Paris...
  • loserface
    loserface Posts: 310 Forumite
    Options
    Actually I think you'll find that telling someone to "calm down" is the height of patronising.
    Well good for you.I'm sure Nick & co appreciate it.;)

It really doesn't compare to 'USE YOUR BRAINS!!11!!' and a sarcastic tone. Seriously.
    Thanks MSE!!
  • milo72
    Options
    miwa wrote: »
    I get frustrated too. I was quite disappointed that when the US Swagbucks rep was asking for opinions on how to improve the site on Facebook and no one from this thread participated, despite frequent promptings from myself and others. I felt very annoyed for a while about it - as it seems there is no end of moaning some days (from myself too!) but no one was willing to complain when it counted. A shame.

I also miss the old thread, talking in the wee small hours about gonads and Ken Fisher. And of course the infamous 'search win' banter!

Then again SB has been relegated from my top earner, and I have to concentrate on the best sites for making money unfortunately. We'll always have Paris...
    Yes,if I'm being honest I must admit that added to my own frustration. Very few (if any) on here responded to our efforts to get answers from SBs re the atrociously high targets for noobies that night and we were left fighting their corner alone on FB despite repeated requests for some input from people on here.

Anyway....what happened in Paris stays in Paris...........
  • miwa
    Options
    Anyway....what happened in Paris stays in Paris...........

They don't call it 'Gay Paris' for nothing.
  • miwa
    Options
    loserface wrote: »
    It really doesn't compare to 'USE YOUR BRAINS!!11!!' and a sarcastic tone. Seriously.

We are trying to calm the thread down, please don't incite another argument...
  • milo72
    Options
    loserface wrote: »
    Oh look,someone wants to see the in-fighting continue for whatever reason.

More "not reading " before bouncing in. Moved on............. Do keep up dear.
  • loserface
    loserface Posts: 310 Forumite
    Options
    I still don't think it's fair to keep glitches to a certain circle. That IS being elite.
    Everyone who is against it being posted are those who know they are automatically in that circle.
    Codes are much fairer but that hasn't been implemented.
    Thanks MSE!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport