April 2013 Swagbucks Challenge

Options

Comments

• Apple_Crumble
    Apple_Crumble Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    miwa wrote: »
    I get frustrated too. I was quite disappointed that when the US Swagbucks rep was asking for opinions on how to improve the site on Facebook and no one from this thread participated, despite frequent promptings from myself and others. I felt very annoyed for a while about it - as it seems there is no end of moaning some days (from myself too!) but no one was willing to complain when it counted. A shame.

People did participate but not you may not know it because you don't know everybody's facebook name. I recognised some people form here, a few of which even responded to my fb post.
  • milo72
    milo72 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    People did participate but not you may not know it because you don't know everybody's facebook name. I recognised some people form here, a few of which even responded to my fb post.
    Well done AC. Every comment that night was appreciated. Thank you.
  • miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options

I appreciate this Apple Crumble, but at the same time I *know* there were only 6-10 people in that discussion with the US rep because I was there throughout it. And I also know there are more than 6-10 people who use this thread regularly, let alone contribute to it. So thanks to everyone who did contribute, you are owed that much. But for those that didn't it was a shame, that's all.
  • loserface
    loserface Posts: 310 Forumite
    Options
    I don't even know what you're talking about anymore, Milo. I was never fighting, but I can comment a nonsensical remark when it's aimed at me.
    Thanks MSE!!
  • miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    loserface wrote: »
    I still don't think it's fair to keep glitches to a certain circle. That IS being elite.
    Everyone who is against it being posted are those who know they are automatically in that circle.
    Codes are much fairer but that hasn't been implemented.

No offence loserface, but did you even read my post? If we decided to use PMs (second-choice imo, codes are much better) we'd have a cohesive chain, I'd PM someone, they'd PM someone else, and that someone else would PM you. So calm down, no one is trying to exclude you.
  • loserface
    loserface Posts: 310 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2013 at 3:21PM
    Options
    No I didn't see that sorry, reading this on my iPhone full of nausea.
    But none of this has been implemented so I don't see why people are being angry and rude that it was posted.

This isn't about 'me' being excluded at all.
    Thanks MSE!!
  • milo72
    Options
    I still don't think it's fair to keep glitches to a certain circle. That IS being elite.
    Everyone who is against it being posted are those who know they are automatically in that circle.
    Codes are much fairer but that hasn't been implemented.

What "certain circle" would that be ?:cool:

It has been stated clearly that taking it to PMs is best. It isn't difficult to take 10 mins tops to PM all the users on here with something .How is that 'eliteist' when it includes all the usual suspects ?
  • milo72
    Options
    I don't even know what you're talking about anymore, Milo. I was never fighting, but I can comment a nonsensical remark when it's aimed at me.
    Yes you can indeed. That is your right. But had you read further you would have seen my general apology before feeling the need to re-ignite the whole thing.
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    miwa wrote: »
    I get frustrated too. I was quite disappointed that when the US Swagbucks rep was asking for opinions on how to improve the site on Facebook and no one from this thread participated, despite frequent promptings from myself and others. I felt very annoyed for a while about it - as it seems there is no end of moaning some days (from myself too!) but no one was willing to complain when it counted. A shame.

I also miss the old thread, talking in the wee small hours about gonads and Ken Fisher. And of course the infamous 'search win' banter!

Then again SB has been relegated from my top earner, and I have to concentrate on the best sites for making money unfortunately. We'll always have Paris...

I think there are probably two factors, Miwa, as to why the thread is not the same as it used to be. The first is the fact that a lot of the old members have disappeared and the second is that Swagbucks has gone downhill this year. These two things are undoubtedly related - as you say, if people are not earning from Swagbucks then they turn their allegiance elsewhere and so have no need to contribute to this thread. A lot of the new people on here probably don't know what it was like last year and their only experience with Swagbucks is the current situation which to them is normal. I would love to see this MSE thread return to the fun and slightly crazy place it was in the past with all the great banter and friendship but until Swagbucks make their site the top earner that it used to be then I think more and more people will migrate to other sites.

There is ample opportunity for people to express their opinions on facebook and directly to Nick, the UK Swagbucks rep, but if people don't speak out then Swagbucks will continue to think that everything is OK. Unfortunately you can't force people to voice their opinion, but there are some of us who are not afraid to speak out on behalf of others to try to make the site a better place for everyone. I know you, Miwa, Sam Spiritwood, Milo72, Cally and others have raised things with Nick in the past with good results and will continue to do so - that is to be applauded. Whether we can make a material difference is debatable but the more people who express their concerns and, indeed, give praise where due, then the better the chance of getting the site improved and getting everyone earning more.
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • milo72
    Options
    paulshorse wrote: »
    I think there are probably two factors, Miwa, as to why the thread is not the same as it used to be. The first is the fact that a lot of the old members have disappeared and the second is that Swagbucks has gone downhill this year. These two things are undoubtedly related - as you say, if people are not earning from Swagbucks then they turn their allegiance elsewhere and so have no need to contribute to this thread. A lot of the new people on here probably don't know what it was like last year and their only experience with Swagbucks is the current situation which to them is normal. I would love to see this MSE thread return to the fun and slightly crazy place it was in the past with all the great banter and friendship but until Swagbucks make their site the top earner that it used to be then I think more and more people will migrate to other sites.

There is ample opportunity for people to express their opinions on facebook and directly to Nick, the UK Swagbucks rep, but if people don't speak out then Swagbucks will continue to think that everything is OK. Unfortunately you can't force people to voice their opinion, but there are some of us who are not afraid to speak out on behalf of others to try to make the site a better place for everyone. I know you, Miwa, Sam Spiritwood, Milo72, Cally and others have raised things with Nick in the past with good results and will continue to do so - that is to be applauded. Whether we can make a material difference is debatable but the more people who express their concerns and, indeed, give praise where due, then the better the chance of getting the site improved and getting everyone earning more.
    Well said.
    And frankly if my name crops up in an "elite circle" who are prepared to put their heads above the parapet in challenging swagbucks dumping on noobies (among other things) then that suits me fine. At least we TRY to defend the noobies etc despite bringing Nick's ire down on us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure