April 2013 Swagbucks Challenge

Options

Comments

• loserface
    loserface Posts: 310 Forumite
    Options
    milo72 wrote: »
    Yes you can indeed. That is your right. But had you read further you would have seen my general apology before feeling the need to re-ignite the whole thing.

OK that's fair, but you had made that remark since and a matter doesn't end when just one person says so. Sorry.
    Thanks MSE!!
  • miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    loserface wrote: »
    No I didn't see that sorry, reading this on my iPhone full of nausea.
    But none of this has been implemented so I don't see why people are being angry and rude that it was posted.

This isn't about 'me' being excluded at all.

No probs - my tablet makes the text so tiny, it makes me feel like I'm falling forward, so I can relate.
  • miwa
    Options
    paulshorse wrote: »
    I think there are probably two factors, Miwa, as to why the thread is not the same as it used to be. The first is the fact that a lot of the old members have disappeared and the second is that Swagbucks has gone downhill this year. These two things are undoubtedly related - as you say, if people are not earning from Swagbucks then they turn their allegiance elsewhere and so have no need to contribute to this thread. A lot of the new people on here probably don't know what it was like last year and their only experience with Swagbucks is the current situation which to them is normal. I would love to see this MSE thread return to the fun and slightly crazy place it was in the past with all the great banter and friendship but until Swagbucks make their site the top earner that it used to be then I think more and more people will migrate to other sites.

There is ample opportunity for people to express their opinions on facebook and directly to Nick, the UK Swagbucks rep, but if people don't speak out then Swagbucks will continue to think that everything is OK. Unfortunately you can't force people to voice their opinion, but there are some of us who are not afraid to speak out on behalf of others to try to make the site a better place for everyone. I know you, Miwa, Sam Spiritwood, Milo72, Cally and others have raised things with Nick in the past with good results and will continue to do so - that is to be applauded. Whether we can make a material difference is debatable but the more people who express their concerns and, indeed, give praise where due, then the better the chance of getting the site improved and getting everyone earning more.

You have a very good point there paul. Several members who used to be regulars here went on to form other threads, such as Fairy's Magic Box, Dooyoo and the multi-site thread. If that isn't an indicator of where Swagbucks is going (the drain) then I don't know what is. Like many people here I use a lot of different sites (look at my fab new signature), so I am not too badly off, but I feel sorry for people who are loyal to Swagbucks honestly. Though it is their choice, of course. With the way Swagbucks is for a lot of us it's no wonder we want to preserve the glitch vids now, is it? ;)

Excellent point on FB. If you haven't already I would encourage you all to post there, no matter if you are an old member or a new.
  • milo72
    milo72 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    loserface wrote: »
    OK that's fair, but you had made that remark since and a matter doesn't end when just one person says so. Sorry.

Well,fill your boots arguing with yourself then ...........I'm off to Tesco to track down a chubby chicken for tomorrow's dinner. :)
  • miwa
    Options
    Bye milo xx
  • HelenDaveKids
    HelenDaveKids Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 20 April 2013 at 4:39PM
    Options
    Is this secret circle like the one in the fockers?

Think this thread is dead useful for SB newbies like myself but a little scary and shouty at times which makes me nervous to post.

Love the searches that people share, makes me really laugh at times.

Must say, have varying love for SB, yesterday seemed not worth the effort as time was short and managed far more elsewhere in a fraction of the time. Plus seemed to be DQ out of every survey I attempt at mo. Have little time for Toluna for the same reason, tending to if short of time, just do the stuff that will pay for sure.
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    How do you earn points on the games?

I thought it was points after every other game, but just played 4 games and didn't earn anything.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    juno wrote: »
    How do you earn points on the games?

I thought it was points after every other game, but just played 4 games and didn't earn anything.

It is usually every 2 games up to 10 sb a day but it can be hit or miss so I would give up and try again later and then you may get credited every games!

A couple of things: what has happened to the new people who were getting silly targets? Have they given up?

I didn't post on facebook about this as I am on facebook under my real name so didn't really want anyone to tie up my real name and my name on here so apologies but that was my reason (especially as I have posted in another thread about where I work)
  • miwa
    Options
    Is this secret circle like the one in the fockers?

Think this thread is dead useful for SB newbies like myself but a little scary and shouty at times which makes me nervous to post.

Love the searches that people share, makes me really laugh at times.

Must say, have varying love for SB, yesterday seemed not worth the effort as time was short and managed far more elsewhere in a fraction of the time. Plus seemed to be DQ out of every survey I attempt at mo. Have little time for Toluna for the same reason, tending to if short of time, just do the stuff that will pay for sure.

Hi Helen. We are not usually so aggressive but as a diverse thread we all have different views and opinions, and in a way it's great we can all share and discuss them, even if it gets scary and shouty, yeah. SB was a lot better last year but hopefully it will pick up again. I'd really like it if you could become apart of this thread, contribute and have a laugh (and a discussion sometimes), don't be afraid of us, really. :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope it picks up, the first two months of the year were great for me but they aren't going well now. But then I am focusing my efforts on other sites and seeing better returns than normal for my time so that is something...!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure