FREE Software Unlock For Nokia BB5 6630,6680,6681,N70,N71 N90 and N91

Options

Comments

• robotskin
    robotskin Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone who succeeded to unlock 6680 with DKU-5. When I connect DKU-5 to 6680, the phone said "enhancement not supported". Is this normal? 'cause I can't make the unlock work. The cable has a full set of pins.

any suggestions?

Thanks
  • g33za
    g33za Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    robotskin wrote: »
    Hi everyone who succeeded to unlock 6680 with DKU-5. When I connect DKU-5 to 6680, the phone said "enhancement not supported". Is this normal? 'cause I can't make the unlock work. The cable has a full set of pins.

any suggestions?

Thanks

I havent managed to unlock my 6680 yet, waiting for (ahem) another cable :rotfl:but from the sound of it your cable is possibly not an original nokia (which I believe should still be ok). Have you installed the software drivers? (I think should be prolific ones) that will then give you a virtual serial port. The serial port needs to be within the range 1-9 and then u need to edit the config file to reflect the right com port.
    ummm...
  • robotskin
    robotskin Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    g33za wrote: »
    I havent managed to unlock my 6680 yet, waiting for (ahem) another cable :rotfl:but from the sound of it your cable is possibly not an original nokia (which I believe should still be ok). Have you installed the software drivers? (I think should be prolific ones) that will then give you a virtual serial port. The serial port needs to be within the range 1-9 and then u need to edit the config file to reflect the right com port.

Thanks g33za, I believe it is not an original one. got it from ebay for 3quid. The problem is when I connect the cable to the 6680 (the other end is not connected to anywhere), the phone reports that error, which is really annoying.
  • PeteM
    PeteM Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    Got a DKU-5 cable from eBay (the sort that connects to a COM port)

Managing to READ PHONE, but there's an error after the initial stages of the backup phone step.

Have tried restarting the phone, but the error remains.

I get a "Enhancement not supported" message when connecting the cable, and I also found that the power button stopped working after the error - needed to remove the battery.
  • g33za
    Options
    OMG! YES I finally done it!

And it was very much a difficult procedure and for those about to try it please read this before possibily semi-bricking your phone. I installed the dku-5 clone drivers etc and it picked up the cable and assigned a com port to it. I read the phone, it showed the info blah blah and wrote the backup file in the associated backup folder (this is important).

Tried the make log and it gave an sp error and the phone rebooted.. tried again something about unable to save log... at this point i copied the backup file from the backup folder to a completely different location (just in case). I tried a few more times and (probably my fault) i ended up getting [SIZE=-1]SP Data IS corrupted error.

At this point my phone started showing contact retailer message!!!! [Panic starts coming in]... a quick google shows same errors experienced by other on the gsm forums and solutions pointing to either Phone back to Nokia Service centre or trying the backup file.

Now in the process of messing about with the phone (just want it unlocked) the backup file was overwritten by the now corrupt sp data so even the WR Backup function wasn't working. Putting the original 3 sim card in would bring up unvalid sim card error!!
    :mad:

This was all yesterday evening... at which point I left it thinking damn i'm gonna have to send back to the service centre and pay £20 quid or whatever it'll cost. This morning I remember I had the other backup I copied earlier, i checked the file contents and they were different.. so I copied the original back and did WR Backup, and the phone was restored (athough back to locked state). Tried reading phone again... reads fine, make log... error... then redid the WR Backup... all fine, Make log... successful!! did the calc.. success and finally unlock... success!!

What a relief!! and following that I also managed to debrand the phone too so now on firmware 5.04 with no crappy 3 branding and fully unlocked.. yes

In summary, READ PHONE, then copy the <imei>.bb5 file in the backup folder somewhere else as your original backup and possible overwrites from corrupted backups. It saved me from a semi-bricked phone.
    [/SIZE]
    robotskin wrote: »
    Thanks g33za, I believe it is not an original one. got it from ebay for 3quid. The problem is when I connect the cable to the 6680 (the other end is not connected to anywhere), the phone reports that error, which is really annoying.

Make sure you have installed the drivers and under device manager it has a com port between 1 and 9.
    ummm...
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Options
    OMG! YES I finally done it!

And it was very much a difficult procedure and for those about to try it please read this before possibily semi-bricking your phone. I installed the dku-5 clone drivers etc and it picked up the cable and assigned a com port to it. I read the phone, it showed the info blah blah and wrote the backup file in the associated backup folder (this is important).

Tried the make log and it gave an sp error and the phone rebooted.. tried again something about unable to save log... at this point i copied the backup file from the backup folder to a completely different location (just in case). I tried a few more times and (probably my fault) i ended up getting [SIZE=-1]SP Data IS corrupted error. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]At this point my phone started showing contact retailer message!!!! [Panic starts coming in]... a quick google shows same errors experienced by other on the gsm forums and solutions pointing to either Phone back to Nokia Service centre or trying the backup file. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Now in the process of messing about with the phone (just want it unlocked) the backup file was overwritten by the now corrupt sp data so even the WR Backup function wasn't working. Putting the original 3 sim card in would bring up unvalid sim card error!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]:mad:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]This was all yesterday evening... at which point I left it thinking damn i'm gonna have to send back to the service centre and pay £20 quid or whatever it'll cost. This morning I remember I had the other backup I copied earlier, i checked the file contents and they were different.. so I copied the original back and did WR Backup, and the phone was restored (athough back to locked state). Tried reading phone again... reads fine, make log... error... then redid the WR Backup... all fine, Make log... successful!! did the calc.. success and finally unlock... success!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]What a relief!! and following that I also managed to debrand the phone too so now on firmware 5.04 with no crappy 3 branding and fully unlocked.. yes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]In summary, READ PHONE, then copy the <imei>.bb5 file in the backup folder somewhere else as your original backup and possible overwrites from corrupted backups. It saved me from a semi-bricked phone.[/SIZE]

Make sure you have installed the drivers and under device manager it has a com port between 1 and 9.

can I send you my nokia 6280 then.........??????????????:D
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • Spikey_2
    Options
    found this for the 6280.... will this do it?

6280 dku-5 on ebay
  • g33za
    Options
    Spikey wrote: »
    found this for the 6280.... will this do it?

6280 dku-5 on ebay

I don't think the 6280 can be unlocked with this program!
    ummm...
  • Spikey_2
    Options
    I don't think the 6280 can be unlocked with this program!

any other way except going through 3.....?
  • g33za
    Options
    Spikey wrote: »
    any other way except going through 3.....?

Not at the moment, i guess it might not be long before someone figures out Dejan's (creater of BB5 unlocker) technique by reverse engineering his program, but then again maybe not? If your still in contract wait upto the last minute before asking for unlock code.
    ummm...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport