Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• ro1892
    ro1892 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi. Is there a way to see what is happening with a missing cashback claim? I had a purchase which did not track so raised a claim that was submitted to the retailer on 20th June 2023 but still haven't heard anything. Is it just a case of waiting or this there anything I can do to try and chase this?
  • Ozzig
    Ozzig Posts: 332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ro1892 said:
    Hi. Is there a way to see what is happening with a missing cashback claim? I had a purchase which did not track so raised a claim that was submitted to the retailer on 20th June 2023 but still haven't heard anything. Is it just a case of waiting or this there anything I can do to try and chase this?
    I think all you can do is send nudges so they know you're still waiting an answer.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fatbelly said:
    Just checked and it's working fine for me. Have you checked your spam for the password reset email?
    Hi Thank for reminder. I checked it on the spam email box, indeed it is there.
    I will try that again.
  • ZZ_von_Schnerk
    Options
    Hey Everyone 

I hope you are all having a tremendous Thursday :smile:

@ZZ_von_Schnerk - We do see members make a few more searches for the best deal before visiting our site to click through and make a purchase which can leave cookies on the web browser that can hop in front of our information from being tracked when a purchase is made.

To help with cashback tracking we would advise to try disabling any adblockers, cookie blockers and pop up blockers as well as close all web tabs and apps. Please then clear cookies and cache for every visit to our site or app. If you are asked to accept cookies on a retailers site please click to accept all as this can help. 

Best wishes 
    Phil :smile:
    I work in IT, I know about all the above. Strange how I always get issues where the payout is £30 or more and never of the small amounts despite following the same procedures.
  • Ozzig
    Options
    Hey Everyone 

I hope you are all having a tremendous Thursday :smile:

@ZZ_von_Schnerk - We do see members make a few more searches for the best deal before visiting our site to click through and make a purchase which can leave cookies on the web browser that can hop in front of our information from being tracked when a purchase is made.

To help with cashback tracking we would advise to try disabling any adblockers, cookie blockers and pop up blockers as well as close all web tabs and apps. Please then clear cookies and cache for every visit to our site or app. If you are asked to accept cookies on a retailers site please click to accept all as this can help. 

Best wishes 
    I work in IT, I know about all the above. Strange how I always get issues where the payout is £30 or more and never of the small amounts despite following the same procedures.
    If it's any consolation I have issues with < £1 amounts. The same retailers cleared everything or cleared nothing first random outcome.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Everyone 

I hope you are all having a thriving Thursday :smile: 

@rol1892 - The missing cashback claim process can vary in timeframe with the average of 12 weeks for resolutions to be reached with the affiliate network for a retailer. If you would like us to take a closer look please drop us an email at mse@topcashback.co.uk 

@ZZ_von_Schnerk and @Ozzig - We would advise to try our help page on tracking as our team have gathered tips from affiliate networks and from experience to help members who have tracking issues https://www.topcashback.co.uk/help/how-can-i-make-sure-i-receive-my-cashback/. If you have any issues after trying this please reach out to us at mse@topcashback.co.uk and we can take a deeper dive to help. 

Best wishes 

Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Ozzig
    Options
    Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply, I've had both success and failure having done and not done all the steps in the link, across multiple devices of differing types.

When I log tickets the guys are always friendly and helpful, but basically say the same thing, directing me to the list.

Does the team have a league table of the retailers with the largest % of logged tickets per purchase to start deep diving into?

At the moment, if I were looking at a major purchase and had to choose between TCB with a 20% cashback or a non-TCB retailer with a 10% discount the latter wins out every time.

For all the day-to-day stuff I'm happy to click through TCB as the odd 20p that doesn't track here or there isn't the end of the world.

Thanks.

Options
    Hey Everyone 

Hope you are all having a melody filled Monday :smile:

@Ozzig -We do have teams that check on the wider tracking of cashback and they would investigate any unfairness of issues before taking action if needed. 

We do see cashback as an alternative to help members save on their shopping and we would advise to try our help page advice as this has helped members in the past who have had tracking issues. If you have further issues please drop us an email and we can investigate to see how further we can help with tracking 

Best wishes 
    Phil 
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Saveafewpounds
    Saveafewpounds Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 16 November 2023 at 11:38AM
    Options
    Well I hope others don't have the experience I have with Topcashback. I signed in and tested out a few of the flashbacks, minor ones and all gave cash back...a grand total of just over £5.

Then I used the site to get cash back for HSBC Advanced Account, where they were to pay cash back to Topcashback, and to my account.

I started the account, complied with everything, and luckily took precaution of doing a screen image.

However no cash back, so communicated with them, and where the transaction date from their own files showed the transaction, but where the reply was that I hear back by 2024.

Wasn't too pleased with this, and a day later went on to the site....NO SIGN OF THE TRANSACTION!

Luckily I had screen images showing I contacted HSBC via Topcashback, timed and dated, corresponding to a text message from HSBC thanking me for opening the account, which coincides precisely with the screen image.

I note the caveats on their site about things not necessarily working right, but when something is DELETED, it does send a worrying message. Had no reply, even though I've sent screen images, and even text messages from HSBC. HSBC replied nicely saying I'd get their cash back if qualifying, but there was additional cash back via Topcashback that I've not had a reply about even with evidence beyond any doubt.
    Options
    Hi Everyone 

I hope you are all having a talented Thursday :smile:

@Saveafewpounds - If cashback has not tracked to your TopCashback account within seven days after the completion of the purchase or application we would need to go through the missing cashback claim process. 

The missing cashback claims process can take an estimated 12 weeks after the affiliate network has received the claim for the review which would be after any validation periods have passed. This timeframe can vary and our team do update claims with all the information they receive from the affiliate network the moment this is passed to them. 

If you would like us to check over anything on your account please drop us an email at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes 
    Phil 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback