Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi mamabuddah,

Thanks for understanding where we are coming from. To clear this up a bit more (which may help in explaining why we appear limited in our knowledge for issues like this) all the tracking, validation and things like that are through the cashback network. We are simply the publishers of the links. The payment process is therefore mainly between the cashback network and the merchant, they provide invoices and things like that. We do of course have some leeway amongst this system and get involved where we can but this should help in explaining that we don't work directly with the merchant.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 June 2016 at 3:42PM
    Options
    hence my statement ARGOS are rip off merchants and TCB can do nothing for their customers even when they follow ALL procedures to the letter, get transactions confirmed by TCB yet still get ripped off.

That's probably why you see me post the words ARGOS, RIPOFF and TopCashback so much, then it gets picked up by search engines when people search for TopCashback ARGOS and RIPOFF and people will see just exactly what is going on... @Matt, if you check back you've already admitted it's basically ARGOS that have ripped me off.

@matt here's what you said in post #2480

@mamabuddah - Your issue is that Argos hasn't paid us the outstanding funds.

ARGOS = RIPOFF MERCHANTS
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • BNYH
    BNYH Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone else had issues with Top Cash Back? Been waiting for my claim to become payable since October 2015!.

I email and complain yet they fob me off saying 'their chasing it and will get back to me' but I never hear anything from them.

Any suggestion on next steps to take ?
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,100 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 28 June 2016 at 7:14PM
    Options
    mamabuddah I think what TCB are trying to say is that they have limited ability - that its client aka "the merchant" pays out the cashback that has been promoted/advertised on its behalf and based on what I have read on this thread/merchant reviews etc TCB appear to take absolutely no responsibilty when cashback offers that it promotes/advertises on behalf of its clients aka merchants when either no payment is forthcoming or only as is your case only part of the advertised/promoted cashback is forthcoming

I dont know if you used to read the now defunct TCB forum basically there were two apparent main active parts of it.

1. TCB telling its members about its TV advertising campaigns which often featured "real members" who didnt appear to be cashback savvy

2. TCB members in increasingly greater numbers chasing up their cashback and getting paid by contacting the merchants direct.- albeit missing out on "topups" - TCB members again in increasing numbers expressed intent/ willingness to initiate small claims court claims.....

I think what I am trying to put across to you as well as other non payment cashback "victims" is to consider what is regarded as a reasonable amount of time for promoted/advertised cashback to be paid, once that time has passed to contact the merchant direct and in the event that full advertised/promoted cashback is still not forthcoming in the words of Ofcom to me "consider legal action"

"Thank you for contacting Ofcom on 28 June 2016. I was sorry to read of the problems you have had with the cashback offered by Plusnet.

From your correspondence it appears that you are unhappy Plusnet have refused a cashback payment despite you signing up for the service which would have triggered the concerned payment.

A customer having problems obtaining a cashback payment agreed at the point of sale can be a form of mis-selling. This is something Ofcom is committed to tackling. In order to ensure consumers are protected, we have regulations which providers must follow when selling their services.

Although we cannot get involved in individual complaints, we formally record all cases of mis-selling and if we see evidence that a provider is breaching our regulations, we can investigate them.

As you feel that Plusnet should honour the cashback agreed, I would recommend following their Code of Practice which you can find at:

http://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-code-of-practice/

If you are unable to resolve your dispute with Plusnet, it can be submitted to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. I can see that you have already approached CISAS, if they are unable to consider your dispute, or you are unhappy with their ruling, you can consider legal action.

I hope the information provided will assist you in resolving your dispute"
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    On the subject of Plusnet, looking at TCB/Plusnet reviews I couldnt help noticing that some TCB members have reported they have only been paid in some cases 1/3 ish of tracked/promoted/advertised values.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/plusnet_broadband/reviews/1 - sort by Date newest first - scroll down
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

@BNYH - do you mind dropping me an email at mse@topcashback.co.uk ? I will certainly check over everything to see if there is anything further we can do for you at this time.

To clear up the comments on special offers. Of course I can't speak on individual cases as I can't be sure of the details. However, going by the comments presented this appears to apply to special offers advertised on the merchant's site directly such as 'buy today get £xxx cashback or a £xxx voucher.

This marketing is very different to commission offered to a company for referring a purchase. As a cashback site all we are doing is passing on the commission to our members if we are eligible for it and are paid it. This is why you see the cashback available on our site and you actually purchase from the merchant directly which is on their own site.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • theblagger
    theblagger Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    BNYH wrote: »
    Has anyone else had issues with Top Cash Back? Been waiting for my claim to become payable since October 2015!.

I email and complain yet they fob me off saying 'their chasing it and will get back to me' but I never hear anything from them.

Hi I had cash back from a purchase last Sept 2015, it will come, but they can only pay when they get the cash, plus always remember its not a given right that it will pay out , I am not sticking up for TCB, I also had problems but they did get resolved in the end , and I would still rate them above quidco
    I refer to my byline below ...

Ad hominem
    An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.
  • fanlight
    fanlight Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    BNYH wrote: »

Yes, not quite as bad as yours, mine is from early January 2016

Took out a motorcycle policy with Bennetts.

At the time it said they had received their last payment in December for policies sold in October.

Fair enough, I thought. 2-3 months after taking out the policy they will get the money, which allows Bennetts to ensure the policy isn't cancelled as soon as it is taken out.

Cashback tracked, and then nothing until earlier this month.

Now it says TCB have received their last payment in June for policies taken out in April.

Well I took mine out in January, and all they have done is changed tracked to confirmed.

It says they are still waiting to receive payment, but it says oin their website they have had payment for policies taken out as recently as April.

Anyway, they say it could be another 14 weeks before they are in a position to pay me.

Wish I'd have used Quidco now. Might have missed out on a few pennies but at least I wouldn't be expected to wait 8-9 months before the cashback became payable.
  • bristolleedsfan
    edited 30 June 2016 at 1:23PM
    Options
    Hi mamabuddah,

We are simply the publishers of the links.

Misrepresentation Act 1967. -

"Making a fraudulent claim to induce sale, service or contract is a criminal act."

So my question is what is a reasonable delay mamabuddah and others not receiving full advertised/promoted cashback for his/her/their Argos purchase made via TCB exclusive/enhanced cashback offer/promoting/advertising link before it becomes misrepresentation and by default UKC Systems Ltd are committing a criminal act.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/induce

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=70866607&postcount=2590
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

@theblagger - Thank you for sharing your experience with other members of the forum. We do try our best to get everything sorted as smoothly as possible and in nearly all cases it does happen that way. We are also always working to improve this and the systems in place for when things don't go to plan.

@fanlight - We do display stats for last payment. However, this is to give members an idea of what transactions we have been paid for, it wont necessarily mean all transactions have been paid for and this is due to the batching process that is used in the payment of commission. Nevertheless, I will be happy to look into this further for you. All you need to do is drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk

bristolleedsfan - While we appreciate other members helping each other out on this question and answer forum. I don't believe it is fair to make such strong accusations on the basis on comments made on a question and answer forum. If you have an issue with your own account I will be happy to help you further but would appreciate it if you could allow us to help all our members in the same way in reference to their own account and in line with how we would react no matter which media a member used to get in touch.

Best wishes,
    Matt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback