Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    :mad:Dear TCB, yet again, we are back where we were about a year ago - not ONE of your cashback requests is working. I now have 7 untracked claims going on, where these should have happily passed the test and most are for August with one earlier. It is no good saying that some merchants take months as you already state that cashback will show in the pending section within days in your blurb. Can you chase up why this isnt showing again? I have done all the suggestions you said and it WAS working up until 2 months ago - nothing changed my end - so it has to be your system. WHY?:(
    Carh:A
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a fantastic bank holiday - even if it was rainy.

@nishnosh – I can understand your concern however I would like to explain that issues like this would have been investigated very closely as we do take member security extremely seriously.

The technology needed to set up a link that not only links to a webpage, but also remembers log in data is extremely complex and is certainly not possible with the basic links we have used for our Tell a Friend system. Each and every one of our Tell a Friend links work in exactly the same way and so the issue you believe to be happening would affect other members and this does not appear to be happening.

With all of this assurance however, I would like to make sure every area has been covered. Therefore if you send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will certainly look at your Support Tickets and make sure this has been fully investigated for you.

@legendkiller2k8 – It does sound to me as though the merchant or the cashback network accidentally confirmed your transaction and then declined it. If you would email me the details for this transaction to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will definitely look into this for you.

@carh – I do understand why on the face of things you may believe that the tracking issues are down to our site however, I would like to clarify the tracking for you. As a website we do not track transactions and many merchants use different cashback networks. Although your device has not changed, there are lots of inner workings of technology and many things might have triggered your tracking issues such as an update to your device or web browser.

Some keys things to remember are to clear your cookies and cache before logging in, as well as disable any adblockers you have installed. You may also find that using a different web browser may help you.

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a fantastic bank holiday - even if it was rainy.

@nishnosh – I can understand your concern however I would like to explain that issues like this would have been investigated very closely as we do take member security extremely seriously.

The technology needed to set up a link that not only links to a webpage, but also remembers log in data is extremely complex and is certainly not possible with the basic links we have used for our Tell a Friend system. Each and every one of our Tell a Friend links work in exactly the same way and so the issue you believe to be happening would affect other members and this does not appear to be happening.

With all of this assurance however, I would like to make sure every area has been covered. Therefore if you send me an email to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] I will certainly look at your Support Tickets and make sure this has been fully investigated for you.

@legendkiller2k8 – It does sound to me as though the merchant or the cashback network accidentally confirmed your transaction and then declined it. If you would email me the details for this transaction to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] I will definitely look into this for you.

@carh – I do understand why on the face of things you may believe that the tracking issues are down to our site however, I would like to clarify the tracking for you. As a website we do not track transactions and many merchants use different cashback networks. Although your device has not changed, there are lots of inner workings of technology and many things might have triggered your tracking issues such as an update to your device or web browser.

Some keys things to remember are to clear your cookies and cache before logging in, as well as disable any adblockers you have installed. You may also find that using a different web browser may help you.

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    It's been that long i no longer have the info i will just mark down simply switch as a rogue merchant and will not be doing business with them again, i will also be warning my friends and family about them too, aswell as warning folk across social media.
    Pity as my 12 month contract for electricity and insurance is up this month think i'll stick to uswitch as they have always paid up.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    im also having trouble with tracking, not had a problem but in august nothing has tracked , i now have 5 claims

i always use a separate browser(IE) and clear cookies etc

i have however installed windows 10, any problems that you know of ?
  • carh
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    im also having trouble with tracking, not had a problem but in august nothing has tracked , i now have 5 claims

i always use a separate browser(IE) and clear cookies etc

i have however installed windows 10, any problems that you know of ?

Deanos, you are having the same problem as me and I find this interesting that we both have had issues with this for the whole of August. So this cannot be just a glitch in my system. Matt from TCB, I appreciate you replying but saying that there could be hidden updates , Windows 10 issues etc is actually saying that your cashback system cannot cope with the slightest glitch , hidden or otherwise, and consequently, at ANY given time, our cashback will fail to work through no fault of our own. This is down to YOUR programmers being good enough to have a decent system in place to avoid these issues - other companies seem to do it. So your excuses sound just that - excuses. So now we all have to put in claims, wait months on end, just to see IF we are lucky enough to get the cashback that should have been tracked in the first place:(
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It's the middle of the week already!

@Legendkiller2k8 - I am very sorry to hear that as it may have been something we could help overturn. I can’t force you to allow me to help you but if you do change your mind please do let me know through email.

@deanos - There are no issues we are aware of with Windows 10 and tracking. It may be worth double checking the settings on your set up however to make sure cookies get enabled. It is also worth checking the settings on your ant virus as firewall settings etc may not allow tracking to take place.

@carh – I would like to clear tracking up a bit more. As explained in an earlier response TopCashback does not track transaction. This is not our role our role is the receiver of the cashback. The same tracking process and tracking cashback networks we believe are used for different cashback sites. When a merchant decides to offer cashback they join a cashback tracking network. The cashback site then has to ask the tracking network if it can advertise the cashback on the site. The behind the scenes working of tracking etc. we believe is the same. Therefore tracking issues or the way your device interacts with the tracking network is something not within out control I am afraid.

If it was possible to guarantee tracking this is something we certainly would be interested in as we do understand member frustration when something doesn't track right. While people often assume it is the cashback site that is liable for tracking issues I can assure you this is not the case.

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It's the middle of the week already!

@Legendkiller2k8 - I am very sorry to hear that as it may have been something we could help overturn. I can’t force you to allow me to help you but if you do change your mind please do let me know through email.

@deanos - There are no issues we are aware of with Windows 10 and tracking. It may be worth double checking the settings on your set up however to make sure cookies get enabled. It is also worth checking the settings on your ant virus as firewall settings etc may not allow tracking to take place.

@carh – I would like to clear tracking up a bit more. As explained in an earlier response TopCashback does not track transaction. This is not our role our role is the receiver of the cashback. The same tracking process and tracking cashback networks we believe are used for different cashback sites. When a merchant decides to offer cashback they join a cashback tracking network. The cashback site then has to ask the tracking network if it can advertise the cashback on the site. The behind the scenes working of tracking etc. we believe is the same. Therefore tracking issues or the way your device interacts with the tracking network is something not within out control I am afraid.

If it was possible to guarantee tracking this is something we certainly would be interested in as we do understand member frustration when something doesn't track right. While people often assume it is the cashback site that is liable for tracking issues I can assure you this is not the case.

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    If i still had the ref number etc i would of emailed it to you matt but i sadly do not have this information anymore but no loss to me it's Simply switch who will lose out in the long run not me. I've already reported them to the obudsman.
  • carh
    Options
    So...we are back to the same old excuses from TCB that I suffered earlier this year. TCB have refused to pay out on a Bells Shoes purchase saying it is Bells who have refused it. I have today rung Bells shoes and got categorical proof that it is the CASHBACK site who do this and refuse, not the seller. Someone is lying, and as I have also rung other companies in the past and spoken to several people in each firm who ALL say it is a the cashback site refusing to pay out (and making excuses that it is the retailer), who do you think I now believe? I am disgusted by this, it certainly appears that TCB may be pocketing the cash back rather than passing on regardless of TCB saying they never do this, but what else are we supposed to think? My purchase was only £37.95, it would not break the bank for you to pay out the meagre amount owing yet you have refused. Appalling!
    Options
    Hi @legendkiller2k8 and @carh,

@legendkiller2k8 – I am sorry to hear you don’t have the information :( I do hope future transactions track and get paid for as we would expect.

@carh – This is why we tell members not to speak to the merchant about cashback. We hear many times from people who have said they have spoken to the merchant and they have told them something incorrect and this does cause frustration for all parties.

It is not in our interest to decline transactions, I am not too sure how a business would grow making people unhappy intentionally and this is why we don’t do this and do pay the cashback if and when we get it from the merchant. I would not tell you this if it was not true.

I can categorically explain that TopCashback will not decline your transaction unless we have heard back from the cashback network to tell us that the cashback was not eligible. The cashback network tracks all transactions and if it tracks to a cashback site but that cashback site isn't eligible for the cashback they will decline it. This results in TopCashback getting £0 for your transaction. I am sorry to hear you are getting contradictory information about this but I can only confirm what happens from our end.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • legendkiller2k8
    legendkiller2k8 Posts: 190 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 3 September 2015 at 1:13PM
    Options
    Hi @legendkiller2k8 and @carh,

@legendkiller2k8 – I am sorry to hear you don’t have the information :( I do hope future transactions track and get paid for as we would expect.

@carh – This is why we tell members not to speak to the merchant about cashback. We hear many times from people who have said they have spoken to the merchant and they have told them something incorrect and this does cause frustration for all parties.

It is not in our interest to decline transactions, I am not too sure how a business would grow making people unhappy intentionally and this is why we don’t do this and do pay the cashback if and when we get it from the merchant. I would not tell you this if it was not true.

I can categorically explain that TopCashback will not decline your transaction unless we have heard back from the cashback network to tell us that the cashback was not eligible. The cashback network tracks all transactions and if it tracks to a cashback site but that cashback site isn't eligible for the cashback they will decline it. This results in TopCashback getting £0 for your transaction. I am sorry to hear you are getting contradictory information about this but I can only confirm what happens from our end.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Hope so @matt i have a huge shopping reciept from Asda so hoping some cashback will be available with that via click n snap :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback