Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

@justlooking2012, I am sorry to hear that you do not use the site anymore, but if you do choose to come back at all, then I am happy to be of help with any questions that you may have.

@B_M, I can assure you that we do stand by our fair play policy and this is looked into on a case by case basis.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • siwatkins
    Options
    I have noticed that very very few transactions track now with TCB. More don't, than do. I have half a dozen claims open and am finding I have to watch like a hawk. I moved from Quidco to TCB a few years ago because of TCB's higher cash back, no fee and reliable tracking. I'm now getting very distrustful of TCB as I have to raise a claim on almost everything, claims get declined, claims get ignored and sometimes you can't even raise a claim because their system doesn't record the track for you to claim against. Yet all works fine on their test tracking! I don't use Adblock either. And some, very few, transactions go through fine (usually the very low value ones!). So I've started to go back to Quidco now. They aren't 100% reliable either, but having to chase 1 or 2 transactions in ten, is better than having to chase 8 out of ten with TCB. For low value ones, it's not worth stressing over, but for some, it's a significant influencer on the purchase,

I'm currently annoyed about a phone contract I bought with TCB through CPW. I ordered two. One on a day with lower TCB - worked fine, one on a day with significantly higher TCB (£69). Didn't track. Go figure? Definitely a huge influencer as to where I purchased as I would have gone through Quidco but for the level TCB were offering. Lesson learned.
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • JustLikeThat
    Options
    Do you think sending nudges to TCB helps or are they ignored and exist like a placebo for irritated customers? After 11 months of sending nudges and messages I eventually got cashback for Churchill car insurance. I am now chasing a modest amount for a Netflights trip paid for in February. Is it worth sending a nudge every day to get attention?
    Options
    Hi,

@siwatkins, this may be down to your cookies so I would suggest maybe clearing these just before you click through to purchase, this is because the use of any search engines, unauthorised voucher codes, or having several tabs open when purchasing can cause your transaction to be attributed to another marketing channel. I hope that this helps!

@JustLikeThat, we do not respond to nudges, these are there to help indicate what areas need our attention, if you do have a question regarding your claim though, you can always post this to your claim thread. Please be aware that we may not always have regular updates to provide as we do rely on this information being received from the merchant via their network, but we will always update you as soon as any information is received.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JustLikeThat
    Options
    Samantha
    I know you don't reply to nudges but I wondered whether a daily nudge would cause someone to act rather than wait - on the basis that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Messages are simply met with a reply that TCB is waiting for the company to respond. Perhaps a regular reminder to the company would help rather than it just being left in their lap.
    Options
    Hi JustLikeThat,

A nudge everyday would not bring a quicker resolution to your claim I'm afraid, the process for these can be long which I do apologise for, but we do have to follow set channels for a resolution. If a claim is not resolved within the estimated time frame, then these are queried further on an individual basis with the network and when we do have any further information, we will always be sure to update you via your claim thread. If you would like, I would be happy to take a look into your claim for you and see what status this is at and you can email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk with the merchant name and transaction date if so.

I hope that you have a good weekend!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
  • robmar0se
    robmar0se Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 December 2014 at 11:08AM
    Options
    I tried to ask TCB a question via their website, but frankly they don't answer questions, just reply with any old boiler plate answer - totally irrelevant and nothing to do with my question.

So I will ask it here again and see if we get a better answer.

I bought a telly via TCB from Currys on 26th Sept it tracked but is still pending. Currys are supposed to be a faster payer - 7 weeks they say to receiving the cashback. Its now 10 weeks and still pending - doesn't sound right.

The answer from TCB was totally useless, they just said wait and see. Its this sort of thing in conjunction with the closing of their forums indicate they are trying hard to reduce the overhead involved in dealing with issues. The response that says they can better help via the support tickets is in my experience totally untrue.

Had a second reply from TCB this morning, it was another unhelpful boiler plate response - its so frustrating - it just appears that they don't read the submissions.
  • dantheram1985
    Options
    Hi all,

Joined TCB on Friday followed all the instructions and went ahead and made a purchase - unfortunately my transaction didn't track so I've had to raise a claim.

I have 10 clicks to the sale site recorded, all before the transaction and only used the pop up provided by TCB.

What are the chances of me getting my cash back?
  • kaveish
    Options
    Hi,

I'm currently out of contract on BT standard broadband and have been trying to get a decent price from BT for upgrading to infinity.

Does anyone know if I can get cashback when upgrading as an existing customer?

Quidco states:
    Important things to know:
    New customers only
    Cashback is paid for all customers purchasing a brand new package. Existing BT customers who regrade a current package will only be eligible for cashback on the new add-on element, if cashback is offered on the particular product at the time.

Top CashBack states:
    Customers moving home and continuing an existing BT contract will not be eligible for cashback

The best prices I have so far are (with £169.90/yr line rental):

Infinity 2 (by phone) - £20/mo, £6.95 install, 18mo contract = £34.54/mo
    Infinity 1 (online) - £23/mo, £10 for 6mo, £36.95 install, 18mo contract = £34.88/mo

Unfortunately moving home has left me with 7 months left on my phone line contract resulting in an £80 charge if I move to another provider. This, along with wanting BT sport, makes other providers less competitive.

I don't care whether I get Infinity 1 or 2, whichever works out cheaper. If I can get cashback, the online deal is best, if not I may as well take the phone deal.

Thanks!
  • kaveish
    Options
    Hi,

I'm currently out of contract on BT standard broadband and have been trying to get a decent price from BT for upgrading to infinity.

Does anyone know if I can get cashback when upgrading as an existing customer?

Quidco states:
    Important things to know:
    New customers only
    Cashback is paid for all customers purchasing a brand new package. Existing BT customers who regrade a current package will only be eligible for cashback on the new add-on element, if cashback is offered on the particular product at the time.

Top CashBack states:
    Customers moving home and continuing an existing BT contract will not be eligible for cashback

The best prices I have so far are (with £169.90/yr line rental):

Infinity 2 (by phone) - £20/mo, £6.95 install, 18mo contract = £34.54/mo
    Infinity 1 (online) - £23/mo, £10 for 6mo, £36.95 install, 18mo contract = £34.88/mo

Unfortunately moving home has left me with 7 months left on my phone line contract resulting in an £80 charge if I move to another provider. This, along with wanting BT sport, makes other providers less competitive.

I don't care whether I get Infinity 1 or 2, whichever works out cheaper. If I can get cashback, the online deal is best, if not I may as well take the phone deal.

Thanks!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure