Farmfoods, more bargains.

Options

Comments

• happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i think your DD may hit on with some of the food if she tends to do meat and 2 veg type dinners.

I cook from scratch and find that they have a massive range of frozen veg that are good for adding to casseroles or bolognaise etc.

Bread and milk are also cheap and the last time I was there their packs of fresh chicken breasts etc looked decent and were quite cheap.

I tend to go when I visit a friend, she buys the 3 for £10 chickens and says they are lovely but I never have enough room in the freezer.

Branded ice creams and ice lollies are much much cheaper if she buys these as a treat. I tend to buy a couple of boxes when I go as we like to have a Magnum/Solero/Mars etc after our Sunday lunch

They also have big trays of cans of pop quite cheap but I dont buy these think thy are about £6 for 24 cans.

Toilet rolls and kitchen rolls are Nicky, they are cheap and good quality
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    today i bought huge Nicky kitchen rolls 4 for £2 - very good value

also heinz 342g tomato ketchup with chilli (yummy) 39p
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    For anyone in N.E.Wales, Farmfoods in Mold is opening a new store on Wed 18th Dec. The current Mold store is closing and stock is not being moved to new premises. All stock in old store will be sold off with 50% discount on Tues 17th starting (so I have been told) at 6 a.m.
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I know it's not "real" cream, but I quite like it :) and it's the best price I've seen. Whips well too - perfect to dollop on mince pies! (or hot chocolate, Xmas pud, trifle, cake, pies........:o)
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    850ml bottles Ribena plus cordials all flavours 69p
  • flutterbymum
    Options
    This is Galaxy milk chocolate,a 200 gram bar for 19p. Best before 5/1/14.These were in the Southend-on-Sea branch. :)
  • Jazzy_B
    Jazzy_B Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Options
    Just popped to the one in Ayr and got 6 galaxy bars. Still plenty left. Thanks flutterbymum :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sheilavw wrote: »
    850ml bottles Ribena plus cordials all flavours 69p

Thanks for the tip off. It does look a bit odd (very pinky for a blackcurrant flavour) but an excellent price and I'm sure it will taste just fine.

Did a bit of a stock up on my usual FF bits while I was there. Noticed that frozen leeks are on 3kg for £2 again so excellent value. Sadly freezers are full at the moment.:(
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    Sadly haven't seen the cheap Galaxy bars in my local (Dumfries), but got Lucozade Melonade 500ml bottles (PM 95p) at 5 for £1.
  • keef149
    keef149 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Popped into my local Farmfoods shop and noticed this deal, after some research online I bought a box which cost £19.95.

Online its coming in at roughly £30.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure