We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sundays are generally !!!! in hospitals, not much happens, no buses. pah

The treatment is extensive and can make you so tired from what I have read.

Rest is the only answer so it is probably better you came home as that means he will rest.

Big hugs XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    What Buffy says from me too :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are worried but glad the consultant is aware of it. Hope he is brighter tomorrow.

I know it's easier said than done but I hope you sleep well tonight Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    And so the roller coaster continues SA, hope Mr SA picks up soon. Can't imagine how hard it is for you x
    x x x
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I feel for both of you, you have to look after yourself as well, especially as winter is approaching. Big Hugs.xx
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • tunathe_cat
    Options
    Hello SA family - love reading your posts feel part of cyber family...
    just lost reply... type again........

Eeek to mouse I believe fly lady is setting the cat up .. cat is innocent!

I am taking hubby for MOT at oxford hospital today 80 mile round trip. Mri for brain its the waiting for results nightmare we have no future appointment so will be on tender hooks for phone call or have to chase fo r results and feel you are bothering hospital!
    Did not sleep last night worrying for if buts maybes

Glad hospital thinking of rehab before discharging hubby. Try and have some relax me time in between work and hospital runs
    take care Andrea xx
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Robin - 30 Day Shred is an exercise DVD. 3 minutes cardio 3 minutes strength 2 minutes abs repeated 3 times. Start at level 1 and progress to level 3 over 30 days. It's hard but quick and effective and if you stick with it it does get easier (honest!). Re steps - I have a pedometer which I put in my sock or pocket if not wearing socks. It's pretty accurate. 15000 steps a day is pretty average for me as I walk everywhere. I try to walk to work every day (3 miles) unless it's raining.

Thanks for the explanation, Sun.A; hardly surprising I'd never heard of 30 Day Shred - it's obviously a programme for folk who are healthy to start with (reckon I'd fail after the first three minutes of level one, lol)!
    Might be tempted by a pedometer though, next time one of the reasonable supermarkets [A!di or L!dl] have 'em on offer. Can see how that would help keep an eye on activity levels. :)

Sorry to hear MrSA was very confused again last night; hope the change in medication levels helps..
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks all - you are really helping me survive day to day - I hope you all realise that!

Mr SA tons better last night - sitting up, eating and drinking and generally more like himself. Breathe a sigh of relief!

Not a lot happening on the finance front. Trying hard not to spend much and payday is still over a week away!
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    30 day shred is a killer, I got to day 15 and gave up :o I lost nearly half a stone though in those two weeks! It does work!

Glad Mr SA is perking up a little :)

Eww to mouse but thank gawd you found it lol xx
    JUNE 2024 GOALS ~ Manifest a buyer for my house so I can move!! DONE!!
    EF/moving fund £2677.62/3000~ NSD 9/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £266.31/ £500 ~
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So pleased to hear about Mr SA.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport