Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• MissE001
    MissE001 Posts: 797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SA - followed you across from the VSP challenge. Wow, you've had a tough few months. Isn't it strange how posting on here and having virtual hugs really helps - in lots of situations :)

I'm sure your DD could really have done without having to make such a difficult decision when the family is already going through such a hard time - big hugs to her too

I do hope that your diary descends into mundane soon :)
    SPC Member #112 :A Save £2k in 2014 # 160 :money:
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,437 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I sure hope my diary becomes mundane soon MissE001!

Today's visit wasn't so good. He's still sedated, they tried to wake him up this morning but his chest infection was making his breathing difficult so they put him back under. He looked uncomfortable tonight and felt hot to the touch. They plan to do a tracheostomy tomorrow to "wean him off ventilator". They say this is quite usual. However there is very small risk of bleeding when they do tracheostomy. If this happens it will be catastrophic. Keeping everything crossed now. They said there was risk of bleed with biopsy and it happened. However they have only seen it happen once before with tracheostomy.

They don't have biopsy results back yet but seem to be treating him as if they have. Dreading the results coming through. Why can't there be some good news for once! Just wish this nightmare would end. I wish someone could say this time next year he will be well again.

Wish I could feel a bit more positive. Worry worry worry.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Nikky2003
    Nikky2003 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Sun Addict, sending hugs and best wishes at this difficult time, hoping you have good news soon, Nikky xx
    :j Now debt free :j
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    You and your family deserve a change in fortune. Hope your OH starts on the long road to recovery soon. I know how tiring it is doing hospital visits, when you are not at the hospital you feel guilty but once you are there you just want to be home.Thinking of your DD at this difficult time for her.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Sunaddict..so sorry for everything you and your family are going through.Just want to send you some hugs and support.
    I hope they can get on with hubbies treatment very soon.The waiting for results is so hard.Please take care of yourself during this time. xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,437 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all and thanks

Slept better last night. DS came round for a bit and we sat chatting until 9-ish. Had a couple of glasses of wine then fell asleep on sofa. Got up and went to bed and slept again. Woke up about 6. Very apprehensive about today but they have to do what they think is best for him. I have no option but to trust their decisions. Will go to visit him this afternoon so just need to fill my day until then. Need to take dog out and make soup for work lunches as all being well I will be going to work tomorrow. Just taking it one day at a time. Today's hurdle is him being ok with tracheostomy and starting to wake up again. He also needs to get rid of this chest infection.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Hope today goes as well as it can xx

((hugs)) xx
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope everything goes ok today SA. Hope DD is ok too xx
    Mummytogirls x

• taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Hope everything goes ok today xxx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    hello Lovely xx

I hate waiting.

It does suck and I have never found a way to make it not pointless and frustrating.

I did used to set myself a task, but then the news - like the ring tone and Asda becomes associated with that event or drawer or tv show etc.

I think dog walking - not too far is good or something like knitting. pointless surfing on the net.

So sorry for your DD and the family.

I just really hope as I post this you are posting good news.

Love to you all xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family