Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Just remember he is in the best place at the moment. Better to keep things as normal as possible cos unfortunately you dont know how long this is going to take (sorry).

My mum could'nt drive, tried but failed miserably, so when my dad ended up in hospital when i was young we had to rely on lifts and the bus. So when i was old enough to drive my parents paid for my lessons, so if my mum was stuck again then i would be able to take her.

Hope you have an answer soon, then they can help OH.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon SA,

Good job they found the blood clots, im glad theyre not treating them.

Have they mentioned anything else that they were testing for?

Hope you feel ok back at work today xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't know what to think - he is having biopsy tomorrow they think it's lymphoma and possibly in his lungs too. Could be aggressive auto immune infection. Both scenarios will involve lengthy treatment and long stay in hospital. He is very ill and needs steroids ASAP but they can't give them until after biopsy as will interfere with results. They need him to hang in there until tomorrow but will give them if urgent as he could slip into coma.

Can't believe he has gone from healthy bloke to so sick in about 4 weeks.

However positive side is it is all treatable they say. Went to see him tonight but he kept falling asleep. He has just phoned me to ask me where I am - he can't really remember seeing me. Phone then went dead.

Feel like my life has taken rapid downturn in less than 2 weeks. Feel like collapsing in helpless heap but must keep strong for him. Once he starts on steroids he will start to feel better and they can start chemo or whatever.

Thank you all for your concern.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    OH SA

How frightening. It is really good that it is treatable tho. I guess in the barage of information that is good to hang on to.

I think you are allowed a little collapse if that is possible, that is a lot of information to take in.

Will the biopsy take long? I guess they can give him Steriods immediately after the biopsy.

We are all here, have you told anyone in real life? as in family and friends? It would be good to have a real life person to talk it over with.

Now I know this isn't important but have you done anything about cancelling the holiday? you may not care - not sure I would but my sensible Mse head (the tiny annoying squeaky voiced one who tells to me e bay) tells me to ask about insurance etc.

Sending you love SA

xxxxBuffy
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Thats the frightening thing about this, how somebody healthy in such a small length of time can become so ill, just glad they seem to be on his case, hope as soon as they start treatment, he feels better. Just remember to take of yourself as well. At xmas my dad was ill in hospital and by time he came out, i felt so exhausted and then had to keep on looking after him when he came out. Now he is better i can relax.

Perhaps you can defer your hols for abit. No doubt you will be in need of one by time this is all over.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hospital rang me at work today. They did biopsy but unfortunately tumour reacted badly and has bled. He is in intensive care being kept asleep and ventilated. So yes it is brain tumour. They have started steroids and will decide on treatment once they have had a look at biopsy. I haven't been to hospital today I can't face it. They said they would ring me if there is any change. Came home and took dog out for a walk. Waiting for DD to come home. I feel so shocked and sick. I can't believe this is happening. Praying for him to recover.

Buffy I will cancel holiday tomorrow. Can't face it today. There are people to talk to but I still feel so alone. I would give anything to have him back to normal.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Awwww SA so sorry to be reading this :(. Hope they look at the biopsy soon and start treatment asap.
    (hugs) xx
    Mummytogirls x

• christopher_robin
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Please look after yourself.
  • Amy2510
    Amy2510 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    De-lurking to say I am so sorry to hear your news, My thoughts are with you all, and I hope for a speedy recovery. Remember too that it is ok to not be ok, lean on someone when you need to.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Oh Sun Addict.

I wish I could be there to do those pointless things people do like make tea. I am dumbfounded so God only knows how you must be feeling.

I will check in every day ok?

I will obviously pray for your husband and you. And DD.

Love Buffy

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills