Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,312 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi buffy

DD is here but she is like chocolate fire guard as she is panicking so much. OH has just had another "do"- eyes went weird and he started dribbling. He wanted to go to toilet so took him but he collapsed in hallway although still conscious. Just made it to loo in time but made a it of mess. However earlier in day I left him for just 20 minutes while I went to shop for a few bits when I got back it was like all hell had broke loose - he had messed everywhere. Rang doctor who is coming out tomorrow. Is this stress/depression - I don't think so! He is comfortable in bed now and I am having a much needed very large glass of red to help me sleep as I am so wrecked!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Jaspersmum
    Jaspersmum Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just wanted to say my Uncle a few years ago had symptoms very similar and would just pass out. They ran every test in the book and came back with nothing. The Doctors also put it down to stress/anxiety/depression!

Really hope you get to the bottom of things soon.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks for that jaspersmum - to cap it all DD has just announced she's pregnant!!!!! Daren't tell OH as that would really stress him! What a year so far. - DS split up with live in gf last month too. Need to win lottery to make up for it!
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Doctor has been - OH needs to see neurologist urgently. Symptoms can be caused by stress but he needs to make sure nothing else. Dr is referring him today. I mentioned tumour but Dr thinks some of the signs aren't there.

Holiday tickets arrived today and I could have cried. Can't imagine OH will be well enough in 3 weeks. Although he went downhill in less than 2 weeks so you never know. Will wait another week yet before cancelling. He is adamant he's still going.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh SA, I do hope DH is ok. Hope the referral comes through quickly.

Congratulations on DD's news!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Oh my darling. how bloody scary.

and Jesus. does DD have a partner? Is he any use? Congratulations btw xxx

and 3 weeks to holiday. ugh.

Although I guess none of matters really, good that the doc said about not signs of a tumour.

Is there any history of epliespy in the family? (think I have spelt it wrong)

Has DH been working excessively hard? I guess it could be some kind of collapse because of exhaustion?

You are in my thoughts SA.

cannot believe hospital sent him home. Doc must have been furious.

take care hon - hope you are eating/drinking etc. must look after yourself as well as DH ok?

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Just found your diary and concerned for you and your family. It is bad enough trying to get out of debt without the worry of health and other family problems. Sometimes its like one problem starts and then others start snowballing from there, with you in the middle of it.

Like you i had got out of debt but stupidly found myself back in it, hopefully by the end of next year i should be debtfree again, and hopefully will stay that way.

Congratulations on becoming a nan,i'm due to become a nan around september, came as a surprise as it was an accident but am looking on the positive side and not too worried about the future as the baby will be well cared for.

Lets hope that OH soon as a diagnosis for what is wrong with him, seems unbelievable that stress and depression can make someone behave like he has done. You know your OH better than anyone else so the doctors should listen to you as you know when he is ill.

With all that is happening around you remember to look after yourself you dont want to be the next casualty and lets hope that by time your hols come around everything has quietened down and you can relax and enjoy your hols, as you deserve it.

Big Hugs.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks everyone for yor support

Well OH is in neuro ward. He had loads of tests yesterday and is to have brain scan today. Dr at hospital was very thorough and said they will check for everything possible and the make sure he comes out with medication. He couldn't see any signs of brain swelling and he has passed all the neuro tests for obvious things so this sounds good. They still think it's most likely to be severe depression or stress. I'm hoping it's a nasty virus that has affected his brain and will clear up with antibiotics. Buffy -DD has epilepsy but controlled and yes OH has been complaining about feeling totally exhausted and burnt out.

Not so sure how I feel about being a nan - still think I'm too young!! DS was unplanned so history is repeating itself. Not met her bf - she can be very secretive she has known him 8 months and he's older than her, has job and own place so looks like we will finally get her off our hands! Hallelujah!

Not going to worry about debt as now realise what is more important. I will chip away at it bit by bit and it wouldn't be the end of the world if it has to get pushed onto another 0% card if need be. But the majority of it is on the Halifax card which is 2 year's 0% so can relax a bit about this portion. The Barclaycard 0% ends at end of August. It would be nice to pay it off by then but I always have the option of balance transferring it. Not worth stressing about as long as minimum payments can be met with the odd extra payment now and again.

OH doesn't get paid when he's off but will try and see if he's eligible for some sort of sick benefit. Never dabbled in the world of benefits before. He keeps going on about not bringing any money in but I've told him not to worry. I earn enough to pay bills and buy food and we have a bit of money saved which could tide us over for a while. Will be on MSE 24-7 looking for tips!!

Will keep you all updated and I really appreciate all the kind thoughts.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    am really pleased OH is in hospital and getting looked after by the docs etc.

Phew!

and seems like a good plan on the debts, not important at the moment.

big hugs SA

xxxxxxxxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hope the results wont be long in coming and OH is on the road to recovery. If you are eligable for any benefits then go for it.

Keep us informed and good luck.xx
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure