Options
    Hope everythings ok SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,312 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you all you lovely people for your kind words

OH still in intensive care. I went to see him tonight with his sister. They have been trying to wake him up by taking him off sedation. He is trying very hard to open his eyes but not focusing. I'm sure he knew we were there. He started panicking about ventilator and choking on it so they have sedated him again as his sats aren't high enough yet for him to breathe on his own. It was scary but I'm glad I went. They will try and wake him up again tomorrow.

Two work friends took me for coffee at lunchtime but it was place that he loves to go and my heart started to break. It was such a weird feeling. Everyone is being so nice. Hoping for better news tomorrow. Feel like I can't cope with much more shock. Just want everything back to how it used to be.

DD has offered to clean house tomorrow - now I am worried - she never cleans up!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • christopher_robin
    Options
    Just to let you know that I am thinking of you and checking regularly for any updates (though don't feel pressurised to post).

Hope everything goes well tomorrow and accept any help you can - you need your strength for OH not housework.

Take care xx
  • Harvwall01
    Options
    Hi SA. Have been following your diary and just wanted to come along to let you know I am thinking of you.

HW
  • alibob30
    alibob30 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Just read your diary. What s scary time for you, my thoughts and best wishes are with you, your husband and your daughter.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hello SA

Hope things go well at the hospital, really you are in my prayers.

massive hugs - and if I was there I would make you tea and walk the dog with you

Love Buffy xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,312 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all

He is finally coming round from sedation and is breathing on his own. He is reacting and when I asked him if he could hear me he nodded, They are pleased with his progress. Obviously it doesn't change the fact he has lymphoma but once he is up and running again he can start treatment.

Cancelled holiday today - there is no way he is going to be fit enough 2 weeks today. I've got to put it in writing and then contact insurance company.

DD had cleaned up when I got back from hospital (not that noticeably but the thought was there),got some shopping in (!!!!!!!) but polished wooden stairs and they are really slippy so we could all be joining OH in hospital soon!

Thank you all for your concern.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    As long as each day he slowly improves, remember my mum saying that when she was "out of it " in hospital, she could still here us talking to her, but she could'nt let us know that she could. Just keep talking and reassuring himwhen you are there.

Glad DD is taking abit of responsibility at home, lets hope she keeps it up.Try and accept any help that is offered and remember if u want to shut yourself and have a good cry, then do it.

Big hugs to you all.xx
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Just saying good night SA

Take care, good advice from Amber

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income