• taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    nice to hear some positives..just try to take one day at a time x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,523 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Taking it one day at a time is definitely the way forward taxi.

OH has been moved out of intensive care to high dependency unit as he is no longer ill enough for intensive care. Music to my ears! He still hasn't opened his eyes but they say he is trying. I will be going to see him later today so hopefully he'll have opened them by then.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,523 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Went to see OH in new ward. Still hasn't opened his eyes much but he tried and when I asked him if he could see me he mouthed yes. At least he is responding and they say his eyes will open in time - could be something to do with nerves. Consultant came to see him, she is happy with his progress and says all will take time. She thinks he has a 7 month course of treatment ahead of him. He is to have another CT scan tomorrow.

Have done an online Mr T order for tomorrow as we are running out of stuff and I'm getting fed up of carting stuff to hospital and back. They must think all I do is shop!

Feel a bit better in myself at the moment, now the immediate danger has passed, still absolutely gutted about him having brain tumour but at least they are trying to do something about it. Sleeping and eating better and don't feel as panicky.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • christopher_robin
    Options
    Glad things are a little bit more positive today.

Look after yourself.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Happy to see he's out of ICU its scary in there, like you say a long way to go but take one day at a time. There will be up's and down's but you have been amazingly strong ((Hugs)) xxx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Phew out of IUC. That is good. And the doctor person is pleased, also good :)

Being a doing girl at a time like this can be good. Best to keep busy when not at the hospital.

take care lovely xxxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to hear that he's out of ICU that is a massive step forward.I'm also glad gto hear that you're feeling better in yourself too.One day at a time xx
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Good news on OH being transferred out of ICU, when my dad was in hospital over Xmas,think we did a tour of the hospital cos he got transferred so many times, but each move meant he was getting better. Fingers crossed he is heading in the right direction, even if it will take time.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hello Sun.A,

Just found your diary; de-lurked to offer a virtual (((hug))).

Hope you are sleeping soundly next to Dear Dog right now, and will find DH further improved when you visit tomorrow. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure