Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on 50 quid from npower.
    Another vote for chasing up the OT from me.
    Keep plodding xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,515 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes Beanie time to chase up the OT now for sure. And I'm plodding one step at a time!
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Glad things are looking up. Keep on truckin' lass.

Sending you positive thoughts x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Hello all

Saw the psychologist yesterday and she agrees Mr SA is depressed and has prescribed anti-depressants. She expects to see an improvement in his mood by 2 weeks. Saw the consultant today who went through everything that has happened since Easter. The upshot is things are looking more positive and the scan results were encouraging. This latest batch of chemo will finish Sunday, then it's the wait for the blood counts to rise, possibly a day at home next week. Then 2 weeks at home before the extreme chemo and stem cell transplant which will mean 3-5 weeks in hospital. Estimated end of treatment is end September. There is high risk lymphoma could come back within 2-10 years but he will be monitored. Consultant says this type of lymphoma is extremely rare especially in the part of the brain that Mr SA has it (trust him!) but recently he has been seeing 15 cases a year of brain lymphoma and he covers all of East Midlands.

So things are looking more positive at the moment dare I say it.

big hugs, that is a lot to take in Honey. generally good but wow.
    needs lots of headspace!

Hope today went ok, the endless round of hospitalness makes the days so weird.

more hugs xxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Hi all and once again thanks for your support

Had a nice weekend, busy with dog and housework mainly. Mr SA has finished his chemo and his blood counts now have to recover. He's looking, feeling and sounding a lot better - it's like the old him is finally coming back. There are fewer phone calls from him now thank goodness!

Finance wise - cancelled my direct debit for the lottery. This will free up £8-10 per month (we had a line each per week) and there is no way I'm paying £4 a week when it goes up in October! Might just buy one lucky dip a week on a Saturday when I've got the cash to spare.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Glad all ok with you.

The lottery is something we will have to think about cancelling too. I keep hanging on 'just incase'. Dread to think what I have spent in the last 20 years or so on it!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Hi all

Lucky - I'm trying to cut down on all unnecessary outgoings so lottery is the first to go. Once Mr SA is out of hospital money will be a lot tighter as I will be back to buying him in food and stuff again. Although he's still costing me while he's in hospital due to all the coffees I have to buy him plus all the chocolate he gets through. Been buying those multi packs in Sainsburys where you get 4 for £1 but he eats 2 at a time! Still cheaper than buying single bars though. Now I'm taking him out in the wheelchair again at visiting time he wants a coffee to sit with and then another one on the way back to take up to the ward. You get a card stamped at the coffee shop and every 6th one is free and we're getting rather a lot of free ones at the moment! Feel awful if I say no to him. It's like having another child!

Finance-wise - need to properly tot up what I've spent since payday - need to see where I am with things before it gets out of hand.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad to hear Mr SA is doing ok at the mo! Fingers crossed his blood count recovers quickly xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Glad Mr SA is feeling more like himself :) I hope it's not too long before he's well enough to come home.

I stopped playing the lottery when we first fell into debt, I didn't realise it was going up in price?? I was going to try the postcode lotto but it was £10 a ticket if i remember rightly so I didn't bother :eek:!
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1922! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad he's feeling and looking better.

I'm cancelling my dd as well, think this one might bite them in the bum, everyone I've spoke to has said they not doing it when it's doubled.
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family