Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,411 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks all - I know I should go to doctors. Might phone them this afternoon and see if I can get in tomorrow morning on the way to work. Funny thing is it's not been itching since I mentioned it on here yesterday. I'm wondering if it's stress related. Had my hands covered in Sudocream with white cotton gloves on top last night - kept thinking of Michael Jackson songs!

Not heard from Mr SA today. Sent him a text asking him if he was feeling better but heard nothing back. So looks like he's still feeling off colour. Will see what's going off tonight.

Finance wise - still got my £80 budget left (only 6 days to go!!) Got to pick up a few things at lunchtime but should be able to stick to budget of £5. I WILL stick to this budget!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    hello Lovely

Yep get that doctors appointment!

I now have "Thriller" going round my head...........*sings off key*

Hope when you get to the Hospital Mr SA is feeling better

Big hugs

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sending more hugs just in case they are needed.

xxxx
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Hello all

Mr SA not well he has an infection they think. They are growing a sample culture to see what it is. So looking doubtful he'll be discharged this week now. He has very low blood pressure and has to stay in bed. He has had another blood transfusion and is being given fluids by drip. He's not happy to say the least and is convinced that this will (in his words) "finish him off".

Finance wise - spent £6.89 yesterday and today have to draw out £10 cash as purse is totally empty, which will leave me with £63.11 to last until Sunday. Mr T order arriving tonight but have managed to keep this under £30. I WILL do it!

My hands are looking tons better by the way. They've stopped itching so much so should be able to get some steroid cream from Boots now they're aren't any open sores.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    It must be quite impossible to see him like this. And saying that sort of thing. I know logically it isn't true but it is still difficult to have it out in front of you.

Just listen to the doctors eh?

I m so impressed with the money situation and your determination - generally with everything!

I have totally wasted today surfing and researching and getting no where so I am off to do - like you do :)

Keep up the good work with the hands as well - still think you need the doc but understand the hassle aspect!

Take care xxxxx
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hello Sun.A, :hello:

What a wonderful gesture of MrSA, getting you such a large bouquet that you couldn't put all the flowers into one vase at home! :D
    ..Still, at least you have the pleasure of seeing flowers - and being reminded of MrSA's love - in more than one room at home (actually I prefer that!).

Stress is often a factor in skin complaints. Realising that is the cause usually brings an improvement.
    Personally, I'd treat with meditation / relaxing activities, and my old favourite; natural Aloe Vera gel.

Please read up on this plant, and if you agree, see if you can get hold of a mature specimen (at least three years old, with about a dozen big leaves - 12" plus). A Freecyc!e / Freag!e request will probably locate one, or garden centres sell them but you'll pay more for a plant which is ready to use.

If MrSA falls victim to bed-sores it will be invaluable, as sadly the stuff the nurses use isn't very effective - but AV is!
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks Buffy and Robin

Robin - I have some Aloe Vera gel on my desk at work from H&B which is 100% pure Aloe gel - maybe not the same as fresh from the actual plant but I should try it instead of it just sitting there looking at me! Quite a few people I know swear by it. Hands are still improving thankfully since I've been using Sudocream and the cotton gloves.

Mr SA is no better but thankfully no worse. Still not eating but drinking plenty and his temperature has gone down and blood pressure up. He had another platelets transfusion last night.

Mr SA's sister is going on holiday on Saturday, only for a week, but I am so envious. We should have been going to Portugal 2 weeks tomorrow and it is gutting me I had to cancel it. How i would love to lie on a sunlounger for a week or two. Still I have bigger fish to fry at the moment and the most important thing is getting Mr SA better. The holidays will still be there.

Budget-wise after yesterday's visit to Mr S, the online order from Mr T last night and this morning's trip to Poundland, I now am down to £22.31 left in this week's budget with 3 days left to go. Don't need much else so WILL do it! Hopefully!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,467 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You can do it budget wise :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    What a lovely thing for MR SA to do..shows he appreciates and loves you.Sorry to hear he's so unwell at the moment..hopefully he'll feel a bit better tomorrow.
    I swear by Aloe vera gel too..it's great stuff
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    My MIL swears by aloe vera too! She has plants all over her house :eek: and whenever anyone has a complaint she suggests it, it's quite funny really as she won't use anything else and tuts at others when they try tablets/creams etc. She's usually right too as they always go to her and ask her for some AV after trying everything else (in defiance I think...)

I hope MR SA is feeling better soon :(

And I think DS coming back home is a godsend :) extra help when you need it the most- money-wise as well as practicality-wise :) xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £259.70/300 86.6%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 4/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £283.29 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport