• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope the bed has arrived ok today.

Well done on the free jumper Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I keep looking for the wonky veg box but no joy yet. There is a wonky veg box scheme round these parts which makes a change from the over priced organic ones (website here ) but still not in the £3 bracket.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,515 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The bed is finally here! Mr SA got the delivery blokes to take it upstairs, told them he was disabled. I got a right shock as I was ironing in the bedroom and all of a sudden two blokes appeared with a headboard!

All unpackaged now and the new duvet cover and sheet on. Pity we've got to dismantle it again for the carpet.

Put on half a pound at WW, was quite shocked as thought I'd been good this week. Last week I went for a meal out, only went to the gym once, drank loads of wine and lost a pound! Won't be going next week as taking Mr SA to the Christmas market and Primani but I won't give up on getting back to goal by Christmas.

It's been lovely and sunny here today but freezing cold. Even the dog is having to wear a coat when I take her out. Brr!!

Hope everyone has had a great Saturday :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Good news about the bed delivery and the end of your camping adventures SA. Another one here anti-camping - never liked it even in my teens and twenties when I went to rock concerts. Last straw was with the ex-Mr SSG who was a biker, insisted we camped when we went to the Isle of Man TT races. Absolutely miserable as it rained all week! The following year I insisted on a nice B&B.......

Also can’t believe it’s been a year since your accident. I remember it as you disappeared from your diary which was so unlike you. Here’s to an ever strengthing ankle during the next year. :)

Bet the dog looks really cute in his coat. :)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Seasidegal I feel your pain. I’ve spent many weekends camping at motorbike rallies/racing weekends. Nothing worse than loads of drunk and snoring bikers lying flat on their backs in tents as far as the ear can hear!!

Glad the delivery guys were helpful SA.

Half a pound is nothing. Just an extra wee :o Xx
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    It was horrendous lucky. - there were no proper showers on the camping site and I couldn’t wash properly plus it was freezing! So I came back with a spotty face as well!:mad:
    🌟
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,515 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    When my kids were at school I was friendly with a mum who went to the Isle of Man TT Races every year. I was convinced it was her DH who dragged them all there.

The first and last time I went camping the toilets and showers were in a nearby farmhouse and there were cows all round the tent chewing things in the night. It was in the Derbyshire Dales. I love the countryside but not in a tent!

The upside was it was a church/boy's brigade thing and the lads by far outnumbered the girls, which appealed quite a lot to the 17 year old me :) Even though my hair was a mess for the 3 days it lasted!

Talking about roughing it - I'll be so glad when the carpets are down, not long to go now. Getting really fed up of the mess. Still got 3 rooms to do but that's for next year.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    The first and last time I went camping the toilets and showers were in a nearby farmhouse and there were cows all round the tent chewing things in the night. It was in the Derbyshire Dales. I love the countryside but not in a tent!

The upside was it was a church/boy's brigade thing and the lads by far outnumbered the girls, which appealed quite a lot to the 17 year old me :) Even though my hair was a mess for the 3 days it lasted.

Ah well SA - the male company made up for it then........:rotfl:

Not long now to the carpets!:T
    🌟
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I refused to go to the TT when DH and pals went. My ‘excuse’ was I was 7 months pregnant with DS1, but truth be told I just couldn’t face camping again Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,644 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on bed :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure