🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Crikey SA! I miss your diary for a couple of days and come back to find that Mr SA has nearly blown up the house!

Yes sad about David Cassidy - I was a bit too old to appreciate him but DSis was a big fan - she had his posters- along with Donnie Osmond. It doesn’t seem that long ago to me - I felt a bit surprised at reading his age - he’ll always be about 19 in my mind.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,658 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi SA - found your diary and am going to catch up a few pages at a time.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,733 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    HI Milan :wave:
    Good to see you here :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,591 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good grief Milann my diary is 4 years long and has been a bit eventful to say the least!

So I got the bed delivery date wrong :( It's Saturday. Makes sense to be honest why I chose Saturday. So two more mattress only nights.

Forgot to do Mr SA's beef stew in the slow cooker for tonight so I had to go out and buy something from Mr S.

Hope this isn't the start of me getting old and forgetful :(

I think it's because I have so much to remember both at home and work.

Black Friday tomorrow - a reminder that I had a very black Saturday instead last year. One year ago on Sunday Mr SA ran me over, still goes through me to think about it :(
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    On the mattress front, Mr SA thinks it's like camping. The first and last time I went camping I was 17 and there was nowhere to plug my heated rollers in, I wasn't impressed! Needless to say I don't do camping.

I can recommend the Mr M wonky veg box, just £3 and full to the brim - potatoes, onions, carrots, parsnips, swede, cabbage and cauliflower :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,733 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope this years black Friday is VERY VERY uneventful.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    A year already!!

I don’t ‘do’ camping either.

Wonky veg box sounds good Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Me neither with the camping, too old for that nonsense :eek:.

Keep well away from Mr SA's scooter, we don't want any more accidents to spoil your Christmas :eek::eek:.

I'm glad you've decided to keep your day off :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Cant believe its been a year SA, the time has truly flown (well maybe not for you).

Have a lovely weekend, only 1 more night of the camping experience :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Happy Friday :)

Just did a 6 hour day at work today then had a look at the Black Friday sales. Did quite well in Debenhams, got a jumper for £10 half price then used £10 voucher so £0. Also got my present from Mr SA and my present to Mr SA - perfume/after shave at duty free prices :)

Also got Mr SA a year's subscription to GQ for £19.

Not got that much Xmas shopping left to do now. Can't find the ride on fire engine for DGS discounted anywhere though :(

Every day on my walk home from work I pass a little independent coffee shop, looks lovely with candles on the tables and leather sofas. Decided to go in today as town was so busy and this is on the outskirts. Ordered and paid for my usual tipple of black Americano and they said take a seat we'll bring it over. 15 minutes later still no coffee so asked where it was to be met by blank faces. Then the penny dropped, I was upgraded to a large coffee plus a voucher for a free one on my next visit :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport