Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,392 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy February :)

Payday come and gone. Credit card cleared, money for holiday spending saved, £50 in regular saver now £400. Can't remember exact amount in VSP but almost £100, need to check and update signature.

Yet again didn't keep proper count of NSD and AFD but didn't hit targets. Must try harder this month.

Goals for February - 8 NSD, 12 AFD, keep a tally!!!

Getting quicker walking, taking me less time to get to bus stop in the morning and getting to work earlier. Foot hurts though, still swollen. Had to take painkillers two nights running in the early hours.

When I got home from work today, Mr SA told me he had bought two camping chairs from the charity shop to take on holiday. Told him we don't need them we are in a villa. Later on he then said he hadn't bought them. So am puzzled at the moment!

Not heard anything back from his scan so assume all ok as it was 2 weeks ago.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad to hear you're getting on better now you're on your feet again.

Bless Mr SA with the camping chairs!! I wonder if he's just thought about buying them not actually bought them! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    you'll have to go on a camping chair hunt...
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    The chairs haven't appeared so assume he didn't buy them. His latest fad is the slip on shoes I bought him the other day - I had to go back and get another pair.

Another week done. Slight progress made with ankle, still swollen and constantly tingling/aching though. Keep getting strange burning sensations that I assume must be nerves and things firing up.

Been doing ok keeping tabs on spending, paying off cc as I spend on it and paying cash if I can. Still waiting for taxi expenses to come through, don't usually take this long but my manager has been on leave and she has to approve them. Could do with them asap as cash reserves running low until Mr SA's PIP goes in a week on Monday.

Mr SA has had a nasty fall this week and hurt his knee plus yesterday he had one of his toilet accidents; luckily he washed his clothes and didn't leave them for me like he usually does. It must be something to do with his brain damage, he doesn't seem to get the message he needs the loo in time and he messes himself.

Just before I broke my ankle I bought that book - 30 days to a clean and organised house, but obviously couldn't start anything. On Monday I sort of started trying to do some of it - I'm a bit limited what I can do at the moment but I'm doing parts of it.

To try and vary my menu plan I've pulled some recipes out of the February WeightWatchers magazine and will try all of them this month. This week I've picked:
    Chunky squash, chickpea and lime soup
    Vegetable sausages & cauliflower mash with caramelised onion gravy
    Cauliflower, chickpea and spinach curry (although due to spinach shortage will have to use kale!)

Mr M delivery due this morning, then I'm having my eyebrows waxed and tinted. Going to clean the whole house today, concentrating on the kitchen. DS and grandkids visiting this afternoon. Hopefully DGS won't scream for the whole time again!

Hope everyone has a great weekend ;)
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope at some time, you have the opportunity just to sit and relax, everything sounds so exhausting.

I feel for you so much with Mr SA accidents so many things that impact on life after a major trauma - hope thats included in the ESA assessment i.e. dignity at work etc.

Have a lovely afternoon with grandchildren
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I told Mr SA not to be embarrassed to tell the truth next week. Can you imagine how he would feel if that happened at work.

Grandkids have just gone. They're lovely but very noisy. Only managed to get the downstairs cleaned. Will do upstairs tomorrow. Gave the kitchen a good clean and declutter though. Had my eyebrows done then went in Iceland spent 19!!! This was after Mr M shop of £65. Must try to spend less on groceries. Also had to buy new shower head as ours is leaking, £6.50 from local hardware store, it's not very good but will have to do until we get a new bathroom. Speaking of which need to set the ball rolling again with the home improvements. Going to the kitchen place in 2 weeks to finalise quote.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Sounds like a productive day for you SA. Yay to the new kitchen, that will be amazing x
    Mummytogirls x

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Poor old Mr SA - he's so lucky to have you SA.

Your recipes sound really yummy!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    The dog and I fell asleep on the sofa around 9.30 last night and woke up at 1am!! Went to bed and slept through until 5.30 am.

Today's plans mainly involve pottering around, reading, clean upstairs (giving the bathroom a good clean), menu plan, make the soup from the new recipes and make a fish pie with celeriac, swede and carrot mash.

Currently got a deep conditioner on my hair with a shower cap over it. Will rinse off after breakfast. Cheap shower head is not that bad actually.

Hoping for a NSD today. Mr SA was talking about going into town for a coffee but I said I need a rest today.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    You are very organised at the moment SA!!! Enjoy your restful day xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing