Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wine is medicinal.

Great news about ankle. here hoping you are mobile quickly
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with everyone else on the wine front, after a day like that it would have been pushing it to have had an AFD!

Good news about the cast, I hope the ligament pain starts to clear up too!
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Glad you're progressing....don't go back to work too quickly tho...

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope all ok with you SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you, xxx
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,515 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning folks

Been AWOL a few days, just very little time to myself what with working full time and then coming home and starting on the cooking and cleaning. More or less get home, clean, iron, cook, pack away, time for bed. The plan is to get back into my routine of starting at 7am so I can finish earlier.

Not much to report really. On the money front split my Mr M Saturday delivery into 2 smaller deliveries, Thursday and Saturday. I bought an anytime 6 months delivery pass for £20 a couple of months ago so this has been a real bonus. So far spent £108 out of £400 grocery budget but monthly Amazon subscribe and save of coffee pods arrived this week so that accounted for £14 of it, otherwise would have been slightly under budget for this week.

Don't ask about the AFDs! I'm afraid I just haven't got going with this yet. The bottle of wine Mr SA opened on Tuesday also provided a glass on Wednesday and Thursday! I think once I'm back to "normal" I'll be more with it. I need to get back into my normal routine.

DD still doesn't know what she wants for her birthday. Have ordered her a personalised card from Moonpig, which is actually very appropriate for her, hope she will see the joke and not be offended. As it's her birthday on Thursday I think the easiest thing to do is give her money. She says she doesn't need anything; I'm a bit loathe to give her cash as I think she'll fritter it away but I don't think I have much choice at the minute. Mr SA is going to pick up a 30th banner from the local shops (he'll probably come back with a 40th one!) and a balloon and I'll order her a cake with the online shop.

Mr SA is starting to get worked up about his scan on 18 January. He is adamant it will be bad news as he reckons he can tell, he feels different. He says this every time by the way. I can't see any changes in him but it's only natural he's worried.

Went to hairdressers yesterday, had to get taxis for what is usually a 20 minute walk but had no choice. So this added £6.50 to the cost. I daren't add up how much this broken ankle has cost me. It wouldn't surprise me if it's over £200. Best not to think about it really.

Today's plan is to do a meal plan for the week ahead. Mr S sent me a voucher for £5 off my next shop so will spend the minimum £40 with them for a small delivery mid-week. Need to look at what we've got in the freezer first.

Off to catch up with the other diaries now.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds all very busy round at yours SA! I hope DD likes her card, I'm sure she will. The balloon, banner and cake will all add to her birthday too. I always buy the kids a balloon reckon il still be doing it when they get to your DD's age too ha!

Enjoy your Sunday x
    Mummytogirls x

• JWPopps
    Options
    My OH just turned 31, I bought him a bag of abusive balloons from a website called Firebox, they say things like 'OMG you're old!' and 'this party is ****' - but that's his kind of sense of humour haha.

I'm really not looking forward to getting up at 6.30 tomorrow morning for the first time in 2 and a half weeks... I was reading an article yesterday about how much better all our lives would be if we worked 6 hours days instead of 8 hour ones, and with my 2 hour commute I definitely concur!!

Hope you feel your routine coming back soon!!

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,515 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 January 2017 at 8:10PM
    Options
    Oh to get up as late as 6.30 :) I have to get up at 5am :(

Mr SA decided to empty out the cupboard under the stairs - what a nightmare! However, threw a few things out and some stuff has gone to charity shop so ended up quite productive.

He kept going on (and on and on) about he hadn't had his £10 ESA Christmas bonus yet so ended up giving him £20 to shut him up (£10 for incidental weekly spends plus the bonus). Then he went to Savers to buy 2 Lypsyls and had the cheek to give me the receipt and try to say I had to give him the money back!!!!! No chance mate!

Made a Mediterranean bake from a WW meal kit I had lurking in the cupboard, a couple of portions of butternut squash risotto and some meatballs for Mr SA. Meal plan sorted for the week using stuff already got in freezer.

Full week at work next week :(
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • JWPopps
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Oh to get up as late as 6.30 :) I have to get up at 5am :(

Full week at work next week :(

I don't know how you do it, I struggle like mad! NOT an early bird...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills