Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Neither was I JWP but have been ever since I had the kids. Unfortunately I struggle to stay awake much beyond 9pm.

This time tomorrow I should be back on my feet again. Feel a bit apprehensive as ankle is still swollen and I can't imagine being able to walk on it.

No spends today other than taxi fares. Have put in expenses claim for 2 weeks worth, over £100! Not sure how much longer work will pay for taxis but it will be until I can walk to bus stop from home and work from bus stop in town. However, my house is a fair distance from bus stop and work is even further. That's one of the reasons I walk as 25 minutes of the journey is walking to and from bus stops.

Despite there being an open bottle of wine in the fridge I've not caved in (yet!!).

Dinner tonight is home made veggie cottage pie from freezer stock and Mr SA has got beef in red wine in the slow cooker.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow.Hope it goes better than you are imagining Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,475 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all goes well tomorrow :)
    Baby steps :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Well it went a lot better than I thought. X-Ray fine, ankle has a lot of swelling but that's normal, have been recommended to buy flight socks. Best of all I can walk :) Tried walking on crutches and it was very successful. Shocked myself. No more wheelchair. Been walking about the house just as it's such a novelty. However, ankle is really swollen now so have got feet up with ice pack on ankle. Proper physio starts at the end of the month but reckon I'll be well improved by them.

And yesterday was an AFD after all :) However, am finishing off the left over wine from the weekend tonight, then back on it tomorrow.

Onwards and upwards :)
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    :j:T:beer:

Tonight's a celebration!!! So pleased for you :D
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• beanielou
    Options
    Fab news :j :j
    Dont overdo it though!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounding great!! Boo to taxi costs but hopefully for not much longer xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So glad you're back on your feet again SA :T:T xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Have been fine at work today on the crutches. Ankle quite swollen tonight but will put the ice pack on it and put my foot up for a bit after dinner.

Spends today on taxis again and a small Mr S order of £45 using the £5 off voucher they sent me.

Tonight will be AFD 2/12.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad went ok.
    Take it easy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure